Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Hello, FBI? It's that tanned girl over there.

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

why did this go full loli now what
im kinda uncomfortable

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm, I hope this isn't a serious love interest. Key-chan doesn't seem that interesting and I want someone nice for Omichi.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

i admire rins boldness and I think she'll make a good addition to the cast

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Several chapters?! Nice.

Contrary to some others' opinions, I find Key-chan cute and interesting. And Omichi needs somebody, clearly, so why not. However, I'm not at all sure that that will happen.

And your summons are in vain. The FBI has no power in imagination.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Good lord, what a momentous trio of chapters! Koguma is pretty much dtf at this point and Hino just has to be non-useless enough to recognise it. I always love when Hino is on the back foot because of something Kogu did, so I'm all the way onboard with this.

I'm... kinda whatever on the topic of Rin. I guess she's a character now. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ At least we get to see that Omichii likes Hino more than she usually admits.

Homu%20manga
joined Apr 11, 2023

I sincerely don't know what's going on. From what I thought, the policy was to at least contact the current scanlators for picking up a series. Now many groups have stepped in after I did only 5 chapters. Of course I could have been faster, but usually what you do is ask to help. I'm okay with what is happening, I didn't get that attached to scanlating it, but if this were to happen with another series, like Virgins' Empire I would be pissed. Anyway, the project on mangadex is well done and the redrawing is good as well, so I'm fine with it being continued. But don't know what to think about this whole situation.

I'm just not sure I understand why you had to drop the series?
You didn't want your work on Mangadex, which means the series was left to rot on their site. Someone over there decided to pick it up for that reason, and they're only posting their scans on MD. You could've easily just kept doing your own thing here on Dynasty. (As Cuetie is now doing?)

And if, in the future, you decide you want your scans on Mangadex again? No problem, the site supports multiple releases anyway. I follow several series with several scanlation groups working on them. People will usually choose their favorite group and stick by them. So I think having multiple choices is nothing but a good thing.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't get the drama.

Chads took over when Cyan Steam had no editor, but Stan kept translating. Chads apparently refuses to upload their stuff on MD.
Meanwhile, someone on MD thought it was abandoned so translated it (didn't seem that bad a TL)
Chads then announced they dropped it.
Cuetie scans then asked Stan Miller directly if they could take over, to which they said Ok.

And since Stan Miller is staff here, I guess their word is final on what goes on here or not and they didn't want the MD version (for whatever reason), so the sanctioned Cutie Scans version comes here.

I don't get what Chads is complaining about? They were not "current" anymore.

Not posting on MD increases the sniping chances a thousandfold, because most people take it as a reference.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 6:31AM

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

This little girl is single handedly threatening to kill my interest in this manga. On a more positive note, I do love how these two are slowly reversing in terms of boldness.

Same

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, Rin's boldness sure inspired Koguma. :D

Already thought that this was how Hino turned Rin down, but nice to have it confirmed as well. ^_^

And looks like Omichi's kink is being called Onee-chan. :D

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 8:21AM

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

It's a child. Please, no.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

xKs has now caught us up over on MD and they made a post on the forum there that i thought would be relevant to share

xKs posted on MangaDex:

And with that, I've achieved my goal of catching everyone up! This was the first time I've taken on something this big, and I honestly didn't think I'd get far at first. My only experience was a few years ago when I translated a couple of really short one shots from Pixiv. I've never had to do the extensive stuff like redrawing. I had the crudest of tools at my disposal but I wanted to do what I could with them just to push this series along. My biggest motivation was knowing people could discuss the series again. I love reading the discussions and reactions, both good and bad!

On that note, I am but one person. This has started to become a bit of a fun hobby and I would only do it for this series because I like it so much. I will continue to work on the chapters as they come out, if you'll have me! I know there are entire groups that could do far better work than me, and I would never stop them from also stepping in. As I said, I'm doing this for fun and from passion, so I will not be selfish about it. The choice of who/where you want to read from is no business of mine! Anyway, enough talking. I'll see you next chapter!

Oh quick note: I do not have GANMA! Premium so we are sort of perpetually two chapters behind since that's how far premium members get to read (maybe someday I can pay up). New chapters come out every Monday (Sunday for me, time difference) so that's the earliest I can start working on them.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Omichi please stop falling for the literal child.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

They're both children, you're overreacting.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 9:39AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BoobTwinkler posted:

No, they're pixels on your monitor.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Appears to be less Drama and more Needless Complication.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 11:15AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

BoobTwinkler posted:

For a moment we all thought it was real, thank goodness you set us straight.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Woop Woop that's the sound of the police ... Wait no that doesn't apply here, nvm

Kogu is daring huh

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

BoobTwinkler posted:

Set us Straight? Is that what this was all about

joined Oct 27, 2018

The pedo apologists are doing their usual thing. How surprising.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The pedo apologists are doing their usual thing. How surprising.

Anyone can go to Mangadex, read up to date, and see how the kneejerk morality police are being utterly off-base about the role Rin-chan will play in the series.

In fact, I don’t see how anyone who has actually been reading this series and who has the most basic level of reading comprehension could possibly think that anything approaching actual “pedophilia” would be depicted by this author in the context of this series.

Unless someone defines girl-crushes as “pedophilia,” of course, at which point the conversation becomes even more irrelevant than usual.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 3:29PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Age of consent is 13 in parts of Japan anyway. So Omichi and Rin only have 4 years to wait, IF they're feeling that way inclined...〜⁠(⁠꒪⁠꒳⁠꒪⁠)⁠〜

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 3:28PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Age of consent is 13 in parts of Japan anyway. So Omichi and Rin only have 4 years to wait, IF they're feeling that way inclined...〜⁠(⁠꒪⁠꒳⁠꒪⁠)⁠〜

Could you please stop with this already. While the age of consent of 13 is """technically""" correct as that is how it's written in the Japanese Penal Code, literally all prefectures adopted ordinances that forbid sexual acts between adults and those under 18.

PLUS just recently they approved a bill to raise the age of consent from 13 to 16 as part of a reform of the Penal Code, so with that it's just flatout wrong, both technically and practically.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 3:45PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Could you please stop with this already. While the age of consent of 13 is """technically""" correct as that is how it's written in the Japanese Penal Code, literally all prefectures adopted ordinances that forbid sexual acts between adults and those under 18.

PLUS just recently they passed a bill to raise the age of consent from 13 to 16 as part of a reform of the Penal Code, so with that it's just flatout wrong, both technically and practically.

The discussion of the Japanese age of consent for sex is especially off-topic since absolutely nothing has been depicted or even suggested in this series that would make that standard relevant.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

BoobTwinkler posted:

Set us Straight? Is that what this was all about

Hah, I knew someone could not resist jumping on that word choice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.