Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

This series has gotten a lot more sitcommy since Takashima-sensei started writing for the tanks instead of for minor league yuri websites.

Since I am 100% convinced that Takashima-sensei has no plans to ever break these two apart, I'm not super worried about the intervening drama. I will probably be annoyed if Kase-san loses the race, but even then I expect that it won't do anything other than generate additional drama which we will have to soldier through before it gets resolved in Yamada and Kase's favor.

As another poster pointed out above, I'm very appreciative that Yamada has finally used her words like a grown-up to express her feelings. Also the fact that she has become more and more comfortable with initiating physical intimacy. So there's some growth there, and I approve.

joined May 20, 2013

Shame.

(Given the ever-reliable Kase, will the next series be Yamada to Fukami to Kase-san?)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

(It’s been established that Kase living off-campus is allowed by the school regulations, right?)

Yes, she was specifically only required to stay there for her first year.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

omg just race the damn race so we can get to the next story arc pls.

Im glad Yamada said something but it was definitely not enough. Kase barely feels admonished.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Fukami and Kase-san has a nice ring to it. Exhausted with Yamada and the jealousy routine.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Sigh. Remember the time when Kase-san was still pure wholesomeness without stupidity-driven drama? I still do...

You mean, like this latest chapter?

The latest chapter that is largely about the stupidity-driven drama of "race to move out"?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Fukami and Kase-san has a nice ring to it. Exhausted with Yamada and the jealousy routine.

Fukami and Kase have no chemistry.

Yamada has every right to be upset and it's not about jealousy this time. It's about her girlfriend fucking up their plans to live together for a completely insane reason. It being expressed as jealousy is (charitably) because she lacks experience in standing up for herself and saying what the real problem is or (uncharitably) because the mangaka is going downhill.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Right, if ever there were a nothing character, Fukami is it. Kase had tons more chemistry with Inoue-senpai, for that matter.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yamada has every right to be upset and it's not about jealousy this time. It's about her girlfriend fucking up their plans to live together for a completely insane reason. It being expressed as jealousy is (charitably) because she lacks experience in standing up for herself and saying what the real problem is or (uncharitably) because the mangaka is going downhill.

For that matter, jealousy isn't a nutty reaction for once. Which is more plausible?

A) "Kase has been two-timing me with her roommate, and is using this 'race' as an excuse to back out of living together"

B) "Kase is such a spineless idiot that she's been peer-pressured into pinning our life plans on a race"

From a reader perspective we can go with (B) but from Yamada's perspective (A) is a lot more normal, IMO.

joined Jan 14, 2020

And Kase's going through with it! She hasn't apologized, "I'm sorry, I was pressured into a terrible idea, I'm telling them it's off, please forgive me". So far, the race to move out is still on! It's insane.

last edited at Apr 4, 2023 3:39PM

joined Mar 16, 2023

Kase's actions need to start reflecting her words at some point... I mean she's already way late on that front but come on!

I did enjoy Yamada's growth and attitude throughout the chapter, the fact she still felt guilty for having those feelings shows to me how much work they both need to put into their relationship (Kase in particular). The fact that even after this chapter Kase doesn't see what she did/is doing is wrong is baffling...

I wouldn't be opposed to Kase and Yamada breaking up for a while, a scenario that can be derived from Kase losing the race, willing to stay in the dorms and Yamada just reaching her boiling point (maybe by a subsequent action by Fukami after the race is finished) and breaking up with Kase. We've seen how Kase initially reacts when she thinks Yamada has or will break up with her (she stays away until she gets enough courage to face Yamada). Have them be apart for the rest of university and reconnect afterwards in their hometown, after all there was that tidbit about Kase potentially going back after uni for work and I could see Yamada doing the same, as it's her comfort zone. Then they can have their relationship which I pray and hope that by that time Kase has matured... A LOT

joined Mar 16, 2023

Kase's actions need to start reflecting her words at some point... I mean she's already way late on that front but come on!

I did enjoy Yamada's growth and attitude throughout the chapter, the fact she still felt guilty for having those feelings shows to me how much work they both need to put into their relationship (Kase in particular). The fact that even after this chapter Kase doesn't see what she did/is doing is wrong is baffling...

I wouldn't be opposed to Kase and Yamada breaking up for a while, a scenario that can be derived from Kase losing the race, willing to stay in the dorms and Yamada just reaching her boiling point (maybe by a subsequent action by Fukami after the race is finished) and breaking up with Kase. We've seen how Kase initially reacts when she thinks Yamada has or will break up with her (she stays away until she gets enough courage to face Yamada). Have them be apart for the rest of university and reconnect afterwards in their hometown, after all there was that tidbit about Kase potentially going back after uni for work and I could see Yamada doing the same, as it's her comfort zone. Then they can have their relationship which I pray and hope that by that time Kase has matured... A LOT

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is the most unnecessary conflict in any manga I've read. (Probably an overstatement once I've gotten my mind stable after reading how ridiculous this is.)

I ease my mind by remembering the ancient Japanese saying " Yuri kappuru sorezore no jinsei ni Mizusawa Matsuri ga ochite kuru ni chigainai " (into each yuri couple life, some Matsuri Mizusawa must fall.)

joined Jun 21, 2021

Man the negativity here is something else lol. I’m glad I’ve never had a problem with dropping series I don’t like or just enjoying things for what they are. Some of you all are talking like you lost the energy to get out bed after reading the latest chapter

joined Mar 18, 2023

what makes this type of bad development worse is you know the author will force things to work themself out regardless of how unhealthy the route to get there was.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man the negativity here is something else lol. I’m glad I’ve never had a problem with dropping series I don’t like or just enjoying things for what they are. Some of you all are talking like you lost the energy to get out bed after reading the latest chapter

Some people have the good fortune of possessing the attention span of a mayfly.

Others of us have been reading about this couple for over a decade and therefore are willing to hang around to see if the ship rights itself.

last edited at Apr 5, 2023 1:44AM

6f1ccea7-b3f0-4820-814d-bccd7482bcd0
joined Mar 31, 2021

kase really need to really take a deep dive for yamada, she can say whatever is necessary at any given moment but some times, when it comes down to having to move in with someone you deeply love, you would disagree with anything anyone has to say. I can’t argue about kase though, she is such a thoughtful and sweet girl, id be clueless too if i loved someone so much to even noticed someone else had a crush on me

Screenshot_20211218_223644
joined Nov 25, 2021

I liked this latest chapter I only hope that kase doesn't makes a stupid decision
Just leave! Go live with the love of your life!, yeah yeah friendship and whatever not with this girl but realistically she doesn't have a say in this matter
Man I don't know I hope that they resolve this in a smart way and not just for pure magic or the power of friendship/love

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Characters! Being open about their motivations to each other! No way! I can't believe this!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Others of us have been reading about this couple for over a decade and therefore are willing to hang around to see if the ship rights itself.

Man, I just checked and the first chapter was uploaded in 2012. I remember reading it here long before I had created an account...

joined Nov 30, 2011

Kase really just put her entire move-in with Yamada on hold because of Fukami's selfish challenge.

I would be livid if I was Yamada. Kase should have known better than to accept such a challenge. This is really poorly done drama. Would have made way more sense to kick up the drama while they lived together than doing it this way -_- ....

At this point I would like Yamada to get some more independence and tell Kase, "I found a place and you can either move in with me or continue living with Fukami, whom you clearly care about more than me." Because honestly, from Yamada's perspective, Kase came across as a 2-timer here. Wtf.

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 10:37PM

Vampire-asuna
joined Mar 6, 2016

Re-reading this after the last chapter and I still can’t with Kase. Like Yamada is literally putting in the effort and feeling confident in their relationship together. Freak Ch.21 Kase literally didn’t learn anything from it, besides fantasizing over the fact that yamada called her ‘Her Girlfriend’.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch21#18

Yamada have told her relationship to at less three people through out this whole series. Hope Kase have the balls to feel that confident in their relationship. Better yet to lessen this confusion say ‘im have a girlfriend’ or even better ‘Yamada is my girlfriend’. Not like it’s Fukami first time meeting yamada.

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 4:35PM

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

It was just a hickey... But the ending fucked up!

Kase-san, why do you think you deserved this, huh? ┐⁠(⁠‘⁠~⁠`⁠;⁠)⁠┌

last edited at Apr 18, 2023 9:17PM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Still, it'd be nice if the stakes of this confrontation for Kase were outlined a little clearer.

That’s what I was getting at with my “world-building” comment. Yes, the track-team uni has been shown to be rather stifling and something that takes Kase’s attention away from her relationship with Yamada, but without further anchoring in the storyworld, the idea of a teammate having some sort of say about their roommate moving out just seems preposterous. (It’s been established that Kase living off-campus is allowed by the school regulations, right?)

That why I tend to see this less as “the character behaving badly” and more as “the writer throwing the character under the bus for the sake of the plot.” Fukami crushing on Kase has been bubbling under for quite some time and (pure speculation here) I guess plot-wise it needed to get resolved before Kase and Yamada start their cohabitation life together.

And joining Kase under the bus is Fukami, whose romantic aspirations are at best pointless and at worst simply the occasion for more jealousy angst, this time by Yamada.

And I’m here for it.

joined Apr 20, 2023

Yamada have told her relationship to at less three people through out this whole series. Hope Kase have the balls to feel that confident in their relationship. Better yet to lessen this confusion say ‘im have a girlfriend’ or even better ‘Yamada is my girlfriend’. Not like it’s Fukami first time meeting yamada.

The scenario brewing in my head is that Kase will quickly reject Fukami. Fukami will misinterpret Kase's rejection as being because Kase is straight and dating a man, which will possibly lead into Kase "coming clean" to Fukami about her relationship with Yamada and expressing how much she loves Yamada. Which hopefully will make Fukami back the fuck off. But thats just me trying to will the conflict to be over as quickly as possible.

To reply you must either login or sign up.