Forum › Posts by KaichiStrife

joined Mar 16, 2023

Well, raws are out... Only seen the panels, and that last page... Well I hope it's not what I think it can mean, because whoa would that be as bleak as it gets...

joined Mar 16, 2023

Absolute cuteness overload lol.

Though it seems like it's about to get more serious, the prince is supposed to be one of Elsa's routes, right? And also, the whole "transaction", do we have any context about what it is? Is it about what Evie and Michel talked about last time? Well either way a crucial point is coming up!

joined Mar 16, 2023

Look, I need to preface this comment to say that I do love this arc. It's very cute, there's lots of smiles and closeness and encouragement... BUT ... it is kinda, ruining the already established story?
There's no way, after spending this much time together, going to classes, and all this other stuff, that Elsa doesn't recognise the name "Smollet" when she starts going to the school?
Unless,
1. The thing that Evie is changing in the timeline is that Elsa immediately remembers her and pursues her when they meet again (unlikely, because didn't the bracelet react to Evie trying to tell Elsa her name when they first met?)
or
2. Elsa gets her memories wiped. But, really specifically, like, only of Evie's name. She remembers the promise vividly and what Evie looks like, so this is kind of doubtful?

So ... has the author given up on making it all join up together? It's not that huge of an issue if they don't, plotholes schmotholes. But it is making the chapters less enjoyable as all this plays out in the back of my mind.

100% agree, I will always enjoy the series and new chapters, but there's a few inconsistencies that pop up that make me think it over and so I end up enjoying the chapters a bit less.

I still hold up hope that the author will explain everything in a manner that while it won't explain everything 100%, any "major issue" will be resolved.

On the other hand, please give me tons more of smug/proud Evie showing off her Elsa!

joined Mar 16, 2023

I wonder if this whole past thing was planned from the start. It seemed like some seeds were dropped about it, mainly Elsa having a memory of the kiss and so probably all the rest of this happening and thats probably the reason she started following Evie around. But I went back to read some of the start and while that could still be the case it might not be...but thinking again it still fits in I think? Which helps explain Elsa following her around in the first place

I'm wondering this as well. I was fully on board with the "this was always how things happened" train, which by all means there's evidence of (Elsa remembering a promise between them, how "aggressive" she pursues Evie while kinda making it seem that it's what Evie also wanted, the bracelet warning Evie to not tell Elsa her name), but this chapter makes me think that some things have indeed changed or at least are not coherent anymore. Sure Elsa might not remember Evie's first name, but by the end of the chapter, Elsa's determination to be with Evie is starting to take shape, and so she knows who "Lady Smollet" is, couldn't she figure it out it was Evie when they meet up again years later?

Someone already mentioned some sort of memory wipe, and yeah that could work, but it'd have to be some sort of very specific memory wipe? Idk, it's confusing lol.

They're still super cute together and I can't get enough!

joined Mar 16, 2023

I think in the original timeline, Yvonne and Elsa never met as children, but in the first alternate timeline, from which Future Else we know hails, they met only briefly: effectively, only this scene has occurred, after which that timeline's Future Yvonne got a hold of herself and left Elsa wondering who that strange blonde was. Right now, Isekai'd Yvonne is creating a second alternate timeline, where her interactions with Elsa were much more extensive.

I read the manhua all over again and in chapter 57, Elsa is talking about having her first kiss and making a promise with someone when they were kids but she was kind of disappointed that Yvonne didn’t remember. So we know that in the first alternate timeline, they did meet when they were kids and seemed pretty close but it wasn’t the Yvonne that was isekai’d because she didn’t know all of the villainess’ childhood.

Could it be that for Evie, she doesn't remember because for the isekai'd Evie, it hasn't happened to her yet, even if technically this happened "in her childhood" due to how time travel is being handled. The ring future Elsa gave Evie is supposed to warn her if she's messing up the timeline too much, as it happened when Evie almost told Elsa her name, so that never happened. I do agree that Elsa's first kiss is with kid Evie and they made their promise (something like "let's marry when we're older"), and my theory is that this is the change that Evie will make that will alter the timeline, a new promise made between them.

joined Mar 16, 2023

@Kundara yeah the time travel was unnecessary imo if she isn't changing anything, and adds a bit of baggage that I'm not sold on to boot

If she didn't time travel, everything we've seen until now would not exist and we would be in the standard game story with Elsa instead going for one of the original love interests. She does not change anything of the past we've seen, yes, but the changes to the original game storyline are significant.

Meh, I can't say I agree with everyone who makes this claim 100%.
If Evie had to go back to the past to make sure that she could go back to the variation timeline she was in, then they wouldn't have been in a predicament which needed to be "fixed" by Evie going back in time. She was actually supposed to change something, not just play out the parts of her life she couldn't remember.

Time travel is always a whacky ride, and I don't think criticisms of it thus far are valid, but at the same time invalid. Time travel plots get wrapped up at the end, and everything will never be tied into a neat bow because of how different people think about time travel. As long as the author stays true to the rules they established, then what happened in the time travel is correct and valid. Complaining about assumed time travel plotholes is useless because ... time travel doesn't exist. There are a lot of ways it may play out in fiction, not all of them perfect, you just have to go with it in order for the storyline to exist at all... A bit like time travel in itself, actually.

I think so far there hasn't been something that had made thos specific time travel "incorrect". So far, Evie is doing what she's supposed to do in order to get to the point where she was before she time traveled. I agree that something has to change, but it's not something we've seen yet. With the hints we've gotten from previous chapters and how these last ones have been handled, we can pretty much assume which "type" of time travel were dealing with.

I initially thought the time travel would be to something more "recent" and we'd still see Teen Evie, but since we're seeing kid Evie, my theory is that the thing that will change is the promise between them that has been referenced before.

joined Mar 16, 2023

That's because this incident didn't happen the first time around. That's the whole reason Yvonne was sent back. To plant additional flags. And despite the context changing, this won't significantly alter the events of the future (our present).

That is entirely not true, there's been enough foreshadowing for exactly this having happened, especially with the hints that there were events Evie didn't remember, which we now know is because at this time - which we are currently witnessing - time traveling Evie was borrowing her body.

This is what I believe as well. That the time travel affects those Evie interacted with in the past, in the sense that those events did happen for them at that time, but Evie is just now experiencing them "for the first time". This will eventually lead to that promise that's been mentioned by Elsa before, and it'll be when Evie "remembers" that promise because for her, it'll be the first time she's making it.

joined Mar 16, 2023

Assuming this is how things were always supposed to happen (time wise), I wonder what's gonna prompt Evie to leave Elsa at the orphanage? As things stand now, I'd see no situation where Evie would want to separate from Elsa. Also, maybe this is a popular idea/theory, but now I believe the promise they made to each other will revolve around that eventual separation, with them promising to "marry each other" once they're grown up.

joined Mar 16, 2023

Chinatsu is the 2nd best by far I say I say

Chinatsu and Nakano seem to be the only ones seriously interested in Miyako. The other ones just want fun no-stringsies sex.

The main difference between them is that while I can see what's going on with Nakano (she's fallen in love, maybe for the first time in her life, and has trouble processing it) I don't understand Chinatsu's angle at all. She seems to be aware of her feelings -- as Miyako points out, she said "I love you" dozens of times during their tryst -- but she appears satisfied with the situation as it is and doesn't look like she wants to change anything. At this point of things, shouldn't she be proposing seriously to Miyako?

I can see this, I think those 2 really feel something deep for Miyako, the others just wanna have a ride on the sex wagon!!!

As to why she won't confess properly...I also wonder, maybe since Miyako is now into sex work she won't want or be able to have a girlfriend?

Well she seems to have been in love with her for a while now. She's also the one who most likely knows Miyako the best and perhaps knows Miyako wouldn't accept her feelings (for now at the very least). Whereas it be because Miyako is so money-driven and wouldn't even entertain the idea of a relationship or perhaps due to Miyako's innocence/ignorance when it comes to that area (and sex as well).

Hopefully both her and Nakano keep developing ad characters and get closer to Miyako!

KaichiStrife
joined Mar 16, 2023

Any info on when this will continue?

Also here wondering the same... Really miss this series

KaichiStrife
joined Mar 16, 2023

Kase's actions need to start reflecting her words at some point... I mean she's already way late on that front but come on!

I did enjoy Yamada's growth and attitude throughout the chapter, the fact she still felt guilty for having those feelings shows to me how much work they both need to put into their relationship (Kase in particular). The fact that even after this chapter Kase doesn't see what she did/is doing is wrong is baffling...

I wouldn't be opposed to Kase and Yamada breaking up for a while, a scenario that can be derived from Kase losing the race, willing to stay in the dorms and Yamada just reaching her boiling point (maybe by a subsequent action by Fukami after the race is finished) and breaking up with Kase. We've seen how Kase initially reacts when she thinks Yamada has or will break up with her (she stays away until she gets enough courage to face Yamada). Have them be apart for the rest of university and reconnect afterwards in their hometown, after all there was that tidbit about Kase potentially going back after uni for work and I could see Yamada doing the same, as it's her comfort zone. Then they can have their relationship which I pray and hope that by that time Kase has matured... A LOT

KaichiStrife
joined Mar 16, 2023

Kase's actions need to start reflecting her words at some point... I mean she's already way late on that front but come on!

I did enjoy Yamada's growth and attitude throughout the chapter, the fact she still felt guilty for having those feelings shows to me how much work they both need to put into their relationship (Kase in particular). The fact that even after this chapter Kase doesn't see what she did/is doing is wrong is baffling...

I wouldn't be opposed to Kase and Yamada breaking up for a while, a scenario that can be derived from Kase losing the race, willing to stay in the dorms and Yamada just reaching her boiling point (maybe by a subsequent action by Fukami after the race is finished) and breaking up with Kase. We've seen how Kase initially reacts when she thinks Yamada has or will break up with her (she stays away until she gets enough courage to face Yamada). Have them be apart for the rest of university and reconnect afterwards in their hometown, after all there was that tidbit about Kase potentially going back after uni for work and I could see Yamada doing the same, as it's her comfort zone. Then they can have their relationship which I pray and hope that by that time Kase has matured... A LOT