Forum › Posts by Dariofer

Dariofer
joined May 2, 2019

Kase owes a big fat apology to Yamada due to her behavior and regardless of any apology they still lost the perfect apartment Yamada had found. All of that for absolutely no reason!

The bet was never an issue in the first place, Kase clearly hand-waved away the previous bet of "If I win you'll stay" and reframed it to "If you win I'll tell you why I'm leaving". It's almost worse now, because there's literally NO reason why they had to postpone moving to a new place!

Like, Kase could've moved away from her dorm and THEN she could've done the bet with Fukami. "Of you win I'll tell why I MOVED"

Moved. Past tense. Because it already happened.

Honestly, there's no "fixing" this. It's not the end of the world but it's a silly blunder. Let's just hope we can move on from it as fast as possible.

Dariofer
joined May 2, 2019

^ Agree with all this, except I think the problem has nothing to do with any in-story qualities of the characters (that is, which imaginary person is most to blame) but is just a complete fuck-up by the writer who has introduced a storyline that makes an incoherent hash out of the characters and their established priorities and motivations.

Yes, I totally agree with you. The characters themselves are "blameless" (I think it's a given, after all it's not like they have free will or anything) and of course it's the author's fault if they're "acting" like idiots.

Like, Kase's senpai isn't an asshole usually, so it's 100% out of character for her to act like that.

The thing is, this could've been an interesting side-arc about Fukami if things played out normally:
- Fukami declares her love and asks Kase to stay
- Kase says she's been dating Yamada for more than a year and she's leaving.the dorm to live with her
- Fukami has to deal with her feelings and the loss of her room mate
- Maybe throw in a new character? Maybe the blonde girl (the one that's always saying she's Kase's rival, I forget her name right now) becomes Fukami new room mate? Maybe they're all ultra-gay and they fall in love?

I dunno, It could've been a nice side plot to explore without turning it into a high-stake drama clusterfuck.

Dariofer
joined May 2, 2019

Tl;dr What the hell has happened in the last three chapters? It's a mess

I'm finally caught up with the story. 99% of the manga has been fluffy and lighthearted and most of the discussions that took place here in the comments felt kinda over-exagerated to me. Yeah there were some minor hiccups here and there and it was a bit annoying to see Kase and Yamada "fight" because of misunderstanding and miscommunication, but it was never that big of a problem because it was always something that could be easily resolved without really breaking your suspension of disbelief and you could always be 100% sure that they would kiss, make up and keep going without any unnecessary angst.

This time it's different. I'm happy to see that basically everyone agrees on this. The last three chapters have been one huge, prolonged trainwreck. My only thought the whole time was simply "bruh".

I don't get it, the only logic explanation that comes to mind is that Kase and Yamada moving in together is the end game, because once you're living 24/7 with someone there's very little room for miscommunication and misunderstandings (which so far have been the major "drama generators" of the story), thus once we reach the end game no more drama can happen the story will simply end.

So, in order to avoid the end and prolong the story just a little bit the author has thrown in this weirdly contrived plot point. I can't come up with a different explanation.

Yamada should've been furious. Yeah she was mad and depressed about this whole thing, but it's because "Kase I'm actually jealous of this girl you barely know" instead of "Kase what the fuck are you doing? You've been talking about moving in together for months, even when I was still on the fence about it and now that I've made up my mind and literally found a nice place you do this?!?"

Kase could've ended all of this by saying "I'm moving in with my partner" and she wouldn't even have to explain that she's gay. Surely her room mate would understand that Kase can't love her back and that her "war" was already lost before it even started. Also, Kase understands that she messed up and that she upset Yamada, but still struggles to understand why Yamada suddenly started crying about it? Like, really? Bruh

Kase's senpai is an asshole because she knows basically everything about Kase's situation (about her and Yamada) and instead of stepping in and using her authority over the other girls to smooth things over she just eggs them on and escalates everything. She knows that Kase and Yamada had issues over stupid things in the past, why is she stirring shit up now?

Weirdly enough, Fukami is the one with least blame in my eyes. She COULD put two and two together and realize that Kase is moving in with her lover, but Kase talked about a generic "friend" and Fukami clearly wasn't thinking with her brain when she challenged Kase to a race. Also, once again, it's up to Kase to put her foot down and explain the situation, you can't blame Fukami for expressing her feelings and asking Kase to stay, Kase could've just said "No, it's too late to back out now". For all she knows Kase might decide to break up with her partner and stay with her.

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 12:10PM

joined May 2, 2019

I had forgotten about this story, so when I stumbled upon it I decided to read it not knowing that it was actually my second time reading it. Halfway through I started thinking "Hey wait a second this sounds very familiar" so I went to check the commenti section and, lo and behold, I found my own comment from 2021 in the second to last page of the comment section. I think it's my only comment on this site? I may have created my account just to leave that comment. I don't really remember at this point.

I may have forgotten about this story but my thoughts about it haven't really changed in the past two years. My old comment still perfectly sums up my feelings about all of this.

So once again I'm here, writing from the "future", in this quiet comment section and once again, just like two years ago, I want to say "thank you" to everyone involved in the comment war that took place here. Reading all the awful takes one after another has been a truly incredible experience, really elevated the story from a decent, somewhat cliché, manga to a 10 out of 10 masterpiece.

I don't think I'll forget about this story once again and re-read it a third time so this is probably the last time I'll be commenting here.

To whoever is reading this, I hope you enjoy this manga and its comment section. If you also read through the comment section and enjoyed it as much as I have then I salute you for we are kindred spirits

Though you might be reading this many years from now from a place that is far away from me, the "red thread of cringe" connects us.

Dariofer
joined May 2, 2019

I don't understand why people get mad with Kaoru. Like, I understand not liking a character, but it's not like she's in "control" of what she's doing. It's the author who writes her like that xD. But I understand that it's better to be mad at a fictional character rather than the author lol.
Anyway, every time you see someone doing something dumb or bad please keep in mind that all the characters depicted are 17 years old at most I think. You shouldn't expect high levels of emotional maturity (or maturity in general). At that age, or younger than that age, people who act responsibly and maturely are the exception not the rule.

That being said, of course I also want to see Kaoru become a better person, it's not fun to read about someone being an asshole to people who don't deserve it. I'd like to see her struggle and make an actual effort to improve. You know, character development and all that stff

joined May 2, 2019

I found out about this today and decided to read it in one sitting since it was pretty short.
It's been a year since the last chapter was posted (a year and a week to be precise) and the comment section has been, understandably, quiet.
I come here today, one year from the "future" just to say "thank you" to everyone involved in this comment section. The manga was pretty nice but the real gem in the rough were the comments. I read all of them and it's been glorious.
I don't think I've ever seen so many bad takes one after another in a single comment section, let alone a single reply chain between two people. You turned my night of binge reading into a truly majestic experience.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 4:42AM

Dariofer
joined May 2, 2019

Honoka feeding Elisha was so cute. They're the best couple

last edited at May 2, 2019 5:43AM