Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

elusivebutthole
001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

In reading the recent chapters, and being disappointed with them, I've been trying to figure out what, exactly, it is that's bothering me. and I think in this chapter I've worked it out.
In most of this story, things have happened in every chapter. Even if our MC and love interest are just thinking, they're thinking and they're making decisions and make at least one move per chapter. The recent chapters have been ... just talking about things. Talking about how old she is, talking about her engagement, talking about sword training and going on ... some kind of boot camp. It's all set-up in a way that this story hasn't been thus far. We jumped straight into the main story from the first chapter, and then filled in some flashbacks and such, but there's always been something moving. Now where the story is at is, we have to explain everything, and we've really just come to a standstill.

I reckon that would have been sorted if Evie had memories of this time at all, it would have been a shortcut (actually, she should remember things about her maid, her parents, her fiance, and such without having to slow down and explain them to us anyway). It kind of feels like in my own stories when I hit some writer's block, and I'm trying to get to the next plot point, so I painstakingly explain everything, spinning the wheels manually until they catch some friction and it starts to move again. One of the major downsides of episodic writing, really, and I hope something actually happens soon.

personally i just thought the arc at the orphanage was really boring

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Smol Evie ohh so cute
Smol Elsa, oh my god! TOO QT

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 7:21AM

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

personally i just thought the arc at the orphanage was really boring

Yeah I agree with that. Not boring (it was still cute and a purposeful reprieve/lulling of the audience and characters) but if I had to say anything was "spinning the wheels" that would be it. This seems like we're back on track dealing with the plot of the system, memory loss and Elsa issues (she's already back in the story).

BTW: Did we know that Elsa came from such a barren background before? Maybe I forgot that?

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 9:12AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

No giving up on her girl now.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Loli power shall see her through!

GRAB THAT SWORD AND SEIZE THE FUTURE!

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

it's a shame what's happening to this series

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I don't understand the complains. A flashback arc using time travel as plot device is just fine. It's not like anything will change between Evy and Elsa. This arc's actual purpose is to learn about Evy and Elsa's past. Remember that it was foreshadowed since way back that they had met as kids and Evy just couldn't remember? Now we're getting to see that.

I see no problems with this.

joined Sep 10, 2022

I don't understand the complains. A flashback arc using time travel as plot device is just fine. It's not like anything will change between Evy and Elsa. This arc's actual purpose is to learn about Evy and Elsa's past. Remember that it was foreshadowed since way back that they had met as kids and Evy just couldn't remember? Now we're getting to see that.

I see no problems with this.

It's the age old battle.

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 12:11PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Series: does a lot of fluff
Ppl: "ugh I wish smth was happening in this plot"
Series: does literally anything that's not fluff
The same fckng ppl: "why's there suddenly stuff happening, where's my fluff"
Series:

joined Sep 10, 2022

Series:

It's (mostly) different pockets of people. But that gif was actually hilariously placed! I had to comment on that one lol.

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 4:33PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Sorry, where was this happening? I think you're reading a different comment section than me.
I've seen the "woe is everything, I only see doom in the future of this story because now there's time travel", but haven't seen either 'too much fluff' or 'not enough fluff' comments?

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I was ready to throw this in the trash and just write it off as a dumb decision, and keep this in my reading list for those junk food days.

Then I realized what they're doing and what direction this is going in and now I'm even more on board.

ALEXA. PLAY "HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO." MAX. VOLUME.

last edited at Mar 21, 2023 3:54AM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I wanna see the flashback, that's cool. However, considering what future Elsa told Yvonne she apparently has to do something in the past to prevent the wolf demon attack.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I was ready to throw this in the trash and just write it off as a dumb decision, and keep this in my reading list for those junk food days.

Then I realized what they're doing and what direction this is going in and now I'm even more on board.

Same here

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Same here

and what's that?

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

I hate today...

20230310_205849
joined Jul 22, 2022

I hate today...

I feel you

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I dunno, guys, something is off with today's chapter. Maybe the pages are out of order? I am not quite sure.

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

"piss chapter"? what is this, onimai?

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

so was this a joke published by the tl team or does this originally come from the actual author? i need to know. if it comes from the author im going to vomit rainbows (positive)

also obligatory

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 5:12AM

Rsz_3inshot_20230212_001112125
joined Jun 20, 2013

You gotcha love 1st April xd

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

happy april fools, to all.

elusivebutthole
001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

I dunno, guys, something is off with today's chapter. Maybe the pages are out of order? I am not quite sure.

i don't think so, might just be a you problem
looks completely normal to me

joined Oct 21, 2020

Why is everyone mad about the new release chapter

joined Oct 21, 2020

Why is everyone mad about the new release chapter

I was literally bursting of laugh lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.