Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

By the way, the isekai motif of a guy being transported to another world has been done way too many times in chinese's web novels, even before the flood of isekai anime.
So now the isekai character usually belongs to that world but has forgotten about it, so there's a reason for their isekai instead of "it just works".
I won't be surprised if this is the case with Yvonne.

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

We're going to go through the entire backstory and then the entire main story, again, in order, just you watch. This way, there can be more bullying, like in the title.

I mean probably less bullying actually since the plan was to do something about the villainess system(?)

last edited at Mar 9, 2023 9:38PM

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

You set yourself up with that one Yvonne...now the prince is gonna turn the charm on Elsa at first sight!

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I want to see more of that lady huskarl. Love a lady in war plate.

I hope Evie offers to join the prince on his exposition so this could happen

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I want to see more of that lady huskarl. Love a lady in war plate.

I hope Evie offers to join the prince on his exposition so this could happen

She definitely will, everything points to this leading to her first "forgotten" meeting with Elsa.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Having caught up on the past dozen or so chapters all in one go, I'm legitimately conflicted on this. On one hand, the time travel has been kinda hinted toward for a while now, so it's not like it's completely out of the blue, and it does make sense as a way to try to both expand on previously glossed-over worldbuilding and more directly tackle some of the overall issues that have been around from the start, that their confession alone clearly couldn't. Plus, like, after a while of sitting around in this town being even more useless lesbians than usual, this is at least an interesting change of pace as well.

On the other hand, it does still not feel great to me to have it A: Come basically immediately after that confession and basically temporarily undo that progress for anywhere between the next arc to like, a solid chunk of the overall story, and B: tied to this one specific event that DID come out of nowhere and feels just kinda arbitrary and forced. Like I said above, I can assume this is probably going to lead into dealing with bigger stuff than just that? But without knowing for sure, it does come across a little bit like another, increasingly hackneyed way to dodge certain stuff in the relationship development itself and extend the conflict with another tangent, when this whole past arc has itself felt like a huge tangent.

Ultimately, I don't wanna be too critical, especially since we are just starting this new arc/phase, so it's hard to accurately tell where this is going in the long run. I'll still be reading, at any rate, but with lowered expectations until the shape of things comes into better focus.

All that aside...
The grey-haired maid gal, Linda? She's really really pretty, and I hope we see more of her, both in the past and possibly the present. The amount of panels focusing on her reactions to Evie's behavior makes me hopeful.

last edited at Mar 13, 2023 11:06AM

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Just catching back up and: wow that's a lot of dog killing.

The time travel arc to detail more about the fundamental mechanics of the world and plot leading into a finale immediately struck me as a very "Chinese transmigration romance web novel type" of development. Which I'm sure makes zero sense to people who aren't as Mediocre Fiction-pilled.

last edited at Mar 14, 2023 1:36AM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah totally, I think the time travel idea isn't bad at all its just the timing and the immediate lead up to it that I found jaring too. I think time travel stories can be really interesting in making you question certain things. I'd really like Elsa to not be as interested in Yvone this time around and see how Yvone deals with that. I don't know but I really want to see something truly dramatic and conflicting.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah totally, I think the time travel idea isn't bad at all its just the timing and the immediate lead up to it that I found jaring too. I think time travel stories can be really interesting in making you question certain things. I'd really like Elsa to not be as interested in Yvone this time around and see how Yvone deals with that. I don't know but I really want to see something truly dramatic and conflicting.

I have no idea why so many for some reason expect this to result in some big upheaval in their relationship status when the repeated mentions of Evie's "forgotten" memories of what will most likely follow now clearly point toward the current situation already being the result of this time travel.

joined Aug 8, 2021

"Elsa is my heroine" awww

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Yeah if anything it's just closing the time loop

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, and adults in the room can chalk up everything to kids being kids, but surely next question in the conversation would be about who it is that Evie wants to protect... and she would have to answer that it's this girl she didn't meet yet? :P

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Huh, I think I expected this time travel bit to be shorter than the vibe I'm getting now, but Smol Evie is still cute. I like how she's taking charge of her own destiny even as a tiny kid.

joined Aug 11, 2022

....Everyone is freaking out over nothing again huh?...can you guys Read chapter 61 again. Future Elsa already explain what Evie does in the past won't change the present too much [unless she does something major and critical]. So their relationship will stay mostly the same and just affect the future, Evie is still going to fall asleep and miss date then kiss Elsa...So unless Evie kill someones important or cause massive inflation then things are fine. She is just going to affect things slightly to stop the infinite demon spawning portal and she will return back to the same(...mostly the same) present timeline. Evie worried about this too and worried about losing her version of Elsa...but future Elsa reassure her that is not going to happen [unless she does something big and critical like kill the king or make a magic nuke XD]

If you guys just do not like time--travel or time loops...then I understand your complaints...I guess?

1).
Prince helping Evie due to their promise [Which I thought the prince was helping Evie out only due to This Evie not being Evil and Elsa getting relationship point with him which was actually wrong...>Don't remember exact chapter but Evie was wondering why the prince/her former fiancee is helping her with exile incident]
2.)
The Demon Nun (Chapter 42)- hinting about her incomplete memories. (Evie thinks her father is solely responsible for funding the orphanage instead herself playing a role in the funding.)
3.)
Evie is hinting that wasn't their first kiss (Evie freaking out due to thinking Elsa kiss someone before her...ironically this would be their 2nd kiss..)
You know the more important thing is the fact isekai future Evie is going to get her 1st kiss now from kid Elsa lol...we know Evie is not the one going for the kiss and Elsa will be the one to initiate the for kiss her knight/Lady in shinning armor for saving her [FBI OPEN UP MEME!!!..wait but they are both kids now so...technical issues bah lol!] XD

The more important question is...this would be either the 2nd or 3rd time loop for Evie even if Evie does not know it...because Evie would have to affect the past life before hand due to all the other character hinting stuff...either that or Future Elsa made Evie meet her past self and helped events go in their directions but then that would not explain Evie not remembering meeting Elsa. So this would be either the 2nd or 3rd time loop (Evie already had a previous 1st time loop [my theory at least]...which I do not know the exact reason why...maybe past-future Evie at the time had to do it to try to save Elsa).

Kind of like how in Date-A live Shindo actually had 3 time loops instead of 2 time loop (We only see two loops, which is the 1st and 3rd loop...the 2nd loop would be the past-future him going back to the present to tell time-spirit girl to tell past him still on loop 1st to find the past time-spirit girl to get another chance of redo time-loop....yeah...time paradox and time loops are fking annoying...you got to find the extra or hidden time loops that affected your current timeline...)

last edited at Mar 19, 2023 10:24PM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

You know the more important thing is the fact isekai future Evie is going to get her 1st kiss now from kid Elsa lol...we know Evie is not the one going for the kiss and Elsa will be the one to initiate the for kiss her knight/Lady in shinning armor for saving her.

Yeah that's certainly on the way, as you say. I've loved this opportunity to flesh out the world more through these events. As you say we already know the "ending," so we're being told to focus on the journey. I'm interested in what other new events or characters we might meet on the way though. Whatever it is, we'll likely get some new information that will help things back in the present. We could be here for a bit. This whole thing is reinforcing her love and forcing her to be active in a serious way.

last edited at Mar 19, 2023 10:28PM

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

well aint this just a sweet lil thang

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Huh, I think I expected this time travel bit to be shorter than the vibe I'm getting now, but Smol Evie is still cute. I like how she's taking charge of her own destiny even as a tiny kid.

I've been trying to put my finger on why I'm finding current events to be kinda weird and I think this is it. It seems to be shaping up to be a major story arc on its own when I initially thought it was going to be one piece of a major story arc. After so much time watching Elsa and Yvonne together, it's odd to see Yvonne alone for so long.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

TINY ELSA <3<3<3<3

BABY., CHILD

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Future Elsa sent Evie so far back in time she single handedly changed the genre to slow burn.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

We already know how this will go. I just hope it's a red herring and things don't actually go as planned. As you've said everything has been told in the story so wouldn't it be interesting to have something unexpted happen? What if Yvonne can't kiss Elsa but something else happens? In any case how is Yvonne supposed to go back to her current time?
Maybe she grows up in this timeline now and they fall in love again buy differently.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

god they are soooo cute at kids. I can't wait for them to meet

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

In a way, all these isekai-into-a-story-you-have-read stories are in effect time travel stories already. So I guess it's "Hey, I heard you like time travel! Here, I put time travel on your time travel so you can . . ."

joined Aug 11, 2022

In any case how is Yvonne supposed to go back to her current time?
Maybe she grows up in this timeline now and they fall in love again buy differently.

...umm once again pointing at ch.61 reference XD...Evie can go back to the present timeline by the ring(time ring???) that future Elsa gave her before she was send back to the past as a kid...though I have no idea if kid Evie still has the ring or not...Travel time is weird. [you can see the ring on her finger in ch.62...is the ring invisible?]

I mean technically Evie can choose not to use the time ring and just prepare for stuff and live normally till she gets back to the original timeline but I doubt it [not using the ring might be the smarter choice since more years to prepare for the future but then again this means messing up the present timeline]...she will probably use it after solving the issues after a few weeks of being in the past....

This is also why I should not be given the chance to time travel or have time travel powers...since I probably would mess up by trying to remember the stock-market and which company to bet on for massive profits$$ lol...which would probably fk up the timeline a bit XD >>> wait this is a medieval fantasy world...there is no stock market!!...umm invest in the companies that would make it big I guess then!!

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 4:50AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

In reading the recent chapters, and being disappointed with them, I've been trying to figure out what, exactly, it is that's bothering me. and I think in this chapter I've worked it out.
In most of this story, things have happened in every chapter. Even if our MC and love interest are just thinking, they're thinking and they're making decisions and make at least one move per chapter. The recent chapters have been ... just talking about things. Talking about how old she is, talking about her engagement, talking about sword training and going on ... some kind of boot camp. It's all set-up in a way that this story hasn't been thus far. We jumped straight into the main story from the first chapter, and then filled in some flashbacks and such, but there's always been something moving. Now where the story is at is, we have to explain everything, and we've really just come to a standstill.

I reckon that would have been sorted if Evie had memories of this time at all, it would have been a shortcut (actually, she should remember things about her maid, her parents, her fiance, and such without having to slow down and explain them to us anyway). It kind of feels like in my own stories when I hit some writer's block, and I'm trying to get to the next plot point, so I painstakingly explain everything, spinning the wheels manually until they catch some friction and it starts to move again. One of the major downsides of episodic writing, really, and I hope something actually happens soon.

elusivebutthole
001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

In reading the recent chapters, and being disappointed with them, I've been trying to figure out what, exactly, it is that's bothering me. and I think in this chapter I've worked it out.
In most of this story, things have happened in every chapter. Even if our MC and love interest are just thinking, they're thinking and they're making decisions and make at least one move per chapter. The recent chapters have been ... just talking about things. Talking about how old she is, talking about her engagement, talking about sword training and going on ... some kind of boot camp. It's all set-up in a way that this story hasn't been thus far. We jumped straight into the main story from the first chapter, and then filled in some flashbacks and such, but there's always been something moving. Now where the story is at is, we have to explain everything, and we've really just come to a standstill.

I reckon that would have been sorted if Evie had memories of this time at all, it would have been a shortcut (actually, she should remember things about her maid, her parents, her fiance, and such without having to slow down and explain them to us anyway). It kind of feels like in my own stories when I hit some writer's block, and I'm trying to get to the next plot point, so I painstakingly explain everything, spinning the wheels manually until they catch some friction and it starts to move again. One of the major downsides of episodic writing, really, and I hope something actually happens soon.

personally i just thought the arc at the orphanage was really boring

To reply you must either login or sign up.