Forum › Hanamonogatari discussion

joined Nov 21, 2022

Interestingly enough, I met my elderly boss' "life partner" today. And that woman isn't my boss' husband, who's in a home.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww. Really nice.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

nobody else mentioned this, but I wonder if he was gay

between him commenting on the guy as being very handsome and her mentioning that he often looked a bit sad

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

between him commenting on the guy as being very handsome and her mentioning that he often looked a bit sad

I had the same thought. The sadness and staring at guys, plus the crabbiness and wanting to tag along to things (grocery store) that he didn't seem to like... had to get his eye candy in.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

She's bonding with her granddaughter over fashion and being gay... that's so cute...

Edit: Also yeah the hubby definitely liked guys. The author does a lot of BL too

last edited at Mar 21, 2023 12:32AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Feels to me way more like the hubby was just sad because he couldn't really make his wife happy / she always seemed vaguely disinterested etc.

__minamoto_chikaru_strawberry_panic_drawn_by_takashina_asahi__abe92d9e0ddce264552d5caa2b8929cc
joined May 13, 2018

I didn’t not expect to see something like this for a yuri plot but I’m loving it so far. I think the part that really stood out to me was when the MC was feeling bad about her wrinkles and Yoshiko hyped her up and boosted her confidence, as well as how supportive the MC’s granddaughter is.

As some of the past few users have theorized, I also wonder if the husband was gay but due to the times had to pretend to be straight and perhaps that explains a good portion on the disconnect between him and the MC as well as how he only noticed the guy walking by and was seemingly so somber. Can’t wait to read more.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

[...]But it's kinda funny seeing our protagonist go through all the same "kyaa! she noticed me!" thoughts and facial expressions as the typical high school romance characters do.

"High school romance" being a character's first romance, of course she's gonna act like that.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

[...]The series is also very funny to me cause my own grandpa died and left my grandma a widow within 3 days of ch. 1 release.

...lmao?

joined Dec 30, 2018

Love the way this is going

joined Oct 19, 2022

I know another yuri series with an older main character: Korean manhwa Love Thy Neighbor. Google-search for it if you want to try.
The 2 women in the main roles are Doyeon, a 20-something college student, and Jinju, a woman of 40 or 50 who looks even older because she's had a tough life : she's been married for 20+ years to a creep who always made things hard for her and in the end he ran away and left her with a shitload of debt. Jinju loses her apartment and Doyeon, who is her next-door neighbor, lets her stay at her place ; and in this way the setting for yuri is established because, as the title says, this story is about loving thy neighbor!

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

This is gorgeous.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

The way I read it, his sadness is more of a '' I have a hard time connecting with my much younger wife and her silly attitude'' thing. We know he got quite demeaning towards her later in their marriage, telling her to act her age and all that. I could be getting it completely wrong, obviously.

joined Mar 21, 2023

Absolutely in love with this content <3 I hope it continues to provide us with such a wonderful narrative, it's not often we see other ages represented in media and I like seeing these kinds of stories that provide love and insight into other parts of life. The characters are so lovable as well, I just wish them happiness I'll be happy with whatever way that comes! Thank you so much for giving us such wonderful content

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

This is wholesome :3

joined Aug 1, 2022

Love old women loving older women!!! The ageism being shown and eventually demolished is so satisfying, wrinkles are beautiful!

Also i really dont see the husband as hidden gay. I think he was just the average ignorant man who married a younger woman without fully realizing how demanding and hurtful he was being to her. Being closeted doesn't make u a terrible person to others.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Alright so since all my comments got deleted here it goes again. This is super cute, it's great to see stories like these featuring older protagonist; which is quite rare. The relationship between the grandma and the granddaughter is adorable, love to see it. And those three ladies at the end were absolutely adorable as well.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Darn, it's apparently being cancelled due to low sales. Sucks.

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1673371575150690306

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

Darn, it's apparently being cancelled due to low sales. Sucks.

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1673371575150690306

there's no justice on this godforsaken earth ;-;

joined Jan 29, 2021

Please translate more!! This story is so sweet and wholesome :)))

20230114_115044
joined Apr 9, 2023

Due to the lack of support from their editorial team, the author has sadly announced the cancellation of the story which will conclude in July. You can read the news on her Twitter account @ schwann_draw
https://twitter.com/schwinn_draw/status/1673305296717123586?s=19
Since this is my first post on Dynasty idk if there is anyway to gain the forums attention to support the mangaka and story.
Since I love this story so much I'd appreciate if you leave the mangaka a follow or engage with the post in anyway :)

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

I can honestly say I'm gutted about this :(
also has anybody noticed the amount of adult life titles that have been getting cancelled recently?

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

This is truly devastating news :⁠-⁠[ This series is 100% more interesting to me than any of the generic boner comedies and fan servicey high school mangas we get by the hundreds every year. This is such a fun, original premise, I was really looking forward to reading a lot more of it. This is beyond unfair :⁠'⁠(

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I’M PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!! Who can I punch? Any editing departments I can punch around here!?

Tumblr_l_102490692576579
joined Feb 2, 2014

anyone know what happened to the translation of this manga ʕ⁠´⁠•⁠ ⁠ᴥ⁠•̥⁠`⁠ʔ baka updates says there were three volumes, but Yuri Project's site has nothing on what happened to their translation... surely there are many of us who want to read the rest of the chapters! I hope nothing bad happened to the translators.

To reply you must either login or sign up.