Forum › Cinderella Cosplaytion discussion

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Ah, this was a really touching chapter.

I actually cried a little.
Don't let society crush your dreams and turn you into a bitter and cynical thing they call adult.

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Not sure if it's the amount of cuba libre I drank or what, but that felt very touching. I hope they will have lots of fun at the event, let's go!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Wow. Flashbacks of Shoujo Kakumei Utena. Everything was here -- even the memories of the past, dressed in fancy uniforms, coming back to inspire you. Tsukiko chose the dream, no matter how childish or naive, instead of her rotten daily reality. Good for her. It was like watching Anthy choose Utena over Akio, all over again.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Is this love for cosplay a thinly veiled mention to relationships?

She talks about insecurity and about her last cosplay partner "dumping" her and she feeling relived because she wasn't certain there was still love there and if she would ever love again. Then the underage girl says that it doesn't matter if she is a kid and the other is an adult if there is still "love" mentioning her closeted clothes to say she still hopes to find love again. Well, I guess we'll see

joined Jul 21, 2020

The author of Kimi wa Shoujo, doing what she does best. XD

joined Jul 8, 2019

I was listening to TSFH "Compass" right as I was reading chapter 5. Great combo.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

...wait, how did I manage to miss chapter 4?

Wait, what was that about the moon? ^_^

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, a thing of beauty... will never fade away?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So, a thing of beauty... will never fade away?

Dammit, I was drinking...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

luinthoron posted:

Tsukiko means "moon child" ^_^

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Man, that was some of the most heavy-handed "subtext" I've ever seen.
Not that I'm complaining, it's fun. But it's to the point where I'm thinking "Oh, come on, you CANNOT be oblivious to what you just said there!"

last edited at Mar 7, 2023 3:08PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Heavy handed subtext is an understatement haha. However it was really cute and they both looked great. Can't wait for the next one.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

It remains to be seen if this turns out to be a bait ploy.

joined May 10, 2021

Holy crap that was gay! Love it!
On the other hand, them cosplaying together is so damn wholesome, it makes me wonder what kind of drama we'll get.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

luinthoron posted:

Also, one Natsume Sōseki had a thing or two to say about the beauty of the Moon and what you could convey by alluding to it.

Just thought I'd mention it. ^_~

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

luinthoron posted:

Also, one Natsume Sōseki had a thing or two to say about the beauty of the Moon and what you could convey by alluding to it.

Just thought I'd mention it. ^_~

joined Jan 14, 2020

"gather love with you"
"moon is beautiful"

subtle this is not

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Ok, they were totally flirting there.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"gather love with you"
"moon is beautiful"

subtle this is not

Keeping in mind that the author of this is the mangaka of Kimi wa Shoujo, I think we should praise the admirable restraint she has showed by not having Tsukiko bang Hinata silly in the first chapter...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nene posted:

"gather love with you"
"moon is beautiful"

subtle this is not

Keeping in mind that the author of this is the mangaka of Kimi wa Shoujo, I think we should praise the admirable restraint she has showed by not having Tsukiko bang Hinata silly in the first chapter...

I checked the content of the magazine it's in and it doesn't go beyond ecchi, like the sensory maids or "I kissed a succubus".

So I don't think it'll be very explicit.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Damnit, Chiaki Ichihara! Stop cosplaying as Hinata to grope Tsukiko! You are already dating Harumi!

last edited at Mar 29, 2023 4:29PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

if there was any doubt whether this would take a similar direction of Kimi wa Shoujo or Let me hear you moan.... now there's none

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I kept expecting this to be a dream sequence…

joined Jul 8, 2019

I kept expecting it to be a surprise crossover with Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Well... they are

To reply you must either login or sign up.