Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

Damn. Anyway, those keychains go hard.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

It's so refreshing when characters get called out on their bullshit, and while they've let Kaede amble and drag her feet through it, it makes it all the more cathartic that it happened. Keep trusting my dog Ohsawa Yayoi. She knows what she's doing.

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 9:43PM

joined May 10, 2021

That was a damn fine chapter.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

and then somehow be thoughtless enough to choose Koyuki of all people to whine about it to.

To be a little bit fair to her, she didn't choose Koyuki, Koyuki asked her and she answered. Maybe gave too much detail, but Kaede isn't exactly mature about how much info she discloses. What came after that initial explanation was definitely too far though. She could have cut it off way before it got hurtful.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The chapter just felt like a very sudden attempt at a resolution after multiple chapters of stalling - it was supposed to reveal what Kaede is thinking, turns out she doesn't know either. Came out very corny, for a lack of a better word :P I will keep distrusting Ohsawa Yayoi, sorry about that. (Doesn't stop me from enjoying her works, but still).

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Progress it is indeed, and hopefully after all this thinking they'll get to talking next time as well.

And then to making up with Koyuki, they still do need to work together, after all.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

God Kaede is a dumbass for real here. Absolutely needs a slap in the face like Koyuki just gave her.

joined Jun 11, 2021

kaede is kind of driving me insane at this point, it felt pretty good to see koyuki getting mad at her. i have to honestly wonder how she's making all these beautiful women fall in love with her when as far as we see she just annoys the shit out of everyone.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Seeing myself in Kaede and reading those comments feels bad man, but then again I knew it was bad already lol. I kinda like that progress is happening again compared to some chapters a while ago that felt like a drag.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Hakata Woman. Ha!

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

Don’t get the Kaede hate myself, she’s a well written character with likable traits and believable flaws.

last edited at Mar 1, 2023 3:18PM

joined Feb 17, 2018

I reiterate, it's rough reading a slow burn when you don't want the main couple to get together lol. No hate to Kaede we've all got issues but Nanami, girl, you deserve better.

Tbh my heart goes out to Aoi: after the FIRST girl you fell in love with rejects her she moves on and then the SECOND girl she’s interested in turns out to have taken her place going after her first love

so taking advantage of a homophobic society by reaping the benefits of marriage while keeping side pieces around is kind of emotionally mild compared to that

I like to think she married a gay dude and they're both doing that but that's entirely headcannon

joined Feb 17, 2018

kaede is kind of driving me insane at this point, it felt pretty good to see koyuki getting mad at her. i have to honestly wonder how she's making all these beautiful women fall in love with her when as far as we see she just annoys the shit out of everyone.

lmao yeah strained my suspension of disbelief a bit. I wish I was half the lesbian magnet she seems to be

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

Honestly if I was reading a slow burn and didn’t like one half of the main romantic pairing I’d just drop it and read something else instead of sticking around just to be mad and or disappointed that said character has been acting like they always have, I just value my own time more than that lol

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

fantastic chapter, so psyched

Lady Lamperouge
__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

wow, that watch was basically a proposal, wasn't it?

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

wow, that watch was basically a proposal, wasn't it?

Yep, though I think the common saying is two month's salary rather than one month's, but it is also still Kaede. (One month's salary is a hell of lot to pay though)

I'm curious about Kaede's fear of getting into romantic relationships with people that do support her.

last edited at Mar 2, 2023 9:51PM

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

I would have said this manga is so dumb if I haven't met people like Kaede in real life. Having a healthy relationship is damn near impossible.

joined May 10, 2021

Is Kae really thinks buying her "futur girlfriend" a Cartier watch would help her be forgiven being a useless lesbian, she's couldn't be more wrong!
Though it would work with me.
Anyways, feels like Kae making one step forward and three backward every time relationship is the topic... I wonder how it'll be solved. And my words does Nanami have patience. Lots of it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That did not go so well, but at the same time, it looks like we're actually moving towards them getting truly together after Kaede has had the chance to calm down and think a bit more after all.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, this clears things up: Kaede is just an emotionally immature dumbass who either lets her impulses determine her behavior or runs away from them (which is, really, just another impulse to give in to). Nanami, meanwhile, has finally reached zen and realized that mind-reading is not something she can do, so she asked Kaede a direct question and is waiting for a direct answer, whatever it may be, without letting her emotions get the better of her anymore.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Let me touch you in those places you’d never let anyone else touch”—is that what the kids are calling it these days?

But seriously, that’s some nicely direct indirect phrasing for a scene that usually relies on verbal cliches. Well played.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

“Let me touch you in those places you’d never let anyone else touch”—is that what the kids are calling it these days?

But seriously, that’s some nicely direct indirect phrasing for a scene that usually relies on verbal cliches. Well played.

"I love you."

"Awww....I love you too."

"Yeah, but see I mean like the kind of 'I love you' that goes with 'I want to suck on your tits.'"

"O-Oh."

"See because I feel like you were about to do the thing where you pretend I meant as a friend and we already did that several chapters back and nope, that sucks and I hate it."

"Y-Yeah"

". . . I want to suck on your-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" (hides in bedroom)

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Welp, this clears things up: Kaede is just an emotionally immature dumbass who either lets her impulses determine her behavior or runs away from them (which is, really, just another impulse to give in to). Nanami, meanwhile, has finally reached zen and realized that mind-reading is not something she can do, so she asked Kaede a direct question and is waiting for a direct answer, whatever it may be, without letting her emotions get the better of her anymore.

So, this could just be me projecting, but I've long suspected that Kaede comes off like an undiagnosed ADHD kid. She's actually pretty bright and clever, which makes her good at the things she can focus on, and her impulsiveness is both endearing to those around her, because she's clever and funny, but it's also crippling to her financially and socially. She neglects relationships, procrastinates on dealing with issues. Her impulsiveness makes her fun to be around and gives her a great sense of humor, but the lack of a filter also leads to careless comments like the one that set off Koyuki, and eventually people go away because of all these things, and every time that happens, she sees it as a confirmation that it's just not for her. But it CAN be, she just has to be with somebody who understands how she works and is willing to help her manage it.

But its all left her traumatized and afraid of losing somebody that is genuinely indispensable to her, so she's spiraling right now.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

So, this could just be me projecting, but I've long suspected that Kaede comes off like an undiagnosed ADHD kid.

I liked your tit sucking theory more to be honest

To reply you must either login or sign up.