Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm pretty excited to see how they deal with the premise in the future. Future Elsa is obviously aware of this being a game world, since she has been specifically messing with the villain system. How meta are we going to go?

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Cool, future Elsa came from future to send Evie to the past. If everything goes well, Evie herself will create an infinite loop of Elsas and Evies time travelers.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

That answered a lot of questions. Now the big one is what Yvonne does in the past to save the future.

Also, that was all four of the Witch's remaining rings consumed. (And yes, they have actually appeared on her hands consistently as they've been consumed.)

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

That answered a lot of questions. Now the big one is what Yvonne does in the past to save the future.

Also, that was all four of the Witch's remaining rings consumed. (And yes, they have actually appeared on her hands consistently as they've been consumed.)

uh oh i hope she isnt fucked over by that

joined Oct 14, 2016

I'm pretty excited to see how they deal with the premise in the future. Future Elsa is obviously aware of this being a game world, since she has been specifically messing with the villain system. How meta are we going to go?

Also waiting for that explanation how future Elsa know about the Villainess system, like maybe dying Evie from her timeline tell her or something.

Akari-n
joined May 22, 2022

Go Evie! Gotta find that Steins Gate worldline

joined Oct 14, 2016

CALLED IT!!! Everyone doubting the witch to be Elsa feels pretty stupid now huh!!! (I mean this in a playful way)

There's already lots of hints idk why they still doubt especially the hint cooling magic that persons only knows about that magic are Evie and Elsa(Evie then she teach it to Elsa)

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 8:07PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I reaaaally don't like time traveling, too many laws and singularities could occur, the worst one I don't even want to say it because it might ruin the experience for more people lol

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

The author knows this "twist" isn't a surprise to anyone, right? I sure hope so.

I quite like this explanation for time travel, though. It's just enough to let the story function while not having to worry about butterfly effects. Since time travel, ya know, doesn't actually exist, it doesn't have to follow any predetermined ruleset, despite what people occasionally say, so long as the given explanation is logically consistent.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

The author knows this "twist" isn't a surprise to anyone, right? I sure hope so.

......Well now I feel dumb. ):

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I really feel like all of these series fall completely flat when they start getting into the non romance stuff. All the stuff about the demon lord, going to the past, stopping whatever evil, etc is never interesting in these series. Better than the clumsy attempts at social commentary in I Favor The Villainess at least.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

I really feel like all of these series fall completely flat when they start getting into the non romance stuff. All the stuff about the demon lord, going to the past, stopping whatever evil, etc is never interesting in these series. Better than the clumsy attempts at social commentary in I Favor The Villainess at least.

Personally I like when a yuri series has its own plot outside the yuri and want to see more of them. It's actually a big part of why I love I'm in Love with the Villainess, even if it got a little too crazy in the end. The romance-focused stories are fine, but there's only so many ways I can see a couple get together before it begins to get stale.

Pulse%20pic%20cropped
joined Feb 10, 2020

CALLED IT!!! Everyone doubting the witch to be Elsa feels pretty stupid now huh!!! (I mean this in a playful way)

There's already lots of hints idk why they still doubt especially the hint cooling magic that persons only knows about that magic are Evie and Elsa(Evie then she teach it to Elsa)

EXACTLY!!! Called it all the way back then when she saw her using the cooling magic for that exact reason!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Future Elisa has probably gone through harrowing rituals. Her eyes are bounded with ritual tattoos, if not actual thread.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I think most people were on board the hooded figure being future Elsa early on. Opinions started to change when the hooded figure/future Elsa gave Evie a love potion just because it's kinda sus for her to force that interaction. But, welp guess that happened.

I like that they mentioned that they can get to this same present. I dunno though. I kinda liked that Evie messed up during their date. I don't want that to get erased. I'm also interested in finding out what the promise Elsa was talking about though so we'll see~

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Im kinda scared for the future chapters but here goes nothing ig

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Really though, who is even surprised that it was Elsa all along. I knew as soon as I saw the red hair. And what she is specifically trying to save is Evie from death since she is the villainess and the game requires her to get killed. The only question I have outside of what I know the mangaka will expand on - the past, is whether Elsa, as the hero of the story, is the one who ends up killing Evie or at least inadvertently resulting in Evie's death.

joined Oct 14, 2016

i think this is the last time will be seeing future Elsa as she mention in the previous chapter that she'll only be able to use her time magic one last time and as we can see all of her rings are shattered, and F.Elsa mention that the scene where everyone dies is witness by her own eyes so i guess Elsa is a survivor(lone?) Elsa magic is strong so she probably rampage her way out after seeing Evie died then her Witch route happen after that so if Evie changes the monsters onslaught route and saves everyone then witch Elsa future existence will be erased

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

All your theories are very interesting. My take from this chapter is tho, future Elsa is pwettyyyy!!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, a lot of theories just got confirmed. :-) My next pet theory: The "villainess system" is not a villainess system at all, it's just the narrative engine of the game trying to resist Future!Elsa's tampering. The Reincarnated!Evie has been living in the tampered timeline from the start of the series, and we are only now getting the explanation of how the tampering that hacked a villainess route into the game that previously had none occurred in the first place. The original, untampered Elsa glitched out, fell in love with Evie, but when she died in a demon attack, Elsa went on a quest to obtain the Rings of Time and whatever weird shit happened to her irises, with enabled her to go back in the narrative and to interact with Evie, whom she has now sent even further back in the story, presumably to Elsa's own childhood, to set up a time loop where the villainess route not only exists, but can also progress past the demon attack event. In other words, this is actually the second time loop Future!Elsa facilitates: the first one created the villainess route, and the current one makes sure said route doesn't dead-end here. Maybe Current!Evie got reincarnated in the first place because it only became possible after the first loop?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

and whatever weird shit happened to her irises

Also her hair? I spent forever staring at those diamonds in it trying to work out what kind of effect it was.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Gasp
The red haired girl is the red haired girl.

joined Aug 29, 2016

So, a lot of theories just got confirmed. :-) My next pet theory: The "villainess system" is not a villainess system at all, it's just the narrative engine of the game trying to resist Future!Elsa's tampering. The Reincarnated!Evie has been living in the tampered timeline from the start of the series, and we are only now getting the explanation of how the tampering that hacked a villainess route into the game that previously had none occurred in the first place. The original, untampered Elsa glitched out, fell in love with Evie, but when she died in a demon attack, Elsa went on a quest to obtain the Rings of Time and whatever weird shit happened to her irises, with enabled her to go back in the narrative and to interact with Evie, whom she has now sent even further back in the story, presumably to Elsa's own childhood, to set up a time loop where the villainess route not only exists, but can also progress past the demon attack event. In other words, this is actually the second time loop Future!Elsa facilitates: the first one created the villainess route, and the current one makes sure said route doesn't dead-end here. Maybe Current!Evie got reincarnated in the first place because it only became possible after the first loop?

This does make quite a lot of sense, and I reread some other comments before this one too.
But I just figured that a time traveling Elsa, who was previously a heroine in this game world, somehow learned about the villain system that's been haunting Yvonne and forcing her to do things she doesn't want to do. Of course in the original otome game, Yvonne is screwed either way and is always either murdered or attacked and killed when exiled. We know that the player (heroine) can have options but no one but the reincarnated Evie had to ever see the villain system. Whether or not the system was created against Future Elsa, there is a route/glitch as you say where of course Elsa falls in love with Evie in her own way, before the reincarnated mind is self aware. I just figured Elsa had to turn herself into some sort of villain in order to also see the system. They're both bound from speaking of it, but I figured even this time travel is just a different route, where the Time Travel is part of the plot and Future Elsa is the villain all along.

In normal circumstances, the default villain is always mean. Only when I guess masochist Elsa comes to love Yvonne (lol) does this whole time travel thing begin with our reincarnated girl here. And clearly we can see that the self aware isekai girl is still the "villain", but she can choose to be nice. Just like how if Witch Elsa is supposed to be "evil" but still doing this out of love for Evie, I'm sure we may find out that Witch Future Elsa may have done some horrible things to become the villain or take on and share part of the villainess system burdens.

joined Dec 3, 2017

hooray finally.... this was what i was waiting for....

YuriOverdoseVictim
13821eeb-5210-41e8-bb9a-730437b15163
joined Mar 31, 2021

So excited for next chapter, this is gonna be crazy >:)

To reply you must either login or sign up.