Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Just wait until grandma over there is like "my husband and met during the same situation. He was 19 and I was 27, hehe"

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Hehe.

Is seniority really such a big deal in China, even today?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Just wait until grandma over there is like "my husband and met during the same situation. He was 19 and I was 27, hehe"

Either that or grandma is an advanced cougar or something, going after all of the 20 something tourists heh

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Please notice how everyone calls the old lady "Grandma Li" but Xiaoen calls her "Li-jie" which means "Older Sister Li" in Mandarin Chinese.

Xiaoen is clearly very conscious of matters of seniority and ranks. ;-) As far as she is concerned, she and that granny are of the same generation!

How dare a 19-year-old baby try to woo her of all people!?

That damn gerontophile!!

Y'know what, leaving jokes aside, thanks to this talk I think I finally understand why Mu Xiaoen has such an important job as the boss of the whole farm—even though most of the time she just goofs around and lets her subordinates take care of things for her.
It's all about seniority. Her status in the family is so high, only such a high position is right for her. Like in xianxia novels where the sect hierarchy is always based on family ties.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

hehe

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Xiaoen is clearly very conscious of matters of seniority and ranks. ;-) As far as she is concerned, she and that granny are of the same generation!

How dare a 19-year-old baby try to woo her of all people!?

That damn gerontophile!!

What's funniest is that this is exactly what Xiaoen is thinking. It ain't even a joke.

And she's plainly not the only one. Even the older Wang said it: "Xiaoen date a 19-year-old? C'mon, she's not such a big pervert!"

I think I finally understand why Mu Xiaoen has such an important job as the boss of the whole farm—even though most of the time she just goofs around and lets her subordinates take care of things for her.
It's all about seniority. Her status in the family is so high, only such a high position is right for her. Like in xianxia novels where the sect hierarchy is always based on family ties.

HEY!! Don't go comparing Xiaoen to some worthless pretentious bad guy gongzi! (pouts)

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Grandma might be my favorite character, she knows what's up.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It looks like she's not the only one who thinks 19 might be too much of an age gap.

Anyone wanna bet how long till she eats her words? (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

Three chapters, four tops.

Literally 2 panels.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

The adorable pig cat mayor

I must be missing something, why the cat is the mayor?

I'm baffled too. Maybe it's the mayor's cat?
But we have never met the mayor?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I mean, it's not unheard of

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

I mean, it's not unheard of

https://i.imgur.com/4sLFNxJ.png

joined Mar 23, 2022

let's see and count how many chapters until she eat her own words.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Mar 23, 2022

I like how age is what more matters her than gender.*v*...good luck to our kid on pursuing her, I hope she will manage to turn the tables without giving up.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I like how age is what more matters her than gender.*v*

I like the implications that even the concept of homophobia might simply not exist in this village. Xiaoen opened up so nonchalantly about her relationship with Xingyuan, like she never had to consider that outing her might be a problem, and everyone just rolls with it.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I like the implications that even the concept of homophobia might simply not exist in this village. Xiaoen opened up so nonchalantly about her relationship with Xingyuan, like she never had to consider that outing her might be a problem, and everyone just rolls with it.

I wanna move to peachtown, Mu Xiaoen I’ll vote for u to be vice mayor (to work with the cat)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Good job.

And damn, it took me a moment to realize it was her helmet and not a giant peach... :D

Her husband's picture watching someone else's suffering was hilarious.

"It is now your turn."

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's a small town, after all. Places like that tend to either be horrible bigot cauldrons, or surprisingly nice places where you can be as you are and you will be welcomed. Big cities go into middle of that spectrum, there people don't often even know who lives next door.

Also, their boss is bit weird, so I think everyone in the company is just happy that she found herself a lover. Xiaoen has a fairly high position in local hierarcy given her age, so she also has a lot more freedom to date anyone she likes, despite all the "I'm totally a teen chaser" whining she is throwing out.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Grandma might be my favorite character, she knows what's up.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Grandma is enjoying her years surrounded by the happy fumblings of young love.

Best character ever.

Slime
joined Feb 22, 2023

« You're an experienced and greasy ol' sleaze! »
« A-Am I sleazy?! »
I'd really like to know what they said in Chinese. Please?

joined Sep 27, 2017

Grandma knows two love birds when she sees em!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

« You're an experienced and greasy ol' sleaze! »
« A-Am I sleazy?! »
I'd really like to know what they said in Chinese. Please?

If you're capable of reading the Chinese and want to know, then go buy the raws. https://manga.bilibili.com/detail/mc32438

joined Nov 21, 2022

What are they talking about when they talk about generations? Because it doesn't sound like it means the same thing as I, a North American talks about, when I talk about generations.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

What are they talking about when they talk about generations? Because it doesn't sound like it means the same thing as I, a North American talks about, when I talk about generations.

Generations in a familial sense not a sociological one. So if some person is the youngest generation, then all their siblings are also the youngest, their parents are the previous generstion, grandparents are 2 generations back, etc.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm going to pinch that cat's cheeks for interrupting that kiss x_x

Also looks like someone is having some pretty gay dreams about that 19 year old, mmhmm

To reply you must either login or sign up.