Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

8df30faf9de0511ace2b40acb3d005267d346bcc_full
joined Sep 1, 2021

Chie is so cute, getting thrilled about the recognition like that.

As for the credits page, if you ask me they've got it backward - Miyoshi's the one in denial, and the ball's entirely in her court. Ayano's ready and waiting for the green light, so if anything she's the one who'd be tickled to be seen as Miyoshi's GF.

17hunter00 posted:

The NSFW tag finally making sense after all these years

I was thinking about taking it away and putting it only where it's deserved but I'm too lazy to do that...

I've considered suggesting it as well. In the early chapters it was understandable, but now it's overwhelmingly the exception rather than the rule. It gets my hopes up when I see it before I remember it's a group tag.

The colors the author uses are just stunning. Especially on the hairs.

Sensei is a marvelous artist, although, most of the characters look like they got kind of short legs and even smaller feet, but maybe, it's just my perception, but he damn well knows, how to draw beautiful characters

I wish other manga artists would take notes. He uses aspects of the face - notably the forehead, eyebrows, noses (!), and overall shape, to provide the distinguishing features that other artists ignore, resulting in "generic manga face".

There is quite literally zero heterosexual explanation for this, in case Ayano hasnt noticed :⁠-⁠P

Weeeell ... I wouldn't go that far. For heterosexual girls who are close this can be a sign of trust and intimacy. Believe it or not, this sort of thing can even apply to straight males - see athletes slapping each other's butts and guys giving each other "titty twisters".

Pale yellow bra and grey panties? What a horrible combination.

Airi should kick her ass for her awful taste in lingerie. I know I would.

Airi has plenty of other reasons to kick her ass.

For real. Go back and look at chapters 168, 187, and 193. In 168, Michiru is one vanilla-lick away from pulling Airi into a broom closet. By 193, she's pulled herself into the closet because she, of all people, is in denial. It actually makes sense. The camera is her shield; it's what both satiates and justifies her desire for females - and Airi in particular - while giving her plausible cover as her "art".

I have a fantasy about one day Airi showing up in Michiru's futon wearing nothing but a necklace with a USB token on the end. "I erased your camera footage after downloading it to here. Come and get it if you want it so bad. Then we'll see which is more important to you ..."

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Chie is so cute, getting thrilled about the recognition like that.

As for the credits page, if you ask me they've got it backward - Miyoshi's the one in denial, and the ball's entirely in her court. Ayano's ready and waiting for the green light, so if anything she's the one who'd be tickled to be seen as Miyoshi's GF.

I think the point is not so to have her be thrilled but making Miyoshi aware that this might be an option XD

That said, Chie is cute indeed. ^^

Bald
joined Jul 26, 2019

"We'll get buried in the same grave 'n shit"
All time top romantic line

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Miyoshi will of course not remember the conversation at all by the time she wakes up :⁠-⁠P

joined Jun 12, 2015

You sure the whole mini wasn't written by Chad ? Lol

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Blax posted:

I asked myself the same. And I'm the Head Chad...
No april's fools today!

joined Mar 19, 2020

Wait wait, are they actually together?

Also what was happening in the last page, I don’t really get it?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Another funny credit page. Because, pumpkin, if you don't say it, they won't.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

This feels like I missed an entire season of a show and started watching again without catching up.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

There's been an epidemic lately of bad girlfriends rejecting their soulmates in dreams. They should just cut it out! Now!

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

What in the living xxxx are they xxxx about, god xxxx it?!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

No way to tell - she can dream they were GFs and she broke up with her without them actually being so- as we've seen in that other series! And Miyoshi can comfort her and say she'd never do that in the sense of- 'it we were dating i'd never break up with you!' and say she loves her etc without them being dating..

But it all equally makes sense from the perspective of them being dating. That just doesn't fit with everything else we know about them so far- unless they suddenly jumped to GFs off page.. but that seems unlikely imo..

So I cant see this as firm proof they are..

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Wait was this a parody chapter?? I don't remember seeing the art elsewhere, but the cursing and general dialogue seems more like the end chapter jokes the Chads make...not to mention they're not even together (unless it was a dream within a dream? Dreamception??)...

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Blax posted:

I asked myself the same. And I'm the Head Chad...
No april's fools today!

Wait, for reals? I was so sure it was a parody, especially with the unusual dialogue style...

Now I'm really hoping the author didn't just pull the same BS he did with Kanae and Haruka (i.e. having everything happen offscreen)...it was bad enough with those two, but for basically the biggest Ross-Rachel couple in this series, that'd be pretty inexcusable.

For now I'm just thoroughly confused. There are too many issues with this mini for me to even name...the ONLY way I can rationalize it is if Ayano dreamed they were dating and broke up, then called Miyoshi, who was too tired to remember they're not actually dating and just went into apologetic boyfriend mode on autopilot.

But then the whole scene with Chie afterwards seems really out of character regardless...maybe it was the author himself pulling an April Fools' type thing?

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 9:19PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I don't think they're together, Miyoshi is just out of it and mostly asleep and going along with whatever Ayano is saying to comfort her. She's not really thinking about what she's saying so it's probably a lot of subconscious thoughts and phrases to help her settle down from her nightmare. I can remember my ex having full on conversations after "waking up" and not remembering a word the next morning.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

"Our Yuri Started with Me Getting Rejected in a Dream"

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Nope, Miyoshi is talking to Ayano the way you talk to your bff. In Japan, at least.

For a Japanese person, talking like that to somebody you're actually dating would be completely out of the question. Too embarrassing. But if your bestie calls you in the middle of the night, bawling about a dream where you didn't like her anymore, it's a-okay to swear eternal love to her and promise to make her your wife.

My educated guess is that Miyoshi couldn't go back to sleep after Ayano's call; so, lacking anything better to do, she called Ai and asked her if she would do for Chie all the things Miyoshi had claimed she would do for Ayano. And I'm guessing Ai said she wouldn't want to share a grave with Chie—prompting Miyoshi to immediately call Chie and rat out Ai as a fickle and disloyal lover. Lol, poor Ai. (⁀ ᗢ⁀)

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I read "broke up with her" and was like "WHAT, THEY WERE GOING OUT?" but I suppose it's simply an advanced level of interaction that Ayano and Miyoshi have ascended to.

Immediately calling your girl up when you have a dream like that though. Imagine if Tsukihi had that kind of initiative lol.

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 11:46PM

Sasdsadsa%20(1)
joined Jun 23, 2020

Good series

joined Jul 4, 2022

I've totally done the same to my bff tbh.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

No way to tell - she can dream they were GFs and she broke up with her without them actually being so- as we've seen in that other series! And Miyoshi can comfort her and say she'd never do that in the sense of- 'it we were dating i'd never break up with you!' and say she loves her etc without them being dating..

But it all equally makes sense from the perspective of them being dating. That just doesn't fit with everything else we know about them so far- unless they suddenly jumped to GFs off page.. but that seems unlikely imo..

So I cant see this as firm proof they are..

Friends can also go through break-ups. I know it's more common to use the term for romantic partners (If for no other reason than because friends are less likely to hinge the whole relationship on one single argument or disagreement) but it does happen.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I don't think they're together, Miyoshi is just out of it and mostly asleep and going along with whatever Ayano is saying to comfort her. She's not really thinking about what she's saying so it's probably a lot of subconscious thoughts and phrases to help her settle down from her nightmare. I can remember my ex having full on conversations after "waking up" and not remembering a word the next morning.

I got a call once from the secretary of our department at my job, and apparently had a whole conversation where I actually came to after a couple of minutes. To this day I don't actually know what we talked about, but I still have my job, so presumably it wasn't anything too incriminating.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

I only read Ayano x Miyoshi so I'm really happy when two chapters release in a row!

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

"Our Yuri Started with Me Getting Rejected in a Dream"

God I fucking wish. Poor Ayano cant catch a break even in her dreams. And the worse thing is that Miyoshi has dreams being banged by Ayano. Meanwhile Ayano just gets fucked over by the universe.

To reply you must either login or sign up.