Forum › Temptation of Shiro Gal & Kuro Gal discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I was cheering Otaku, all his calls were perfect and then it occurred to me. Mr/Ms Author-san you aren't saying I am an otaku, are you?

Fumes.

I mean, perish the thought! Yuri is just that good.

joined Mar 28, 2021

I ended up putting this on hold on Mangadex cause I wanted to wait for it to finish releasing to see how I felt about the whole thing, but I remember feeling kinda "meh" about what I read cause the Otaku guy kinda feels like a pointless character most of the time.

I think the point of him was to assist their relationship at this point basically

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I ended up putting this on hold on Mangadex cause I wanted to wait for it to finish releasing to see how I felt about the whole thing, but I remember feeling kinda "meh" about what I read cause the Otaku guy kinda feels like a pointless character most of the time.

I think the point of him was to assist their relationship at this point basically

Yeah, he's meant to be a wingman, but the way it's all handled he feels like he's just a plot device to move the story forward instead of an actual character that is helping move the story forward.

I know that sounds like the same thing, but I'm just terrible at explaining my thoughts. It just doesn't feel good to me. Like, Mio in I'll Cheer on my Yuri Onee-chan fulfills the same kind of role that Otaku does in this one, but I actually like him. He feels like an actual character rather than something that exists solely to move the plot forward, even though that is functionally what he does.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Yeah, he's meant to be a wingman, but the way it's all handled he feels like he's just a plot device to move the story forward instead of an actual character that is helping move the story forward.

I know that sounds like the same thing, but I'm just terrible at explaining my thoughts. It just doesn't feel good to me. Like, Mio in I'll Cheer on my Yuri Onee-chan fulfills the same kind of role that Otaku does in this one, but I actually like him. He feels like an actual character rather than something that exists solely to move the plot forward, even though that is functionally what he does.

Nah, I get what you mean. It's true that the otaku here has basically no personality. That is part of the parody, since your average male romcom self-insert MC is similarly cardboard, but it's still a valid criticism.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

You may not like,you may debate about it,you may even get confused at at times.

But this is the face of a super smooth as butter ultimate peak evolution Sigma male wingman.

But he is no mere mortal,for he is nothing short of a God.

BOW DOWN TO HIS MIGHT!

MAY HE SHINE HIS HOLY LIGHT UPON YOUR LESBIAN SHIPS!!

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I hope this ends with it being revealed that Rei has been confiding in Otaku-kun the whole time about her crush on Natsuyu and he's been doing what he can to help

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Love how the het shipper got converted to a yuri shipper by the guy she used to ship

joined Jan 6, 2023

WINGMAN

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I love ch 34. Otaku truly understands the dao of the wingman. I saw some truly cringe things happen in middle school because certain people would try to "ship" their friends without understanding the point Otaku made there.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Chapter 31 accidentally had the first 4 pages from Chapter 35 for some reason; it's fixed now with the correct pages.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Chapter 31 accidentally had the first 4 pages from Chapter 35 for some reason; it's fixed now with the correct pages.

I experienced it too. Just a brief case of yurinception, we're used to that around here.

joined Nov 6, 2021

This series is truly an underrated gem

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Gah feelings are unlocked and made aware of. This should be fun. We need more from Rei's side to see if she's crushing as hard as Koga is. Though I don't think that's possible.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yuri knight hard at work.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Finally a Male character in Yuri I like.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

He isn't the yuri knight...he is the epitome of a yuri guardian angel.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

He isn't the yuri knight...he is the epitome of a yuri guardian angel.

Somehow that goes incredibly well with your avatar.

In other news, how did I never notice this series before today?

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Asking myself the same thing, how did I miss this for over a year

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Don't feel bad, this series was only uploaded to Dynasty less than a month ago. The dates on tge chapters are only for when they were originally posted on Mangadex.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Nah, I get what you mean. It's true that the otaku here has basically no personality. That is part of the parody, since your average male romcom self-insert MC is similarly cardboard, but it's still a valid criticism.

To be fair, even though we're looking at 35 chapters, since they're only 4 pages each it's actually only like 4 chapters of a full length manga, and effectively maybe less because of the sort of repetitive re-establishing stuff that short-form things like this often have. Plus it's almost a gag format thing, so any character (or plot) develoment has to fit in around the edges of that. It's rare for much personality of anyone except the leads to be fleshed out in such a limited time/space.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

COMPLETED?!

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

NOOOOO HOW COULD THEY END IT LIKE THAT????

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Don't feel bad, this series was only uploaded to Dynasty less than a month ago. The dates on tge chapters are only for when they were originally posted on Mangadex.

Ahhh, that makes sense-- I tried starting a discussion on it awhile back and was excited to see it here. Thought I had missed something!

Glad to see if finally conclude so cutely!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Counting the pages and comparing to the tank table of contents, I suspect this does not include the additional chapter there, though.

joined Apr 10, 2021

NOOOOO HOW COULD THEY END IT LIKE THAT????

Well it's always sort of a disappointment, but this series was: "Otaku helps blackgal and whitegal be together". Final episode: Blackgal does it herself

End
Curtains

perfection

To reply you must either login or sign up.