Forum › Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san discussion

joined Oct 3, 2016

Did you think My girl Kimura was straight just because she crushed on a dude? Did you think Hiyana's attraction was a hopeless and onesided unrequited crush on a straight girl?!

JoJo pose

Behold!!! Kimura was Bisexual all along!!

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

How the tables have turned. :D

Wait. Wait a goddamn moment. Since when exactly has this been goign on? Is it possible that, from the start, Kimura thought she was in love with Mizushima because of this kind of heteronormative thinking? That would be freaking hilarious.

Edit:Hmm. Having reread from the start that doesn't seem to be the case. New headcanon, Kimura is an unaware Bi disaster in love with both of them.

Chapter 23 and being called her wife seems to have been a turning point, leading to the big blush in 24 and the realization in 25.

Started happening a bit before that it seems, In chapter 21 Kimura’s mom mentioned how happy she was after the date in chapter 19 and how she was staying up late to try on the matching clothes Hiyama got her.

last edited at Jan 9, 2023 10:06AM

joined Apr 14, 2022

As much as I love this comic, I find it deeply concerning how Hiyama's friends appear to have severe anterograde amnesia.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

“If she’s calling me her wife… what does this mean? Could it be that Hiyama-san…. likes me?????”

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is so stupid. And I mean that in the best possible way.

Charmingly stupid. Or stupidly charming. Or something.

Ayaka
joined Feb 10, 2013

Did you think My girl Kimura was straight just because she crushed on a dude? Did you think Hiyana's attraction was a hopeless and onesided unrequited crush on a straight girl?!

JoJo pose

Behold!!! Kimura was Bisexual all along!!

That's not what it was she assumed because she only felt jealous when the rival and the dude where togehter she was in love with the dude but misunderstood her felling the one she liked was the girl the whole time

joined Apr 16, 2022

I think Kimura really did have a crush on Mizushima; she did get nervous whenever the two of them were alone together, not to mention this page. That said, when I reread the manga recently, I noticed that she's also always looked at Hiyama in a positive light. Even at the beginning, she admired her and wanted to be friends. For example, when her friend said she was Hiyama's rival, Kimura's response was "That's way too presumptuous!"; when Mizushima said he was surprised they were friends, Kimura thought "Does that mean it's strange for someone perfect like Hiyama-san to hang out with a plain person like me?"

To sum up, it's definitely possible Kimura was crushing on both Hiyama and Mizushima from the beginning, and was just focusing on Mizushima due to some combination of comphet and Hiyama's various antics scaring her. Now that she's gotten to know Hiyama better (and also gotten used to her...*unique* personality lol) she's starting to realize it more. It's been building since the ice cream "date," too; see here and here.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

The feelings have begun! I love it from here.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I think we've seen these chapters before? Author doesn't seem to have changed much content...

We have, they're just being recompiled. The new stuff starts Ch. 28

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

As much as I love this comic, I find it deeply concerning how Hiyama's friends appear to have severe anterograde amnesia.

I was wondering if that was an artifact of how this series was spliced together from multiple places. It may have resulted in some inconsistencies.

joined Aug 23, 2011

As everyone's favourite small time youtuber Will Smith once said, "Aww, das hawt"

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The tiding turns have changed fully!

Will the ship make landfall?,or were they a train railroading towards their destination?

Find out next time in the next episode of One Bleach Shippuden Z,only on Telemundo.

joined Aug 26, 2022

Did not expect this

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

I think Kimura really did have a crush on Mizushima; she did get nervous whenever the two of them were alone together, not to mention this page. That said, when I reread the manga recently, I noticed that she's also always looked at Hiyama in a positive light. Even at the beginning, she admired her and wanted to be friends. For example, when her friend said she was Hiyama's rival, Kimura's response was "That's way too presumptuous!"; when Mizushima said he was surprised they were friends, Kimura thought "Does that mean it's strange for someone perfect like Hiyama-san to hang out with a plain person like me?"

To sum up, it's definitely possible Kimura was crushing on both Hiyama and Mizushima from the beginning, and was just focusing on Mizushima due to some combination of comphet and Hiyama's various antics scaring her. Now that she's gotten to know Hiyama better (and also gotten used to her...*unique* personality lol) she's starting to realize it more. It's been building since the ice cream "date," too; see here and here.

The series started as a gag manga, no need to take it seriously guys

joined Apr 14, 2022

no need to take it seriously guys

I'll have you know yuri is very serious business.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Anyone who says this kind of thing in response to a lively and fun discussion, I think is taking life too seriously. Try to have fun sometimes, and let others do it too without raining on their parade.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Since this manga only updates here and there, I actually really appreciated this summary. Thank you.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

A poly relationship could be the answer, except Hiyama seems to hate Mizushima with the passion of a thousand suns.

joined Jul 2, 2020

A poly relationship could be the answer, except Hiyama seems to hate Mizushima with the passion of a thousand suns.

Even if Hiyama didn't hate Mizushima I dout she would ever want to share Kimura with anyone else

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014
145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Anyone who says this kind of thing in response to a lively and fun discussion, I think is taking life too seriously. Try to have fun sometimes, and let others do it too without raining on their parade.

I just wanna say that this is a gag manga, the yuri endgame is inevitable no matter what so no need to point everything out. But if you want to complicate things, I won't stop you

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Everyone seems to reset in this manga. I was just thinking about it.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Ahhh it's back again!

I love that Kimura is starting to fall for Hiyama. Yet she still thinks that Kimura is going after the dude. So many misunderstandings abound!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

That was one of the funnier Cinderella spoofs I've read.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Lol, I ship Cinderella X stepmom now

To reply you must either login or sign up.