Forum › About a College Girl Who Gets Picked Up at a Mixer by an Older Girl discussion

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I am tired of the saving your girlfriend or love interest from the advances of a creepy guy trope in yuri. I guess it might be a reflection of authors' own experiences with shitty men? Still I don't see what it adds dramatically at this point

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sexy Commander!

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I am tired of the saving your girlfriend or love interest from the advances of a creepy guy trope in yuri. I guess it might be a reflection of authors' own experiences with shitty men? Still I don't see what it adds dramatically at this point

I hope that it will end up being character development on Rika's side and she brushes him off herself. And yeah, kinda tired of the cliche bad guy scenarios.

Though from perspective of someone who is not reading the manga and does not know she doesn't swing that way, he isn't even bad or scummy, dude's doing what the gathering is intended for - trying to hook up with a girl.

last edited at Dec 30, 2022 11:29AM

001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

yea it already happened twice right, feel like i've only ever seen it in yuri

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

yea it already happened twice right, feel like i've only ever seen it in yuri

I see it in Het stuff from time to time, but it is definitely more common in Yuri.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Though from perspective of someone who is not reading the manga and does not know she doesn't swing that way, he isn't even bad or scummy, dude's doing what the gathering is intended for - trying to hook up with a girl.

It's the persistence that's scummy. Talking is fine, but grabbing her arm and being like CMON BB let's go fuck is very very very bad.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

also figured that'd happen cute

joined May 29, 2021

"Let's pay to have sex in a hotel when we could just take a cab/subway home and have sex there for free"

Is this like a cultural thing?

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Definitely needs an idiot couple tag. Oh well. Love hotel detour should patch things up nicely.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Well, Captain Eyeless didn’t become Captain Toothless like I wanted, but he did become Captain Speechless, which I guess is sufficient.

"Let's pay to have sex in a hotel when we could just take a cab/subway home and have sex there for free"

Look, sometimes there’s just something you really want to try out, logical alternative or no. It’s like going out to a restaurant when you can make the same thing at home. Why do it? Well, sometimes you just really want to go to the restaurant.

Rsz_1rsz_1white
joined Apr 26, 2019

There's several videos out there on youtube about Japanese love hotels. Compared to regular hotels, these are built different.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Japanese walls are thin ^^;

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Why eat out when you could cook at home for cheaper? Why go to a theater when it's cheaper to rent and watch at home? Why go to a concert when just buying a cd is cheaper?

Sometimes people want to spend money on a different experience than they can get at home.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And everyone has learned a bit more about proper communication.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I actually love that Rika wanted to make Natsuko jealous. She's not so above it all. It's OK to act spoiled sometimes. (just don't make it a habit)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

joined Aug 1, 2022

I love this idiot couple, i wish them the best even though they make me want to punch a wall sometimes.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

He first tried to pressure Rika into drinking. Later, when Rika was trying to leave, he grabbed her arm and tried to make her leave together with him. Even if mixers are intended for hookups, Rika didn't show any interest in him at all before she tried to leave. She was also obviously scared when he grabber her arm, and even said no, but he didn't let go of her arm until Natsuko appeared.

He was creepy, scummy, and rapey, regardless of Rika's sexual orientation or relationship status. Showing up to a mixer does not equal blanket consent to sex with any and all other participants. He either failed to realize that Rika was not interested in him, or he simply didn't care either way.

last edited at Jan 2, 2023 5:14PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Not every goudo konpa / goukon i.e. mixer is a hook-up mixer: usually, that's a yaru konpa / yarikon i.e. hookup party:

Here Sugiyama and Tamamin tell them the goukon they went to had two boys who had chuunibyo lasting into high school and the other two were treating it as a yarikon

Akko was gotten drunk with kahlua milk and almost lost her virginity in a drunken stupor because, apparently, Sugiyama and Tamamin didn't give her the lecture they gave Mari. Also, Akko isn't confident about expressing opposition, and seems to accept that as normal, she even gives Mari kahlua milk.

Arguably, the guy at the mixer Rika went to was like the two more mature guys at the goukon Akko and Mari were invited to, which Sugiyama and Tamamin went to in their place.

Also Morinaga Milk is of my generation or a little later, so things have tightened up since then, even for college-age women.

last edited at Jan 2, 2023 6:29PM

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

As someone who doesn't drink, the way they approach alcohol is still pretty cute. Drinking at a party sounds gross to me, but drinking while cuddling up with your partner sounds nice :)

joined Sep 6, 2018

Well, it seems chapter 28 is the end. I bet there are a few more chapters for a time skip.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Well, it seems chapter 28 is the end. I bet there are a few more chapters for a time skip.

Like the author said it was the end, or it just seems like the end? Cause if it's the end, dang, I was hoping for more

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Who told you that? Chapter 29 just got posted.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

I was confused on why they were looking at panties when they were supposed to be buying bras, and then I remembered that some(most?) people actually match what they buy.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Just chiming in to agree with the people who recognize the guy at the mixer was being creepy/rapey. Even if it was a mixer to hookup for sex, as soon as she said no, he should have respected her decision.

To reply you must either login or sign up.