Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri (Side Stories) discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Hum, are tatoos and piercings that problematic? Would she be denied to enter the public bath?
Edit: *In japan. I mean its not even a full back tatoo and all that, just the sholders.

There are many deep-rooted cultural, political, legal and social reasons why tattoos are a complicated matter in Japan so yea, she could absolutely be denied from entering

tl;dr It's because Japan tends to associate tattoos with the yakuza. If you're a tattoo-wearer planning a trip to Japan, you should look into what places have more lax rules.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Wait, Saori and Shizuku kissed? How can the author just drop that in and not show us what happened? Peak cruelty.

joined Nov 21, 2018

Hum, are tatoos and piercings that problematic? Would she be denied to enter the public bath?
Edit: *In japan. I mean its not even a full back tatoo and all that, just the sholders.

There are many deep-rooted cultural, political, legal and social reasons why tattoos are a complicated matter in Japan so yea, she could absolutely be denied from entering

tl;dr It's because Japan tends to associate tattoos with the yakuza. If you're a tattoo-wearer planning a trip to Japan, you should look into what places have more lax rules.

It's something that's gotten less stringent in recent years, especially in big cities, but most famous hot springs resorts are deep in the mountains.

Wait, Saori and Shizuku kissed? How can the author just drop that in and not show us what happened? Peak cruelty.

Probably cuz the side-stories and the main series translations are a bit out of sync with each other; I assume we'll see that moment when the main series translation is caught up a bit more?

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 5:07PM

joined May 29, 2021

That happened earlier in the "side stories."

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Ch. 18

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Is Shinohara is masking alone in her own house on page 06... did she put it on to use the phone?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

ADT555 posted:

Is Shinohara is masking alone in her own house on page 06... did she put it on to use the phone?

Maybe she doesn't want to cough on her phone.

joined May 29, 2021

I think the far more likely option is: mangaka goes "hmm, how to visually convey sickness easily? Ehhh, I'll just put a mask on them..."

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I was re-reading the side stories from the beginning, and Iori is a real jerk to Minami, no matter how you look at it. She beats her up and manipulates her emotionally.

At this point, I'm sure the author is doing it on purpose. She's not condoning, or promoting it, as some people would like you to think, she's just sampling various possible types of relationship between people.

Iori and Mianmi's a dysfunctional relationship, based on co-dependency. Iori comes across as a self-centered jerk, addicted on booze and mobile games, who would end up in a ditch somewhere if Minami wasn't there to pick her up.

Minami comes across as insecure, desperate to be loved, who takes being beaten up as a form of love, and with a savior complex.

Their couple lasts only because they're co-dependent in a fucked up way.

I think the author is perfectly aware that her characters are flawed and, in some aspects, dis-likable or infuriating, but that's what she wants to write (hence, the title): relationships that hold up against all odds.

joined Jan 11, 2022

I was re-reading the side stories from the beginning, and Iori is a real jerk to Minami, no matter how you look at it. She beats her up and manipulates her emotionally.

At this point, I'm sure the author is doing it on purpose. She's not condoning, or promoting it, as some people would like you to think, she's just sampling various possible types of relationship between people.

Iori and Mianmi's a dysfunctional relationship, based on co-dependency. Iori comes across as a self-centered jerk, addicted on booze and mobile games, who would end up in a ditch somewhere if Minami wasn't there to pick her up.

Minami comes across as insecure, desperate to be loved, who takes being beaten up as a form of love, and with a savior complex.

Their couple lasts only because they're co-dependent in a fucked up way.

I think the author is perfectly aware that her characters are flawed and, in some aspects, dis-likable or infuriating, but that's what she wants to write (hence, the title): relationships that hold up against all odds.

This 100%

Thealmightyhoodie
joined Sep 12, 2022

I am still pretty confused on how the side stories fit chronologicaly fit into the main series. Do I read some side chapters in the middle of the main series? Do I read them all after the main series even though its still going on? Does it even matter?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Thealmightyhoodie posted:

I am still pretty confused on how the side stories fit chronologicaly fit into the main series. Do I read some side chapters in the middle of the main series? Do I read them all after the main series even though its still going on? Does it even matter?

The side stories are just that: they run parallel to the main series, but it's published on the web only.

They expand on what happens in the main timeline.

There are already 6 volumes out in Japan, when Windyfall is just about to finish vol 3. So it's understandable that you're missing some pieces.

But seeing what happens in the "side stories", I think it also adds to the main story. I wonder if elements of the side stories make their way in the main story though. I guess we'll know when... the scanlator of the main series catches up. If they ever do.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Minami studying for a better job/future? Seems like the “Delinquent” tag needs to be dropped. But with all the tattoos she’s got, she’d still be a social outcast, thus “Delinquent” tag stays. Good to see a character arc, finally.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I’d say it’s limits imposed by author/editor or publishing restrictions set by magazine. Some mangakas refuse NSFW because they’re not into hentai or their manga doesn’t call for it. Personally, I prefer NSFW in separate chapters deviating from main storyline. Kinda like what public sees and a “between the sheets” points of views for reader.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I feel like we should pair the Saori/Shizuku tag with the bdsm tag at this point.

joined May 29, 2021

I feel like we should pair the Saori/Shizuku tag with the bdsm tag at this point.

The sisters are both problematic doms.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

God fuckin dammit I love this pair.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Dammit, Saori. Cut the girl some slack, will you?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"It just had to be the class thug." Hahaha. Every school has one.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Seriously though, why is this my favorite pair. I feel like they shouldn't be, but they are

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

Imouto-san just cannot stop being such an alpha.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Casually calling herself 'sent by god'

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Affectionate violence just warms my heart at the start of the year.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

The sisters are both problematic doms.

Iori isn't a dom at all. She's a bratty sub. I mean, that was a whole thing in one chapter, she tried to top and Minami just turned it around on her.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Damn. I need the Bartender to have her own side stories.

To reply you must either login or sign up.