Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri (Side Stories) discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

These are officially published stories that built upon the character's and their relationships outside of the main plot. Main series is here.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

"Side Stories" is longer than the original ^^
Has every Chapter a different Couple?

last edited at Mar 21, 2021 12:32PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It needs Drama , if only for chapter 4.

^It looks like it's more about giving the characters more depth than they had in the original. A lot of flashbacks and introspection, more than about the couples themselves.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

FINALLY, gamer couple!! So even if this isn't part of the main series, is it canon? Will it correlate at some point to the main series itself?

Also getting tired of Iori getting wasted/casually slapping Minami around. Surely they can be funny without that.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Given that, in the main series, Minami and Shizuku's backstory was kind of a vague mess that suspiciously looked like it underwent at least one retcon this kind of better-planned revisit is welcome.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

For all its shortcomings this is one of the more memorable yuri series I read.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

FINALLY, gamer couple!! So even if this isn't part of the main series, is it canon? Will it correlate at some point to the main series itself?

Also getting tired of Iori getting wasted/casually slapping Minami around. Surely they can be funny without that.

It specifically calls back to the original series for backstory, I don't think the author would do that kind of callout if they didn't want them to be viewed as companion pieces.

(although to be fair those little preface blurbs are usually written by the editor, not the author, but still.)

last edited at Mar 21, 2021 1:32PM

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

oof on the friends one.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

This was all nice, but was that slap really necessary? As in the main series, it just feels... off.
Anyhow, I feel like this was a better read than the main series (longer chapters, more coherent, maybe more thought out?). Hope there's plans for more of this.

last edited at Mar 21, 2021 2:59PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The main series was only a twitter comic that she made by herself.

The addition of an official editor obviously helped her to structure her narrative better.

last edited at Mar 21, 2021 2:58PM

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

Maybe I forget but who is the hopeless people of the little sister?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

gwen posted:

Maybe I forget but who is the hopeless people of the little sister?

Her own sister.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

And then she beat the shit out of her with an ashtray

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Feels more like "continuation" than "short stories" since its building off things that happened in the main series.

Love this series btw, hope the Imouto couple gets a relationship upgrade but their chapter here just shows they still have a long way to go if ever they decide to be together

joined Jul 26, 2016

Feels more like "continuation" than "short stories" since its building off things that happened in the main series.

The Saori/Shizuku one is clearly chronologically set before the latter started socializing with their classmates in the main series tho, for ex. And I'm pretty sure the mangaka/editor one happens an unspecified amount of time later than where they currently are in the same.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

I think I prefer the original one, well not exactly original, but the parent story format a bit more suited for the comedic element imo? Still love this one tho, hope Mikanuji won't drop this series soon...
The only 'extra' story that came was the 4th chapter, the rest were all 'behind-the scene' stuff, I like all of them but the gamer girl couple chapter felt a bit forced/fast-paced or something?

Screenshot_2021-10-17-05-27-52-38
joined Jan 19, 2021

:D

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Gay Panic is always hilarious to see.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Who's this Useful Advice Animal and what has she done with Iori?! :o

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

go! go! Shino!

joined Apr 3, 2021

I'm beginning to wonder how this affects the main series. Will the main series jump from the end of these side stories or keep moving at their pace?

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Oooooh, a drunk call

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

I'm beginning to wonder how this affects the main series. Will the main series jump from the end of these side stories or keep moving at their pace?

I feel like a restart is what might be the best, these side-stories might as well be part of the main story given how some of them (especially the Editor/Mangaka couple) are like, you know, fucking critical.
Not even a re-write or redrawing, just slap those chapters in the main story and maybe move the side-couples into their own series.
Ironic how these side-stories have so low chapters yet have more development than probably half chapters from the main series.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Was hinted before that Iori knew the editor?

To reply you must either login or sign up.