6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

Kase-san really said sex >>>> friends

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

looks like little miss closet lesbian will have to figure some stuff out soon

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

Ear plugs can only go so far... though I recommend the silicone ones.

Silicone ear plugs work great for swimming, but their noise reduction isn’t as good as the foam ones. And noise-cancellation headphones won’t work when it comes to Yamada and Kase-San.

Silicone are really good for sleeping too, though I guess the foam ones are better if you're jackhammering. Not sure if Kase and Yamada are quite at that dB level but maybe when they live together they'll load up on toys so who knows.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I just wonder how often this manga update? like is this monthly or bimonthly?

I was just about ask the same question.

As far as I understand, it's bimonthly, but with many schedule slips, such as in June of this year.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

This is the type of arc that changes my perception of the entire series.

I can't imagine putting a disgruntled friend over my significant other. It's one thing to accept this nonsense race out of guilt, it's another to text Yamada and actually postpone the move and the buying of the apartment. That's just so absurd. What happens after the race is irrelevant. The fact of postponing the move is already such a slap in the face to Yamada, it's crazy. And what if they lose that apartment? How is she going to explain this to Yamada? Certainly, she'll lie. It's crazy. Of course, she'll still move whether she wins or loses the race but the damage is done. I honestly thought that at least she would humor the race but would continue with the move. Maybe she would just try and do both for the month and pretend that she was still living in the dorms. But this is wild.

last edited at Dec 29, 2022 12:51PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Dangit, Inoue-senpai.

Sigh... She just doesn't like the idea that her crush is moving out of the dorms, to be with her girlfriend.

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

Imagine planning something really important with your SO only to receive an last minute message about it not happening any more and they don't tell you why. That an relationship ender right there.

What an frustrating chapter lol.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

This is a VERY manga chapter. We have to let our suspension of disbelief slip. but even then this is frustrating as hell lol

20240119_014822
joined Nov 18, 2021

What the hell?? Oh my gosh. If I received a text from my girlfriend telling me to postpone the plan that the both of us has been planning for long, I'm gonna cry so hard. That choice is so unfair to Yamada. Wtf. T.T

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

okay Kase, I get it you were being pressured but at that point you need to just owe up and put your foot down like, yeah you should have told her that you had always been planning on moving out but you can't just let all of this hinge on a bet no matter the pressure you're being given by everyone else.

last edited at Dec 29, 2022 12:52PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

What the hell?? Oh my gosh. If I received a text from my girlfriend telling me to postpone the plan that the both of us has been planning for long, I'm gonna cry so hard. That choice is so unfair to Yamada. Wtf. T.T

And we just know that the next chapter won't be the race. It'll probably drag out for another 4 months.

joined Jul 6, 2020

I don't get it.

joined Nov 24, 2014

I came to read it here to see everyone's reaction to kase sans text at the end lol im glad everyone is upset with her too

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

This is fuckign bs. The series has gotten a lot worst since it started with the sequel and all the cringe worthy forced drama. Especially with the obsessive roommate. No you don't get to determine if someone has the right to move out or not. Tell them straight out you had made this plan to move in with your "friend" before even starting school. Hell just say she is your girlfriend and be done with it.

The apartment gonna be gone and Yamada will be disappointed and hurt either way. I'm starting to think Yamada might be better off just breaking up with Kase and moving on. Kase knows Yamada has low self esteem and still gonna do this. She will end up thinking Kase doesn't even want to live with her now.

Of course it gonna be months till find out what happens.

The fact Kase is willing to bet it at all on her being able move in with Yamada right there shows she isn't serious about moving in with Yamada or about Yamada at all.

She is literally prioritizing a girl she has known for less than a year and always had a rough relationship with over her girlfriend of years.

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's chapters like this that remind me, as cute as they can be at times, honestly their relationship really isn't all that great.

joined Sep 10, 2022

She is literally prioritizing a girl she has known for less than a year and always had a rough relationship with over her girlfriend of years.

What's worse is this will likely not be used for real earned drama. It'll just be a small sad moment and Kase will make a quick joke about the situation and that'll be it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The Nostradami are all over this story arc.

joined Dec 29, 2022

UGH. I know I'm not saying anything new here, and am just adding my voice to the chorus, but this seriously sucks. I wanted the author to write an arc that didn't revolve around Kase or Yamada being jealous for no reason (and jealousy still factors in with Kase's unreasonable roommate) but this is ridiculous. The entire setup is stupid, the stakes are nonexistent, it will mean nothing other than a few angsty panels and Yamada yet again questioning their relationship.

Which at this point, she really should. We've never been given a reason for Kase refusing to call Yamada her girlfriend (homophobia doesn't seem to be an issue) yet she acts super territorial with her. It's sad because this started as a cute pairing, but at this point their love story might as well be a guide on how not to have a relationship.

9c22079b5cf7eec50059a2cf68a7cf53--hiyoko-small-animals
joined May 25, 2017

This series has a lot of "really?" moments but somehow this one just takes the cake. Deal with the grouchy roommate drama later, that's something that can be dealt with later on. Literally finalizing an apartment lease is way more of a priority.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just tell them you're moving together with your wife girlfriend, surely they'd back off then... Don't let them ruin your plans you made already before coming to Tokyo.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU PLAN YOUR FUTURE. So Kase's postponing moving into an AFFORDABLE and AVAILABLE apartment that manages to check all their boxes with her girlfriend for an ENTIRE MONTH (in which case the apartment would most likely be gone) to race some chick she BARELY knows because she feels 'guilty' and was pressured to actually bet her future plans with her partner because, again, some chick has gotten comfortable with having Kase there and doesn't want a new room mate. I love this series but in reality this is the kind of BS that makes partners reevaluate their relationships. This is some high school level kind of shit. I legitimately feel sorry for Yamada having to deal with Kase's childish crap while she's, basically, venturing way outside her comfort zone and trying to become an actual adult and have a real long lasting relationship. I know they're fictional but if my partner TEXTED me that shit AFTER FINDING AN APARTMENT and told me that they were betting moving in/out on a fkn race with someone I don't even know, there would need to be a good amount of understanding on my part to even excuse that crap. I can see the lighter side of it but that's just insulting to EVERYONE involved (characters and audience).

That's how much this chapter's ending annoyed me and I love this series and author's work.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Sigh.

I can tell y'all what's gonna happen next and save you the suspense.

Yamada will think "Oh noes the orders of a hierarchical superior are absolute!" and will not object to the race. Then Kase will race Fukami and win. Then Yamada will jump into her arms and kiss her or something. Then and only then will Fukami and the others find out that Yamada is Kase's girlfriend! (In other words, that Kase wasn't planning to move in with some random homie but with her LOVER!) Then Fukami will hit Kase on the noggin and tell her she's got to be stupider than a monkey to bet her future with the woman she loves in a motherfucking race. And then, only then, Kase will be enlightened.

joined Sep 10, 2022

That's how much this chapter's ending annoyed me and I love this series and author's work.

Yeah, it feels like the author is still treating these characters like their freshman in high school when they are adults now. They've been aged up and it's like the writer is a parent who still views their adult kids as children.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU PLAN YOUR FUTURE. So Kase's postponing moving into an AFFORDABLE and AVAILABLE apartment that manages to check all their boxes with her girlfriend for an ENTIRE MONTH (in which case the apartment would most likely be gone) to race some chick she BARELY knows because she feels 'guilty' and was pressured to actually bet her future plans with her partner because, again, some chick has gotten comfortable with having Kase there and doesn't want a new room mate. I love this series but in reality this is the kind of BS that makes partners reevaluate their relationships. This is some high school level kind of shit. I legitimately feel sorry for Yamada having to deal with Kase's childish crap while she's, basically, venturing way outside her comfort zone and trying to become an actual adult and have a real long lasting relationship. I know they're fictional but if my partner TEXTED me that shit AFTER FINDING AN APARTMENT and told me that they were betting moving in/out on a fkn race with someone I don't even know, there would need to be a good amount of understanding on my part to even excuse that crap. I can see the lighter side of it but that's just insulting to EVERYONE involved (characters and audience).

Yamada has pushed herself so much to be able to be with Kase from Kase rabid fans in high school to changing her college plans and moving out on her own to tokyo just to be with Kase and everything else to make things work. Kase though won't say three simple words of "no I wont" when telling her roommate she wont change her plans of living with Yui.

Some might say well Yamada changing colleges was a good thing for Yamada but in the end she didn't know how things would turn out completely upending her life to go there and out of her comfort zone to follow Kases life plans.

The more I think about it the more lopsided the dynamix in their relationship seems to be.

To reply you must either login or sign up.