Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

OK, first, DevbhoomiNews here is very obviously a bot. And second, since they mentioned Uttar Pradesh, I may as well get the meme out of my system: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/225458497775599617/802139559260848138/6e5c494-1.jpg

joined Mar 7, 2022

I finished the first volume of a series called She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat recently, and it's so good. It's a fantastic yuri comedy centered around a duo, one of whom loves cooking, but has a tiny appetite, and another woman whose stomach is practically a bottomless pit. If you're looking for a series that's chill, funny, and cute, it's a great read.

I saw one episode of the drama and planning to pick up the manga, is it more of a subtext type gl? the art looks really good!

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

Does anyone have any recs for something lighthearted and kinda horny? Specifically looking for something with the light sexual-harassment of something like Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei, Hina-san no Baka, or A Story About Doing XX to Girls From Different Species. Thanks!

last edited at Dec 9, 2022 8:35PM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Does anyone have any recs for something lighthearted and kinda horny? Specifically looking for something with the light sexual-harassment of something like Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei, Hina-san no Baka, or A Story About Doing XX to Girls From Different Species. Thanks!

Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I finished the first volume of a series called She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat recently, and it's so good. It's a fantastic yuri comedy centered around a duo, one of whom loves cooking, but has a tiny appetite, and another woman whose stomach is practically a bottomless pit. If you're looking for a series that's chill, funny, and cute, it's a great read.

I saw one episode of the drama and planning to pick up the manga, is it more of a subtext type gl? the art looks really good!

It is definitely not subtext. From the first volume, I get the feeling it isn't going to be a particularly fast progression, but the direction their relationship is headed is pretty clear.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Are there any historical manga with yuri elements where the story reflects the reality of the era without taking fantastical or anachronistic liberties with the setting? No matter if it's Nara or Taisho period, Chinese, Korean... The only ones I know are Ends of a Dream and Cocoon.

last edited at Dec 11, 2022 1:40PM

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Are there any historical manga with yuri elements where the story reflects the reality of the era without taking fantastical or anachronistic liberties with the setting? No matter if it's Nara or Taisho period, Chinese, Korean... The only ones I know are Ends of a Dream and Cocoon.

Getting to Know Grace and Opium ?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Thanks, I'll take a look!

joined Dec 14, 2022

This request is probably kinda vague and would vary so much based on taste but do you guys have any recommendations for yuri manga with cool, unique art, especially in its character designs? I really like the art styles of Kishi Torajirou, tmfly, Mitsue Aoki, and Arai Sumiko. I really like to see variation in body types and faces. I think I prefer something a bit less standardly cute and moe generally. But anything you can think of that has standout art in some way, I'd love to check out!

joined Mar 31, 2016

Can somebody reccomend/remind me of some manga where the two main characters are in love with each other but think it's unrequitted. Im looking for some older stuff more.

joined Feb 19, 2022

can anyone recommend me comics where two girls lose their virginity to each other and it's not like them climaxing ten times each? figuring out pleasuring woman takes some practice and i wanna see if there's any comics that the girls love each other and kinda fumble through their first time.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Can somebody reccomend/remind me of some manga where the two main characters are in love with each other but think it's unrequitted. Im looking for some older stuff more.

Girl Friends by Morinaga Milk immediately comes to mind. You'll have to read it outside Dynasty, though.

Also pretty much everything else by that author is also in that vibe (except her older, weird smut stuff)

joined Mar 8, 2022

Hi could anyone recommend any yuri mangas that touch on religion? whether in a positive or negative light

last edited at Dec 22, 2022 2:44PM

Sample_eddd25a7b299325e6bba61de4a51ee369a7c7b22
joined Mar 30, 2022

Does anyone know any yuri manga/webtoons with:
1) a height gap, where the shorter girl is a top/dom and the higher one is a bottom/sub,
2) an age gap, where the younger girl is a top/dom and the older one is a bottom/sub.
Much obliged.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Hi could anyone recommend any yuri mangas that touch on religion? whether in a positive or negative light

Not too many of those around. Walk Wit Me is a favourite of mine with some religious symbolism. What else? Her World, maybe?

Browsing dynasty at random I found a couple I haven't read that might fit your request. Here. And here.

If it's fanfics, though, I know a few. This is the sort of stuff that really f-ed me up.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

1) a height gap, where the shorter girl is a top/dom and the higher one is a bottom/sub,
2) an age gap, where the younger girl is a top/dom and the older one is a bottom/sub.
Much obliged.

Bloom Into You, of course. Touko is a pillow queen ;)

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Anyone got recs for yuri manga in 4koma? They're quite fun, im very fine with subtext too.

and I've already read Bocchi The Rock, Comic Girls, Swap Swap, Senpai ga Oyobidesu, and Fujoko to Yuriko

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

Anyone got recs for yuri manga in 4koma? They're quite fun, im very fine with subtext too.

and I've already read Bocchi The Rock, Comic Girls, Swap Swap, Senpai ga Oyobidesu, and Fujoko to Yuriko

Recommending Poor Poor Lips! It is a mixture of comedy and romance! I am unsure if the cartoonish style is up to your taste but I really loved the story enough for me to reread it several times. Sadly, it appears to be incomplete in dynasty-scans but is complete in other sites so there's that!

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

Anyone has good yuri manga recommendations with sudden unexpected pairings? Trope is where MC likes girl A in the beginning but eventually ends up with girl B instead (e.g., All My Love and Lies and Mousou Honey)?

last edited at Dec 30, 2022 1:58AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The obvious recommendation would be A Room For Two. Also A-Channel, Bright and Cheery Amnesia, Chevaliere, Custom Maid, Gal and Otaku can't understand each other, KiraKira☆Study, Koisuru Asteroid, Minori & 100 Ladies, Sakura Trick, Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!, She Gets Girls Every Day., Slow Start, Stardust Telepath, The Demon Girl Next Door, Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san, Under One Roof, Urara Meirochou, Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!, Yumeguri Yurimeguri.

Anyone has good yuri manga recommendations with sudden unexpected pairings? Trope is where MC likes girl A in the beginning but eventually ends up with girl B instead (e.g., All My Love and Lies and Mousou Honey)?

Well Done(,) Pervert

last edited at Dec 30, 2022 6:18AM

joined Jun 15, 2020

First, if this is not a good place to ask, moderators feel free to remove or move.

Context: a lengthy discussion IRL that made me question my prejudice (correct word?, pre conceptions?) of manga with male gay characters/pairs/relationships. Occasionally read "you'll hate it only at first" stories and (for me) non-sensical semi/uke fangirl parodies have left a... bad taste.

So... recommendations about manga with "healthy" gay characters / relationships? Preferably adults, age gap is fine but no adult/teen and student/teacher material.

joined Mar 30, 2022

Much obliged.

Bloom Into You, of course. Touko is a pillow queen ;)

I've already read that one, but thanks for taking your time to answer ^. -

last edited at Jan 1, 2023 7:31PM

joined Mar 30, 2022

The obvious recommendation would be A Room For Two. Also A-Channel, Bright and Cheery Amnesia, Chevaliere, Custom Maid, Gal and Otaku can't understand each other, KiraKira☆Study, Koisuru Asteroid, Minori & 100 Ladies, Sakura Trick, Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!, She Gets Girls Every Day., Slow Start, Stardust Telepath, The Demon Girl Next Door, Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san, Under One Roof, Urara Meirochou, Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!, Yumeguri Yurimeguri.

Well Done(,) Pervert

Futaribeya is a superb one. It's not as intense as other series and doesn't follow the classic two girls meet -> gradually fall in love with each other -> one of them confesses -> they begin to date -> the end archetype, instead blurring the border between platonic and romantic love and topping it with some well-made slice of life. Probably a deterrent for some, but I think this kind of format is reinvigorating.

last edited at Jan 1, 2023 10:51PM

Screenshot_20221211_001243
joined Oct 27, 2022

I think Gunjo deserves more attention!
It's a lot grittier than most stuff on here, but still kind of... real? idk

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

First, if this is not a good place to ask, moderators feel free to remove or move.

Context: a lengthy discussion IRL that made me question my prejudice (correct word?, pre conceptions?) of manga with male gay characters/pairs/relationships. Occasionally read "you'll hate it only at first" stories and (for me) non-sensical semi/uke fangirl parodies have left a... bad taste.

So... recommendations about manga with "healthy" gay characters / relationships? Preferably adults, age gap is fine but no adult/teen and student/teacher material.

If We Leave on the Dot and Our Days Under One Roof by Inui Ayu are both fantastic, and both completed (though the final volume of If We Leave on the Dot is only available via the official MangaPlanet release).

There's also Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend by Usui Shio, and She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat by Yuzaki Sakaomi, which are ongoing. The second one hasn't been scanlated, and so far there's only a single volume available through the official Yen Press release, (volume 2 comes out in March) but it's totally worth the price, IMO; it was one of my favorite releases of last year. Also it recently got a live-action adaptation that's pretty good as well, though it's only available in Japanese for now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.