Forum › Constable Sakuma and Constable Hanaoka Started Dating discussion

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Until you turn forty and realize that you kinda want kids in the long run

I know more people that turned 35 and realized that they really didn't want kids in the long run.

Poor kid is smart but not getting enough support

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

As for this chapter, that mascot reminds me of a certain blue badger...

The main reference in this case is Tokyo's police mascot Pipo-kun (which is likely where Blue Badger gets its influence from too.)

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 8:00AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Well done to that kid for saying what the rest of us men can't. How can you not look when there's a girl that hot right in your line of sight? It's impossible, god damn it!

It's not impossible, in fact it's pretty easy. Please do some self-reflection, and stop staring at people.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I don't think I'd trust those two with raising a kid. At least not yet.
I do wonder what the adoption situation is like in Japan though. Are they open to same-sex couples?

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

What a downer of a comment section. I thought it was a funni chapter

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Some people are too up tight about that stuff- i dont generally disagree but a joke manga isnt a place to care about imo.
especially when its mostly from kids.

The thing about kids people mention 'what about adoption' did stand out as troublesome to me tho. I dont know how its percieved in Japan but it was like the option never occured to the mangaka- like having kids was totally out for 2 girls when they have plenty of options.

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

^Some people are too up tight about that stuff- i dont generally disagree but a joke manga isnt a place to care about imo.

The thing about kids people mention 'what about adoption' did stand out as troublesome to me tho. I dont know how its percieved in Japan but it was like the option never occured to the mangaka- like having kids was totally out for 2 girls when they have plenty of options.

Japan only allows a couple to adopt a child if they are married, and same-sex couples cannot get married in Japan.
But even then, Japan has a very low adoption rate of children.

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 11:27AM

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

-Flirting on the job.
-In front of literal children.
-Wearing a cardboard bus miniature.
This isn't Idiot Couple
This is Goofiest Lovebirds

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Japan only allows a couple to adopt a child if they are married, and same-sex couples cannot get married in Japan.
But even then, Japan has a very low adoption rate of children.

It always baffles me when countries don't allow for same sex couples to adopt. There's so many kids out there that need loving parents and a good home.

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

It always baffles me when countries don't allow for same sex couples to adopt. There's so many kids out there that need loving parents and a good home.

It mainly has to do how marriage works in Japan and how slow they are with changing the system. For marriage the woman has to be registered into the man's family register which is why same-sex couples cannot do that right now. Single mothers are generally looked down upon, and up until not too long ago children born out of wedlock did not have the same rights as "regular" kids when it would come to things such as inheritance.

Japan's adoption system is pretty bad anyway, only around 15% of orphans in childcare institutions actually get adopted (compared to something like 70+% of the UK and the US). Additionally, most adoptions in Japan are adult men getting adopted into families so the family can keep their family name and company through their adopted heir. Ironically this also allows same-sex couples to become recognized as family by adopting the other.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It mainly has to do how marriage works in Japan and how slow they are with changing the system. For marriage the woman has to be registered into the man's family register which is why same-sex couples cannot do that right now. Single mothers are generally looked down upon, and up until not too long ago children born out of wedlock did not have the same rights as "regular" kids when it would come to things such as inheritance.

Japan's adoption system is pretty bad anyway, only around 15% of orphans in childcare institutions actually get adopted (compared to something like 70+% of the UK and the US). Additionally, most adoptions in Japan are adult men getting adopted into families so the family can keep their family name and company through their adopted heir. Ironically this also allows same-sex couples to become recognized as family by adopting the other.

Are you saying that in Japan, if you are gay, you don't marry but get adopted?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I've heard it's a thing that works with gay men and I'm not sure about women...but yeah basically a loophole there.

Edit: Though I've heard least Tokyo as of last month now acknowledges gay couples with a...certificate of being a couple or something? Apologies I'm probably remembering the exact details wrong. Basically there's progress, but definitely a lot of work to be done still.

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 9:23PM

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

It is an option some people opt for, but it's a rather permanent thing that cannot be undone, so it's not a great idea.

Though I've heard least Tokyo as of last month now acknowledges gay couples with a...certificate of being a couple or something? Apologies I'm probably remembering the exact details wrong. Basically there's progress, but definitely a lot of work to be done still.

There are some prefectures that offer some sort of certificate, which aren't recognized legally as marriage certificates, but still provide some similar benefits such as visiting rights when hospitalized.

joined Nov 21, 2018

Edit: Though I've heard least Tokyo as of last month now acknowledges gay couples with a...certificate of being a couple or something? Apologies I'm probably remembering the exact details wrong. Basically there's progress, but definitely a lot of work to be done still.

It's a thing that some specific municipalities are doing to afford same-sex couples some rights that normal married couples have, like hospital visitation rights or rules having to do with renting/mortgages. It's still not the same as nationally-recognized legal marriage though.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

What a flirty chapter. I think Constable Sakuma and Constable Hanaoka started dating

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Civil servants can't take side jobs? Isn't that an incentive to quit?

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Civil servants can't take side jobs? Isn't that an incentive to quit?

They must be a Japanese rule to. When I used to work security, they would hire officers to just stand around in uniform or sit in their cars as a second job.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Everyone in this manga obsessing over Hanaoka's boobs all the time is starting to get pretty uncomfortable. I've never understood this type of humor

joined Mar 13, 2020

The guy just straight up saying it was a bit much lol.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Everyone in this manga obsessing over Hanaoka's boobs all the time is starting to get pretty uncomfortable. I've never understood this type of humor

Yeah, the vibes are off. It's not just a one-off joke here, but more like a running gag. Women with large breasts do get stared at in real life, but I don't know why I'm supposed to find it funny.

It doesn't help that the humor in general consists of "tall girl has big boobs, small girl is otaku". I figured it would still be worth reading for the romance, but Ruru and Shiorin are almost never alone and they always get interrupted, so...

last edited at Jan 16, 2023 10:35AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Are they going to do anything about the creep from page 10 though? Or the other creeps who were openly harassing Hanaoka? As cops shouldn't they be doing something ? This is kinda messed up (^^)

last edited at Jan 16, 2023 3:47PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Are they going to do anything about the creep from page 10 though? Or the other creeps who were openly harassing Hanaoka? As cops shouldn't they be doing something ? This is kinda messed up (^^)

I would assume the peep photographer was dealt with off-screen for the sake of pacing. Also it's a bookstore with at least two floors of goods revolving around boobs. They're not gonna blow their cover to respond to people just going "that girl's got big boobs".

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Re-attatching a bicycle chain is pretty easy

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

This latest chapter is an absolute riot,mate.

MORE!

To reply you must either login or sign up.