Forum › Redefining Hope discussion

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

beautiful

joined Mar 28, 2021

Wow. Great story, wonderful art. “Redefining Human” as much as hope. Splendid.

Kozakuramin%20copy%20(phone)
joined Jul 6, 2018

Oh, I'd love to read a series about them just wandering around this post-apocalyptic world

Munch
joined Mar 23, 2021

if they had that mask the whole time couldn't she just come and go as she pleased?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

if they had that mask the whole time couldn't she just come and go as she pleased?

Maybe they only had enough filters for one trip? There is also an implication that Mama did not want Speranza to leave, so she simply never told her that this was an option.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Realistically you probably cannot go very far with just one mask, not to mention how much of a risk it would be

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah the implication is also like, leaving the safety of the facility is a last resort and Mama would likely not have been able to leave with Speranza.

joined May 1, 2015

Where is the rest?
I want to see this story to the end. I am too invested now.
Hope and Freedom leaving together.
These feels.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠻⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠻⠻⠟⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⡟⠁⢀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣤⣄⣀⣀⣀⣹⣿⣿⣷⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣤⣀⠐⢽⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣶⣿⡿⣛⡒⠒⠒⢒⠒⣲⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⣵⡒⢒⠒⠒⡀⣘⡻⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣏⣞⡛⠃⠀⠀⠸⠷⢿⣧⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣿⣷⣛⣀⣀⣁⣛⣛⣮⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢏⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢻⣿⠏⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠿⠟⢛⣉⣴⣿⡏⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣠⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Oh, I'd love to read a series about them just wandering around this post-apocalyptic world

Literally my first thought. I would love to see more of these two.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Certainly, Speranza was intended to make the journey outside eventually, but she's still very young. I don't think Mama was hiding the air filter so much as she didn't want Speranza to use it doing something stupid without information beforehand, since she's their one shot at fixing this mess.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Maybe they only had enough filters for one trip? There is also an implication that Mama did not want Speranza to leave, so she simply never told her that this was an option.

Yeah- if they need to change every 12hr they must have that bag full of em - and probably not enough to go back- and I get the impression Mama could not leave- she seemed to be powered by the facility. She was probably intending to let her try once she was older.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

This is one that deserves to be a series.

joined Jul 8, 2019

The good thing of this being an one-shot is that if we say that their story continues with they having enough masks for Speranza (which if you dodn't notice is an transliteration of esperanza, "hope" in Spanish) to reah the facility, finding the last surviving scientists to fix the weather satellite, actually doing so, repairing Liberta, returning, restoring Mama's energy, and then living in a bucolic no-longer-postapocaliptic world together... we have no depressing cnon continuation to say otherwise.
So there.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Aww. That was SO pretty.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

This kind of post-apocalyptic, speculative fiction is my jam! Two beings, "born" into a broken world, with no other purpose. The people who made them are long gone. All they have left is each other. Aaahhhh!

Nauticalstar
joined Sep 25, 2022

This needs to be a series.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

We need a "post-apoc" tag of some sort.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

We need a "post-apoc" tag of some sort.

yes we do

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

That was beautiful. Part of me really wants to see this continue and get its happy ending, but a part of me is also very content with where and how things were wrapped up. Also, not gonna lie, Mama willing to "sacrifice" itself so willingly made me tear up a bit. Straight-up MVP there.

As an aside, the whole mask thing, especially after reading the comments, brought some unpleasant memories from my first time playing Metro 2033.

08bfe81a-adc0-4b62-8695-fb0e9feb4b41
joined Nov 14, 2022

Yeah- if they need to change every 12hr they must have that bag full of em - and probably not enough to go back- and I get the impression Mama could not leave- she seemed to be powered by the facility. She was probably intending to let her try once she was older.

Also doesn’t look like the facility had a proper airlock so opening at any point may have irreparably contaminated the inside.

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

wtf is this imma cry

joined Jul 2, 2020

I know it was supposed to be sad but I couldn't help but laugh at the shooting star scene.

joined May 29, 2019

I know it was supposed to be sad but I couldn't help but laugh at the shooting star scene.

you'd think star fragments wouldn't strike the same thing twice but it came for that android like she owed it money

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I don''t understand the monologue at the end. Who is talking, and who is "you"?

To reply you must either login or sign up.