Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

do you think someone with the name honamin realizes how close it is to homonym? do you think they get bullied by people being like "hey homonym you're so cool!" and then pushing them outside during a snow storm without a coat on? are there even japanese homonyms?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Michi-chan is assembling a harem.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

do you think someone with the name honamin realizes how close it is to homonym? do you think they get bullied by people being like "hey homonym you're so cool!" and then pushing them outside during a snow storm without a coat on? are there even japanese homonyms?

Aren't Japanese homonyms mostly how word play and naming characters work in most japanese works? Like, almost all characters in Hitoribocchi were descriptors or short sentences if you said their name fully, if I remember right.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Michi-chan is assembling a harem.

As she should.
The guy who gets freaked out whenever she acts creepy is also part of the harem now. The goal is to get the entire class to join.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I think it's just nice that Michi has some friends in class

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

I have no words to express how much I love this manga

And so what? Jesus's as dead as Buddha but everybody's still all over them! Aren't idols basically the same thing?

Also this line is making my creative juices flow in all the wrong directions. Buddha was the first idol confirmed

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

All ghost romances have happy endings. Someday the MC and the fan girl will be with Aizawa-san - forever.

joined Jul 7, 2020

All ghost romances have happy endings. Someday the MC and the fan girl will be with Aizawa-san - forever.

very true

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Someone is jelly.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Oooo Aizawa's Jealousy was showing bad here. Which is kinda odd in a way as they still haven't talked and didn't talk before this so I guess it's just Aizawa been watching her that much and now has a thing for her? JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER ALREADY.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Surprise, the skipped pages did return. Now the twitter version has been fully adapted.

Though it's still almost entirely new ground: Michi's given a tangible reason to fear Aizawa, Aizawa's starting to fear herself, and someone who shares Michi's power is here. Kasumi's senpai is a total mystery; she was only briefly in the original. You can see their matching hairclip on her bag at the end.

And with Senpai's introduction, the status quo has a time limit. Sooner or later it's going to come out someone can see Aizawa.

Also the author went on record calling Kiyoharu harmless and to have faith.

joined May 11, 2020

Aizawa acting out every Yuri readers fantasy of using telekinesis to scare off a male character.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Losing track of the side characters, not yet enough investment to remember them, but Aizawa sure is getting possessive.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Oh wow this definitely took a turn for the more disturbing. Aizawa was visually drawn with some serious dark vibes this chapter, like malicious not just to the guy but potentially to the main character. She did act out when the mc showed some of her social skills improving. It feels like associating with Aizawa may not be that good for the main character after all if it turns out she’s not just a goofball but actually acts like an evil spirit, going haywire and being legitimately physically threatening (as we’ve begun to hint at with the paper cut) whenever something triggers her. Makes me wonder how much of the full/real Aizawa is here and whether becoming a ghost had changed her disposition in any way. Mc also brings up a question as to what exactly is binding Aizawa to the classroom.

last edited at Nov 15, 2022 2:21AM

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

Now we're cooking with gas!!!!

joined Apr 26, 2022

Someone's jelly

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Somehow I missed checking this out. I generally dislike ghost/girl romance stories- after all, there is only 2 ways to end it- and both kinda suck lol.

Ok, so there's a third where they get together but can't interact- but that would be pretty lame too.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Oho? Yandere ghost? pog

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Who let the lesbian ghost have powers? That would never end well.

last edited at Nov 15, 2022 6:53AM

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

yandere ghost arc

C6w4tblwoaaksdj
joined Mar 25, 2021

she actually is cute with that hair

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Uh, Aizawa-san is scary now. Could there be something like ghosts becoming more and more malicious and less and less human the longer they stay around? Because in some ways it looks like even Aizawa herself is shocked at what happened.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Somehow I missed checking this out. I generally dislike ghost/girl romance stories- after all, there is only 2 ways to end it- and both kinda suck lol.

Ok, so there's a third where they get together but can't interact- but that would be pretty lame too.

There's always the "they were only half dead and in a coma" ending.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Uh, Aizawa-san is scary now. Could there be something like ghosts becoming more and more malicious and less and less human the longer they stay around? Because in some ways it looks like even Aizawa herself is shocked at what happened.

Maybe she is shocked because she didn’t expect her negative feelings to manifest themselves like this. The first time we see her using her “powers” was out of a noble cause — to help Kasumi find her hairclip that ended up on top of a locker — so she never would have guessed they are (1) potentially threatening to others and (2) sometimes out of her control.

As a former idol, specially with her persona*, I think it’s safe to say that she herself probably never thought she was capable of doing something potentially harmful to others.

*Also, given how she behaves when thinking no one can see her as a ghost, the story makes it a point to show she really is a nice girl who tragically passed. Someone who believes herself to only bare pure and positive feelings can be surprised when something external proves that she is capable of baring ill intent.

The moral of Chapter 5 can be summed up as:
Jealousy (envy towards someone who is favoured by your “object” of affection) is, after all, one of the deadly sins.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I don't necessarily think that this is the start of Aizawa turning malevolent, but something definitely unintentionally leaked there. The way I see it, she's a lot more jealous and/or protective/possessive than anything else, and she might've been surprised by that display of her power, but more than that she was mortified at the possibility and sight of having hurt Michi.

I'm not 100% certain what is the reason for her protectiveness of Michi; two random thoughts are that there was something in the past between them that we'll learn of in the future, or that her time second-handedly interacting with Michi has made some flowers bloom. Or she's a fierce yuri shipper and will not let any dude destroy her paradise. Also it is absurd that by this point they still manage to act like Michi cannot see her. I find this amusing and I appreciate this sort of consistency.

Speaking of shipping, seems to me like Kasumi seemed mighty intent on trying to make her senpai jealous. I mean I assumed she was at least an admirer of her senpai, but this was shown to perhaps be a bit more than that. Personally, I do not approve, but we'll see where this ship sails.

I do not think that senpai is capable of regularly seeing Aizawa, but that this was either an exceptional case after Aizawa's outburst or that she does have the capability but in a much less potent form than Michi's. Not sure which of those I'd prefer, but again, we'll see where the ship sails.

Also, to be honest, the series got me good with the dude, I legit thought he was talking to Aizawa.

last edited at Nov 15, 2022 7:17AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.