Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The plot thickens... Honami was cursed somehow. I mean, someone had to have left that star on her desk. Someone placed this barrier for her on purpose. Who did that? A jealous classmate? A jealous idol? Honami herself? The circumstances around her death were not revealed yet, so what if she met with something supernatural before her passing??
Damn I am curious af now.

I am also really curious why the ghost likes her so much when she said before she didn't really interact with people.

Gay reasons. She's gay. Gay ghost. It's a crush.

last edited at Dec 15, 2022 8:03PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

I can't put it into words. And I don't really know why. But somehow this feels different from mangas in general. And that's not a bad thing.

It's an extremely "full" manga that you can't boil down to a specific set of tropes or even a particular genre. It's comedy, horror, romance, mystery, drama, and slice of life friendship all in one.

C6w4tblwoaaksdj
joined Mar 25, 2021

The plot thickens... Honami was cursed somehow. I mean, someone had to have left that star on her desk. Someone placed this barrier for her on purpose. Who did that? A jealous classmate? A jealous idol? Honami herself? The circumstances around her death were not revealed yet, so what if she met with something supernatural before her passing??
Damn I am curious af now.

I am also really curious why the ghost likes her so much when she said before she didn't really interact with people.

Gay reasons. She's gay. Gay ghost. It's a crush.

what being gay does to you

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

woah supernatural stuff

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

curiouser and couriouser

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I feel like the lack of guys in yuri manga are missed potential. I know they aren't what people want to see... but consider the comedic potential

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I am going to put it on the record that at this point in time, this story is incredible. if that changes, I will be sad

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I feel like the lack of guys in yuri manga are missed potential. I know they aren't what people want to see... but consider the comedic potential

We have Seta-kun. He’s a nice addition. But it’s enough guys, it’s not about them. Too many side characters are a pain, anyways. (imo)

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

well, talk about a possessive gf. (pun)

Img-20230104-wa0002
joined Dec 16, 2022

Oooh so the hairstyle of chapter 5 was a set up

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

So she is some sort of natural medium whose power is going through some kind of development that allowed her to project her soul and make her the anchor of Honami.... The plot is indeed getting thick

Bingbong
joined Mar 1, 2022

i was already interested in the story, but now im REALLY interested

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I am going to put it on the record that at this point in time, this story is incredible. if that changes, I will be sad

As much as I love the Kase San series I don't like how all the guys in it are faceless idiots

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

i love how this is set up as a ghost romcom but it also feels like it could go horribly wrong at any moment

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

This is getting better and better. I gather that mark meant she's now bound to Kurotori?

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Huh, not sure what any of this means. Was the mark always there? Considering that the one on Micchi just suddenly appeared it might have been triggered by something? Also its curious to see that in the dream Micchi was the one seeking out Aizawa rather than the other way around, so more than Aizawa possessing her, it seems more like Micchi bound the ghost to her person unconsciously. I wonder if there's any significance to the fact that she was aged down to elementary school age where she was less careful about not interacting with ghosts?

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

A cursed mark has appeared. I wonder if this is gonna be some kind of summoning jutsu. XD

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Huh, not sure what any of this means. Was the mark always there? Considering that the one on Micchi just suddenly appeared it might have been triggered by something? Also its curious to see that in the dream Micchi was the one seeking out Aizawa rather than the other way around, so more than Aizawa possessing her, it seems more like Micchi bound the ghost to her person unconsciously. I wonder if there's any significance to the fact that she was aged down to elementary school age where she was less careful about not interacting with ghosts?

That's exactly what happened, Micchi invited Aizawa to her. The mark was transferred to within the school in the dream but escalated to marking her herself after. As for what triggered the dream, I'm curious if it was because Micchi saw the mark under the desk but it could mean the guy dreamt about her too. But then the next day, the other friend who didn't see the mark dreamt about her as well but this could be a red herring. Seeing the mark as a trigger for the dream could be a red herring as well or the guy did dream about her but they didn't interact. Her being an elem kid in the dream could very well imply that she experienced such dream before when she was at that age that's why she wasn't surprised nor scared that she was interacting with a ghost in that dream.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Prior apologies for wall of text. While reading the chapter I was questioning what is it exactly that Aizawa is bound to. If it were the classroom, I wondered whether picking up a floor tile from the classroom and taking it outside would also allow her to move outside, kinda like a reverse ship of Theseus sort of thing. I sort of got an answer to it, I guess. I think it's fairly clear that the triple-A pentagram is either what she is bound to or what determines where she can manifest; near or around what she can be. I thought it couldn't be explained, but Aizawa not being able to leave school was probably because Michi specifically mentioned "...when I'm with you, just when we're at school...", so it may be that the pentagram is the symbol of a pact rather than a curse or a charm.

I also think it's fairly safe to assume that rather than a full-on dream, Michi was projected into the real-life classroom, and actually talked to Aizawa. All that would directly relate to, but not explain, why she was "marked" with the pentagram. That said, if it really is the symbol of a pact, then this lends an explanation to why Michi had it on her. The reason her younger image was projected is also a question that the chapter directly raises. I'd guess it has something to do with either a period in her life she was more comfortable talking to ghosts, or something that relates to the origins of her ability.

I am also still deeply curious as to why Aizawa is so attached to Michi. We still know pretty much nothing about Aizawa, so it could very well have been either a long-lasting attachment that for some reason was never tapped into or a post-death kind of thing.

I honestly think it's impressive how surprisingly good this series has been. The comedy on point, the questions raised wholeheartedly engaging, the characters are lovely, and the balance between fluff and this feeling that there is a lot more under the surface is fantastic. I'm surprisingly invested in the various questions this series has raised, and really look forward to further developments.

Other thoughts: assuming that I'm correct about the pentagram, if it wanted, the series could also play out a route where Aizawa is comatose rather than dead, and once either the pentagram is removed or whatever caused it is dealt with, she'd then wake up. Could make a cool moment if that was the first time she'd actually spoken in the series.

When I first saw the pentagram, the first thing that came to my mind was a barrage of AAAAAAAAA memes, and I wanted to dub it the AAAAAAAA pentagram. I do not know what it actually means, though. My thought was that usually, these things lead to babbling about Jewish mythos, but that pentagram doesn't correspond to anything I know about it so that probably isn't where the answer lies.

Well I got some ships after this chapter. MC's friend might have a crush on new girl since she was blushing after the compliment.

How wasn't this absolutely clear to everyone here the moment she mentioned where she got the hairclip from. How long have we all been reading yuri already?

Exactly

To me, it was still in the realm of possibilities that it was intense admiration more than romantic interest that she displayed toward her senpai. What cemented it as more than that was the interaction between the two. Part of me still really ships Kasumi with Michi, though.

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 8:10AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She really loves her new flowers. ^_^

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

the story is really interesting,can't wait for more

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 1:57PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

well, talk about a possessive gf. (pun)

Thanks for a good laugh.

joined Nov 22, 2019

As much as I love the Kase San series I don't like how all the guys in it are faceless idiots

I think its funny. Plus, there was the recent guy who was the prince of that flower show Yamada liked, who came and taught at her college causing a whole bunch of jealous drama with Kase, and the prince ended up giving some pretty good advice to Kase about how her jealousy could damage her and Yamada's relationship.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Here's chapter 6's suitably spooky release art.
This is the first fully original chapter—the others adapting bits and pieces from the twitter version—and it's out the gate running.

The pentagram mark raises so many questions: Was it put there by someone? Why? It's unlikely to have been anyone outside school, and it adds some suspicion to the line that Aizawa's desk has been kept relatively untouched. Was the mark removed after Michi's dream dive, or did she simply figure out how to duplicate it? And how long is it going to take whatever made it to notice? It seems like the first real sign something sinister's going on. And just a bit of idle speculation: if Aizawa's body can be sealed, could her voice be sealed too?

While Aizawa's been growing as a ghost (and the issue of her struggling to control her powers hasn't begun to be solved) Michi clearly has some hidden potential of her own. Her being elementary school age in the dream is significant. We know that's back when she didn't fully understand her powers and was more open to interacting with ghosts; was she subconsciously reverting to when she would have spoken to Aizawa? Or to when her powers were at their strongest before she started rejecting them?

Dream Michi is also uncannily familiar with manipulating the rules. It seems like Aizawa's still bound to the classroom, getting sent back the moment Michi leaves and waiting there for her to return, but she's added the condition that, so long as Michi's at school, Aizawa can be with her. Maybe she isn't powerful enough to delete the old mark and remove the school limitation?

As a side note, I like the sense of disassociation between dream and dreamer. Little things like Michi's face being out of frame when she first speaks to Aizawa, something she wouldn't do. This manga has a lot of neat framing that gets into your subconscious.

In any case it's a great step forward for them, keeping things from getting stale while retaining the mystery.

I can't put it into words. And I don't really know why. But somehow this feels different from mangas in general. And that's not a bad thing.

It's an extremely "full" manga that you can't boil down to a specific set of tropes or even a particular genre. It's comedy, horror, romance, mystery, drama, and slice of life friendship all in one.

To add to that, it's incredibly information rich. With no guide to the supernatural and hesitating to talk to Aizawa, Michi (and us) are left constantly guessing and finding new details. While safely staying in the cute SoL setup, the world keeps subtly expanding, using every character as a resource.

• Kasumi is the friendly comforting one, connected to her mysterious senpai that sees Aizawa. Who by the way wants to meet Michi, which is going to be interesting now that Aizawa and Michi are bound together. While I'm wary of her, I doubt she's responsible for Aizawa since she didn't recognize her.

• Reona is the manic social butterfly who allows Michi to talk about Aizawa in her earshot and keeps us in-the-know on De:Lphinus. It's great we get hints of how they're progressing in the background. Even without really debuting as characters, they stay in focus, sure to be relevant later.

• Seta is the superstitious dork, giving an outlet to bring up supernatural topics Michi would otherwise try to ignore. And he's the link to the drama club, which I am unreasonably suspicious of. They are the ones organizing a play about seeing ghosts. The stuff about exorcisms and jokes about everyone's lives being in danger might be more serious than they seem.

It's fantastically constructed so far, every chapter setting up greater mysteries and subplots while keeping the tone light and fun. Aizawa's situation is undeniably tragic (I mean look at her sleeping on the floor) but she's the final piece, being so playful and expressive despite never saying a word. She single-handedly stops this manga from being horribly depressing, which is funny given she's the victim in all this.

joined Aug 1, 2022

Im saying it now, i hope nothing bad happens to Michi and Aizawa. Michi can become a badass supernatural ghost hunter with Aizawa as her yuri assistant. I will keep this fantasy up until im forced to leave it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.