Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

"Why is my heart thumping ? Is this... the satisfaction of a job worth doing ?"

Okay, that's a new one.

Really looking forward to how this develops. Lapis' past, her relationship with Natori, and the direction Diana will take are all intriguing to me.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Natori getting hit with the good old ludonarrative dissonance. Next you'll tell me the evil dragon king doesn't actually fight in a match 3 game.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

oh boy you are going to cause SO much trauma for these people by being a squishy hooman.
i wonder how the heroine will react now that shes harmed a harmless bean.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

lmao whose idea was it to have these teenagers fight with such powerful and dangerous magic?

joined May 1, 2015

Interesting, Diana chan is strong, smart and an agressive fighter.
Her fighting style is different than Lapis so I can see how she could overpower an over confident Lapis.
Now that Natori has been hurt, that single event already changed the course of both Diana and Lapis's future.
This story looks promising even though we have the same cliche of noble vs. commoners.

joined Apr 16, 2022

This chapter gives me so much more faith in the manga. I had not expected Lapis to be a straight-up awful person who was manipulating Diana from the start (complete with a literal chess board lmao). Natori is still not a particularly compelling protagonist but Lapis plus the amazing art have rocketed this manga to the top tier of my ongoing manga list already.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

First isekai I see the protag acknowledges the real fantasy world doesn't have a gacha gameplay.

20220308_002456
joined Mar 8, 2022

Yay chapter 2 finally! Also i can't tell if Lapis is actively trying to seduce the MC or not

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Traumatizing both the protag and the villainess by almost dying in the tutorial? That's one way to change the course of events. Kudos to OL for such a bold move.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

This chapter gives me so much more faith in the manga. I had not expected Lapis to be a straight-up awful person who was manipulating Diana from the start (complete with a literal chess board lmao). Natori is still not a particularly compelling protagonist but Lapis plus the amazing art have rocketed this manga to the top tier of my ongoing manga list already.

I mean at least she knows that commoners act "barbaric" because they're uneducated. I think she's smart enough that if someone she respected pointed out it was due to lack of access to said education and suggested a viable implementation of public schooling she wouldn't be too against it - it'd make for competent dogs, at the very least...?

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

diana depression arc incoming after almost killing someone

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

thanks for the translation. I currently like their silly little dynamic going on, though I feel very weird about Diana's reaction at the end, maybe something potentially bad.

Also since I was bored the chess opening you see in pg 59 is the ruy lopez morphy defense columbus variation.

last edited at Nov 7, 2022 10:36PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Really looks good. Interesting so far...

joined Jul 21, 2020

lmao whose idea was it to have teenagers fight with such powerful and dangerous magic?

Hogwarts academy?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

tbh, every office worker should have the chance to be summoned by a villainess

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

this is fun enough, even if it's an entry in a well-established genre, but damned if its action scenes aren't hard to follow

joined Dec 13, 2018

lmao whose idea was it to have these teenagers fight with such powerful and dangerous magic?

It's probably fine between people and beasts with magic, and probably fine if the completely unprotected office lady doesn't leave her protection circle

It's like tanks shooting at each other with light machine gun tracers but some idiot running between the tanks

last edited at Nov 8, 2022 12:41AM

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

It's just 2 chapters and I'm going crazy about this two's skinship

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

I'm hooked, I can't wait to see more of this =w=

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I had not expected Lapis to be a straight-up awful person who was manipulating Diana from the start (complete with a literal chess board lmao).

I'm not taking her word for that just yet ^^

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Lapis Tenembrae one seems half-and-half. The villainess, Claire, in "My choice is the villainess" is about 75% good and 25% bad, and her badness is her ignorance and how she was raised. In "Doom Flags" Katarina Claes is basically just spoiled and her only real evil is that when things fall apart around her she loses control and attacks the heroine with a knife - either she's stopped by Geordo killing her with his sword or she manages to wound the heroine, but then Keith kills her with magic. Her relationship with Keith is bad, too, but she's right about her fiance, Geordo. And if she were a generic genuinely evil villainess, then Katarina would fight the heroine for Alan or Nicol, and she doesn't even bother them. So all in all, Lapis is at least evil-er than most of the popular villainesses.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

"Why is my heart thumping ? Is this... the satisfaction of a job worth doing ?"

Okay, that's a new one.

Imagine she realizes she has a praise kink lol

joined Mar 23, 2022

omg didn't expect this is made by neko tarou, is this an original manga? I thought this came from a novel base from the title itself. damn I'm liking the story so far.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Satisfaction of a job worth doing, sure... :D

And sure is fun reading all the comments of the first chapter now that the villainess has been revealed as a proper villainess indeed.

last edited at Nov 8, 2022 7:27AM

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

We need a Chapter 3&4 asap.

To reply you must either login or sign up.