Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ah yes, the classical Tiger vs. Dragon contrast. :-)

Also, Taiga is being unexpectedly wise here.

With experience comes wisdom

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

I hope this manga goes on forever lol.

joined May 29, 2021

Yeah I think this is the first time it’s been mentioned that Taiga is part of an agency. Before she easily could have been independent, but I guess she works with Not!Hololive basically. Considering how prevent business yuri is in that scene I guess that could easily be used as a plot point to make things move forward a bit.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

As a Twitch partnered vtuber, the idea of adding agencies to vtubing and just turning it into like, kpop, sits uncomfortable with me lmao

I WISH I could just start and have 33k viewers though like holy shit.

joined May 29, 2021

As a Twitch partnered vtuber, the idea of adding agencies to vtubing and just turning it into like, kpop, sits uncomfortable with me lmao

I mean agencies have been a thing since almost the beginning. Even Kizuna Ai was the result of a small group rather than a single person. And the sheer popularity of vtubers, which was what started the boom of independent ones, was undoubtedly started by Hololive. So it’s not like agencies haven’t been involved pretty much from the start.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

lol be careful out there

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Ahahaha, as soon as she started mouthing off, I had a feeling she'd be afflicted with computers and bodies and brains immediately.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Aha, poor little pon dragon. Stage fright is a vicious thing.

Welcome to the world of agency vtubers. These days, new members of Hololive will have hundreds of thousands of Youtube subscribers (basically like followers on Twitch) before they even debut, with massive turnouts on their debut streams, and much more. Being part of a recognized and popular vtuber agency really helps boost individual popularity.

last edited at Oct 14, 2022 1:44PM

joined May 1, 2015

Tiger x Dragon.
It is a classic

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Wisdom is overrated.

Just look at d&d or any other rpg. Wisdom: most useless stat hands down.

Better invest your experience gains in something else.

joined Oct 2, 2021

I think they meant real life, not an RPG.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I will never begrudge someone a well-timed Keikaku (means "plan").

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I will never begrudge someone a well-timed Keikaku (means "plan").

It's always more inspiring to say "Just as planned" when what you actually mean is "That went better than expected".

joined Aug 29, 2019

I don't get the reference in the central panel on this page. Can anyone help me out?

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 10:17AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I don't get the reference in the central panel on this page. Can anyone help me out?

The bottom one is Doppo Orochi from Baki the Grappler.
The top one mixes Parasyte with a quote from Ro-kyu-bu.
(Not entirely sure about guy on left)

joined Apr 30, 2021

Wisdom is overrated.

Better invest your experience gains in something else.

3.5 Druid agrees to disagree.

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 12:49PM

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

Taiga is such a wise girl.

joined Dec 13, 2020

Wisdom is overrated.

The party follows the dark corridor to a square hall. There's an ancient leather-bound book resting on a stone pedestal in the middle of the room, and a closed door at the opposite wall. The party scholar tries to read the book.

1) He succeeds at his Read Ancient Calligraphy check, but fails at his Obscure Linguistics check and his Decipher Coded Script check:

"This is written in ancient Rivellian. It’s about... uh... I think it says: 'Whomsoever enters this room, they shall...' um... this word is like... literally it means ‘unbecome,’ but it was used as a euphemism for death, pooping, and — wait, when was this written? Was it in the 5th century? Cuz it was a euphemism for sex too in the 5th century. Behind that door is either a cursed crypt, a bathroom, or the royal bedroom.”

2) He fails his Read Ancient Calligraphy check and his Decipher Coded Script check, but succeeds at his Obscure Linguistics check:

“You guys, I’ve gotta be honest, okay? I recognize the language, but this thing’s written in some kind of weird localized dialect, and I’ve only ever studied the standard form of the language. I mean, this part right here... it talks about the fires inside a flood. I can’t even tell if it’s some kind of error, or an obscure slang phrase... whatever it is, I have no idea what the fuck it means.”

3) He fails his Read Ancient Calligraphy check and his Obscure Linguistics check, but succeeds at his Decipher Coded Script check:

“Okay, see, the problem is, in one dialect, this word is the name of a Demon of lust and rape, but in a completely different language from the same area that has the same writing system and gave a lot of loan words to the first, it means ‘horse’ - and the context is really not helping. I'd say this is either a poem about horse riding or a nasty sex guide. It might be both. I want a shower."

4) He fails everything but succeeds at a Wisdom check:

“You know what? This thing is bound in human skin and the walls are bleeding. Let’s just leave.”

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I kinda agree with Draco, you can't use something you're not as your gimmick

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The bottom one is Doppo Orochi from Baki the Grappler.
The top one mixes Parasyte with a quote from Ro-kyu-bu.
(Not entirely sure about guy on left)

The guy holding the knife is from Tsukiji Uogashi Sandaime. I don't know what it is about but that scene is fairly popular for redraws. No idea who is the boy to his right tho.

last edited at Oct 24, 2022 6:16PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

wasn´t expecting a baki reference on a yuri manga greatly apreciated tho

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

4) He fails everything but succeeds at a Wisdom check:

“You know what? This thing is bound in human skin and the walls are bleeding. Let’s just leave.”

Epic. :)

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

Finally Author tackled my favorite thing about vtubers,
Kayfabing Gone Wrong Gone Spicy ;)

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Once again the story of Oozora Subaru comes to the fore.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Once again the story of Oozora Subaru comes to the fore.

Shuba is better at being a duck than a tomboy...

To reply you must either login or sign up.