Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

2021-02-06%2003_35_00-window
joined Aug 12, 2018

The act of marking her entire body so she wouldn't be able to do the shoot for her job, yeah that's not healthy jealously in my book my man, that's possessiveness aimed to interfere with what she can and can't do for her JOB, in a manga about a girl trying to get her life together, yeah it's kinda yikes

Haru didnt seem to mind

The eyes of a happy woman innit

joined Mar 8, 2016
  1. The shoot was over.

2. Doubtful she was paid anything over her hourly wage for that shoot anyway, which is exploitative in a different way.

3. You're projecting your own feelings into a drawing. There are certainly other ways to read that expression.

Also, she never says "no, stop, that hurts, dont leave marks," etc. If it was an issue for her, given the dynamics of their relationship as depicted, pretty sure she would have spoken up. After all, it takes some time to leave a full-body's worth of hickeys.

last edited at Oct 23, 2022 10:46AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Possessive. But she likes it.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

The act of marking her entire body so she wouldn't be able to do the shoot for her job, yeah that's not healthy jealously in my book my man, that's possessiveness aimed to interfere with what she can and can't do for her JOB, in a manga about a girl trying to get her life together, yeah it's kinda yikes

Haru didnt seem to mind

The eyes of a happy woman innit

They’re the eyes of a woman who’s turned on and probably orgasmed based on the previous page, pretty sure she’s happy, and satisfied. Pretty safe assumption that’s also a look of someone who just found a way to entice her usually passive lover to be more proactive in their bedroom activities.

Plus That job was a one off thing, meaning it isn’t even a requirement for her real job and something she was asked, and Haru even said she would only consider, not promise, doing it again so it might not even be something happens a second time, or maybe it will if she gets the urge to have part 2 of Hii-Chan being more proactive.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

That's pretty clearly safe sane and consensual if I've ever seen it, plus Haru was smiling in the pages before.
This is one of those situations where one person gets to see a side of their partner that someone else managed to bring out, gets jealous, and that jealousy is converted into lust because the sexual department is their space of exclusivity.

Plus it's fucking hot to mark your lover.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

I like the way the extras show more intimate yet flawed sides to the characters. Volume 1 has Haru struggling to satisfy Hinoto, which Hinoto's completely content with regardless. And in 2 we see easygoing Hinoto getting fiercely possessive. She must be good at keeping that down, considering she's even joked about it before, but she can't always hold it in. Even then I'm sure she would have stopped if Haru was against it. She's extremely considerate of Haru, just her impulsiveness gets out of hand sometimes. Like we're seeing in chapter 11.

But it's those realistic imperfections that make them so endearing, and what makes this manga so fantastically genuine.

I thought it was strange Haru mentions it's rare for Hinoto to initiate, because Hinoto's always the one taking the lead after they get started. But thinking back, Haru generally does something flirty to give Hinoto the go-ahead first. So I guess she holds herself back until Haru signals she's comfortable? Haru was the self-conscious one about their relationship early on. It's cute the way they have things worked out.

joined Feb 10, 2022

Am I the only one who think may Naruko like Haru? Sometimes I feel like she likes Haru, and Megumi have noticed it and getting jealous.
Hopefully no cause if Naruko likes Haru then would be sad cause she doesnt stand a chance

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Btw why is the English title different than the Japanese one?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That went better than feared, and may give them more flexibility in their future plans. Although she still doesn't have the job yet.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Sweet IRL problems that everyone must face once they reach certain age

Always reminding us that Life is anything but a perfect flower decorated road

If a relationship survives this kind of thing then for sure thats a relationship that is worth fighting for

joined Jan 14, 2020

If Haru does get the job, how will she get to it, if it's far enough to need a motorcycle ride?

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

English and Japanese are different languages

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Here's the MAD from the credits. I just thought it was well put together.

I probably shouldn't be surprised anymore at the mature approach this manga takes to drama, though I was nervous. There's such a sense of mutual love and trust binding them. Haru stomachs her initial feelings of betrayal, but what really eats away at her is seeing Hinoto's guilt; guilt she recognizes Hinoto's only bearing because she's shouldering too much for her sake. Of course Hinoto's impulsiveness keeps getting the better of her, along with some implied confidence issues she compensates by being overprotective.

Hopefully this is the start of them coming out stronger and confiding in each other more. The bittersweet awkwardness is just a symptom of them healing. But it's charming while it lasts. The kiss on the hand in the breakroom, and the seemingly failed kiss between panels, their faces not getting any closer as the wind dies down.

They want each other back so badly and there's no reason to think they won't get there. The measure of a good couple isn't if they never fight, but how well they make up.

Just for style. An early draft came with It's Summer With You, which is closer to the Japanese, though judging by the dummy text obviously a placeholder. The translated title I ended up using was Into a Summer I Never Knew, With You.

I like the name Throw Away the Suit Together. It's memorable and gets to the point, plus it's cool having titles with alternate meanings.

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

:/ such is the difficulties of deciding you need to do something unpleasant in hopes that in the future it all pays off. sadge

joined Apr 1, 2013

the most realistic slice of life manga i so want to see an anime based off this manga it has potential i love how the artist draws these characters

joined Jan 3, 2020

Yeah, an anime would have potential here. I think it'd be even better as a 60 or 90 minute OVA though, actually. There isn't -that- much plot, and the cast is pretty small, so it works in that format.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Throw away the suit....yet she wears a suit to an interview. Sigh.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Heh, this is hard to swallow when youre at the age when you need to start finding job...

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Dem feels ;_; I actually got a bit teary eyed after Haru slapped Hii chan :( I hope everything will be fine.

last edited at Feb 25, 2023 4:11PM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Dang, this was a pretty sad development. The series started with them rejecting what's "normal", and running away to be together, and now it's looking like the world has beaten them: they're headed towards office jobs, and are going to be apart, at least for what's looking to be a good while. Major bummer.

joined Aug 1, 2022

Im holding on to hope slipping through my hands like the sands of time. Looking for employment is always rough and the world doesnt make it easy. The interview hit so close to home for me. I was surprised at the slap but im glad they talked openly and I'm begging for a happy future for them!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The slap was actually the best part of this chapter. It should have happened on page 10, but Haru was still pretending that empty platitudes helped the situation. Hii done fucked up, and Haru was only making it worse by lying that it didn't hurt her. I do not condone violence in any relationship, but the slap was something to convey to Hii how hurtful her lack of trust has been. It was an honest and raw expression of Haru's emotional pain, and it kind of broke down the dam that allowed the subsequent conversation to happen. Now, even if they have failed to escape the outside world, they are still in it together, rather than kept apart by lies. Their situation and prospects are shitty, and it will take more time to heal the rift between them, but at least they can hold each other tightly again at the end of the chapter.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Throw away the suit....yet she wears a suit to an interview. Sigh.

Interview suit is just a sticky habit/tradition. Interviewees try to balance between being seen from the crowd, but not standing out from it. Kind of hard to do sincerely.

If you're wearing a suit, at least you're not sending any negative signals to those who are asking the questions.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Not even gonna try to unpack this.
Just tear out my heart and stomp to pieces why don't you?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Dang, this was a pretty sad development. The series started with them rejecting what's "normal", and running away to be together, and now it's looking like the world has beaten them: they're headed towards office jobs, and are going to be apart, at least for what's looking to be a good while. Major bummer.

The world is a very mean and nasty place and will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let it, it aint about how hard you hit, it about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward... Thats how you win in life and thats is what they need to do

To reply you must either login or sign up.