Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

joined Mar 23, 2022

when reality hit you hard.oohhh boiii here comes the storm,

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, yes, that sure won't cause any misunderstandings...

Maybe Hinoto can attend remotely and just travel back for exams? She might not have to go back for the whole year.

One would certainly hope so.

last edited at Sep 5, 2022 8:09AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Wouldn’t be fair to the other employees”?—lol. In the US, that’s a selling point.

To paraphrase the movie Unforgiven, “Fair’s got nothing to do with it.”

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh woe, a misunderstanding.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Once again, capitalism's brutal working conditions rear their ugly head and aim to destroy the joy of two lesbiabs. Woe.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

That's one of the biggest problem in Japan. If you're not a college graduate of "something", you basically can't be hired for a desk job. Especially women. Even if it's a job you can do without any degree. The classic: no diploma no hiring, no hiring no experience, no experience no hiring.

Western job market is a bit more flexible, but Japanese companies hire almost exclusively graduates. And hiring non graduates would probably provoke anger in the already hired staff ("I bust my ass to graduate, why is this person getting the same job as me") even if the person is uber-competent and it would lead to workplace bullying.

I was looking at a video for people wanting to live in Japan, and the guy was like: have a degree. It'll make things for you MUCH easier. People will respect you. If you don't, they'll look down on you and you'll have a hard time finding a job.

Wow. And I thought we had credentialism.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Im gonna perhaps get a chunk of hate for this but i do really think finishin their education is the best... Like her aunt said, its just a year, to obtain something you must sacrifice something even if it sucks to do it, specially if you actually want a stable job that requires education for it bc its clear they want stable income... And yeah i know "having education doesnt guarantee that you will get a good job blah blah blah" but it helps, it really does

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Now the artist can writes and draws as many drama episode she wants.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Im gonna perhaps get a chunk of hate for this but i do really think finishin their education is the best... Like her aunt said, its just a year, to obtain something you must sacrifice something even if it sucks to do it, specially if you actually want a stable job that requires education for it bc its clear they want stable income... And yeah i know "having education doesnt guarantee that you will get a good job blah blah blah" but it helps, it really does

I actually agree that finishing one's education is a good idea... but safeguarding one's mental health is an even better one, and the protagonists of this manga have found themselves at a juncture where they had (and still have) to choose one over the other. Ruining your mental health for the sake of a stable career and income is kind of like grinding for 40 years to retire early, then spending your remaining life in and out of a hospital because your body is a wreck -- but hey, at least you can cover all those medical bills, right? Is self-defeating, is what I am trying to say. :-/

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I actually agree that finishing one's education is a good idea... but safeguarding one's mental health is an even better one, and the protagonists of this manga have found themselves at a juncture where they had (and still have) to choose one over the other. Ruining your mental health for the sake of a stable career and income is kind of like grinding for 40 years to retire early, then spending your remaining life in and out of a hospital because your body is a wreck -- but hey, at least you can cover all those medical bills, right? Is self-defeating, is what I am trying to say. :-/

Economic insecurity is absolutely murder on one's mental health

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Once again, capitalism's brutal working conditions rear their ugly head and aim to destroy the joy of two lesbiabs. Woe.

Yes, they should have looked in Venezuela....

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Isn’t it a given of the story that, all things being equal, it would be better to finish one’s university education, but that these particular people found it too onerous to do so?

And the story is that we watch them deal with the consequences of that decision.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, it's true that trying to adopt an economic system which will cause the world's biggest military, espionage and economic power to go after you is unlikely to work out well. But that has little to do with the specifics of what you're doing, and mostly to do with the empire not liking you.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Economic insecurity is absolutely murder on one's mental health

True, and when you put it like that, the protags' situation becomes even more depressing. :-(

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Another good story, I understand all sides, tough call, well written story.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Well, it's true that trying to adopt an economic system which will cause the world's biggest military, espionage and economic power to go after you is unlikely to work out well. But that has little to do with the specifics of what you're doing, and mostly to do with the empire not liking you.

Yep to the last one

joined Jan 14, 2020

Actually it can have a whole lot to do with the specifics of what you're doing, but we probably shouldn't argue about Venezuela in this thread.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

This is actually starting to remind me even more of The aquatope in white sand, when Kukuru and Fuka both realize that their goals and their credentials don't line up. With this having the advantage that it's not stuck in yuri-baiting hell. (I kid, sort of… Aquatope gave up on all relationships in the second cours and just concentrated on career stuff and didn't kill off its subtext. But still…)

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Wild

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

The best thing in YH right now.

joined May 10, 2021

Those extra sure are spicy.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

That's a lot of hickey marks, oh my.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Marked her territory...

2021-02-06%2003_35_00-window
joined Aug 12, 2018

the fuck is this sudden toxic attitude in a relationship that was super pure and beautiful up until now :( thanks i hate it

today in "poorly aged things":

last edited at Oct 23, 2022 9:56AM

joined Mar 8, 2016

the fuck is this sudden toxic attitude in a relationship that was super pure and beautiful up until now :( thanks i hate it

today in "poorly aged things":

Today in "overreactions."

Jealousy and possessiveness are things even people in healthy relationships have to navigate and process. One way would be to utilize it as sex fuel, as Hinoto does here. As Haru points out, Hii-chan doesn't usually initiate. Getting a little jealous stoked her fire, Haru didnt seem to mind any part of the scene.

People's obsession with "purity" is fucking creepy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.