Forum › A Kiss for the Girls' Scars discussion

joined Apr 16, 2022

Edit: I kind of disagree with Gelert_Xross. If vampires had to kill humans to stay alive, I don't really think it would be immoral of them to do so. There's an extremely NSFW (and het) manga that explores this idea with succubi called I Was Rejected By The Succubus President (it's actually pretty good IMO, though I've only read the first volume).

are you dissagreaing with the idea of not being immoral from the point ov view of a monster?? cuz that’s what apmost all monsters in fiction think when it comes to eating humans to survive, and I almost allways take the human side,

I'm saying I don't think it's immoral to kill if it's necessary to survive. I don't automatically side with humans in fiction.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Purple Library Guy posted:

I can't remember--have we established whether these vampires kill people when they suck blood? I notice on this hunt there's a human kind of flat on their back, either out cold or dead. If these cute kids are doing a murder every time they go out for a meal, that's an awful lot of death on the human side and suddenly I'd be kind of sympathetic to the vampire hunters.

As others said, it's been established from chapter 1 that they don't need to kill them (and are taught not to), for obvious reasons. If people were dying left and right, drained from their blood, the hunt would be a lot more intense. It's not in their interest to kill their livestock.

But, as stated on this page at the bottom, while they are told to be careful not to kill, some vampires don't feel much qualms.

last edited at Oct 14, 2022 2:58AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Edit: I kind of disagree with Gelert_Xross. If vampires had to kill humans to stay alive, I don't really think it would be immoral of them to do so. There's an extremely NSFW (and het) manga that explores this idea with succubi called I Was Rejected By The Succubus President (it's actually pretty good IMO, though I've only read the first volume).

are you dissagreaing with the idea of not being immoral from the point ov view of a monster?? cuz that’s what apmost all monsters in fiction think when it comes to eating humans to survive, and I almost allways take the human side, ofc if the monster or in this case the vampiers don’t kill humans to live then it’s ok, tho in this setting I get that vampiers do some time kill humans and as always we get the Human Vs Monster kind of situation, were there ain’t blank and white :3

So are you vegan, or...?
You seem to be forgetting that most humans do actually eat other animals. And that includes the humans you almost always side with in fiction. I think it is your bias as a human being speaking here.

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

In a case like this I don't think "taking sides" really makes sense as a reader. The vampires need human blood to survive so ofc they're going to take that blood by force if necessary because the alternative is just starving to death. On the other hand, humans don't usually like having their blood taken by force so they will try to stop the vampires.

We're meant to sympathize more with the vampires as this story focuses on them, but both sides are just fighting for their own survival so neither is really "in the wrong". You wouldn't call a lion evil for hunting a gazelle, but the gazelle might

Ideally, of course, the humans would donate blood to the vampires and everyone would live in harmony, but that seems unlikely; humans wouldn't be eager to offer charity to the "monsters" that have been hunting them and vampires wouldn't be happy about living on the charity (and thus, being functionally subservient to) the humans that were once their prey

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We're meant to sympathize more with the vampires as this story focuses on them, but both sides are just fighting for their own survival so neither is really "in the wrong". You wouldn't call a lion evil for hunting a gazelle, but the gazelle might

Lol. Because I happened to watch a couple of “humans rescue animals caught in fences, trapped in wells, etc.” videos, my social media video feed has been full of “amazing encounters between predators and prey” vids—I rarely watch any of them, certainly not all the way, and I’ve only glanced at the (usually thousands of) comments—but those comments routinely have people taking sides, generally the first ones sympathizing with the prey, and then a bunch of “hardnosed realists” berating the softies for “failing to understand how nature works.”

If you come around Dynasty with a story about a girls’ school with tea parties and “soeurs” and senpai straightening their kouhais’ uniforms for them, and all that business, the default sympathy is going to be with the yuri, even if the loving schoolgirls are serial killers or slime monsters or whatever.

Because yuri.

last edited at Oct 14, 2022 1:51PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

the good ol' reliable "tough love"

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

okay you know what, this is probably the best way this can go for Emielle and Colette, enemies who know and understand one another but remain enemies nonetheless.

last edited at Nov 11, 2022 8:30PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

Luce immediately became my favorite character in one chapter. Please no death flags.

I wonder if it means anything that the manga kept focusing on Colette's bandaged ankle. If I recall correctly, there were some hints that her master is abusive...that storyline is certainly not over.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

So 100 bucks says Emielle ends up having to kill Colette because she's about to kill whatsherface her roommate friend who I can't remember her name lol.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

are you dissagreaing with the idea of not being immoral from the point ov view of a monster?? cuz that’s what apmost all monsters in fiction think when it comes to eating humans to survive, and I almost allways take the human side,

I'm saying I don't think it's immoral to kill if it's necessary to survive. I don't automatically side with humans in fiction.

In scenarios where vampires (or whatever monster) MUST kill humans to survive, then it's understandable if they do it. At the same time, it's equally moral for the humans to try to wipe them out rather than be killed. I can't see taking sides in a situation like this; it's just an irreducible conflict that neither group has much choice about.

Lucky this story isn't that kind of scenario; thanks to those who filled me in.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Now, let's pit Colette against Yucca or Eve and make Emielle choose.

I mean, both of them have actual reasons to hate humans and especially Vampire Hunters.

last edited at Nov 12, 2022 6:27AM

joined Oct 8, 2021

The new girl, Luce, reaaaallyyy looks like Toudou Shimako from Marimite.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Violetta totes has a thing for Luce yet she's too Tsun to realize it right? Especially the way she reacted when Luce said she never hated her lol

The story for this one moves at a snails pace We don't get enough Eve/Emielle like at all I want those two to actually start getting close already. But I still enjoy this series and the world it's slowly building.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

New ship acquired !

"But they literally just fought and then barely agreed that they don't hate each other ?!"

joined Apr 16, 2022

Violetta totes has a thing for Luce yet she's too Tsun to realize it right? Especially the way she reacted when Luce said she never hated her lol

100%. I can't support the ship right now though, hopefully Violetta gets some serious character development.

The story for this one moves at a snails pace

This chapter was the first low-key one in the entire manga

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Sensei: "I need you to help me find a single woman to date"
I know this would never happen cause it's a serious manga, but I wish it would

12893-21441691-7b0b-42b2-93a2-2dc679f33761-profile
joined Aug 5, 2015

I can't believe she would just say bwarf like that, so rude

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Emielle is too pure for this world I hate how often her mood goes from happy etc to her hearing or seeing something and being all sad and depressed. She's the most unvampire like character ever.

Eve is very stuck in the past and hopefully Emielle can be the one that helps her to quit thinking about the past eventually. I expect were gonna get a full thing about what really happened with her old Onee. If anyone can break down Eve's walls it's def Emielle.

last edited at Feb 26, 2023 8:25PM

joined Oct 1, 2022

Emielle :/

joined Apr 16, 2022

Two low-key chapters in a row? Who are you and what have you done with my Kiss for the Girl's Scars!?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The vampire girls who have to blend into human society after graduation, or join vampire-only enclaves... Temp could write a few paragraphs about this

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

My brain keeps making parallels between this and fall in love until you die. That one is much darker, where the girls are raised as soldiers and fight in a war they don't understand. But here the girls are trained to fight for survival and even have the choice of leaving to anywhere they want once they graduate. They don't even have to kill people. Idk why people are arguing against the vampires anyway. They're all good girls who have such lofty goals as "travel the world" and "not die." As the subject of the world's newest genocide, I can't help but sympathize with them. Hunters don't need to kill vampires, they choose to. And the vampires don't even seek retribution when their friends die because they know that humans are basically scared animals right now. I think Collette is the start of whatever will end up bridging the divide between their worlds, along with Luce. The current system is unsustainable. Humans are just angry and reactive and vampires are scared. Even if this story was human pov, I think the vampires would still be the sympathetic party because it wouldn't take an intelligent reader long to realize that committing genocide for any reason is not okay.

This story seems to hit many similar beats as until you die but with less drama and over less time. Like this story advances faster. Honestly it's a nice palette cleanser since until you die made me sob like a baby. I really like this story a lot and all the characters are very cute. This might be the closest thing I've seen to a yuri vampire slice of life. The art is also very pleasant, particularly the backgrounds. I don't understand the criticisms I've been seeing in the comments. Ya'll are weird.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This is still kinda all over the place but very charmingly so. Things that I would maybe consider flaws actually enhance the experience, if it makes any sense.

... and I guess we're getting Emielle backstory next, huh. I guess it makes sense, but I didn't really expect it.

joined Oct 1, 2022

Emielle :c

joined Feb 17, 2018

Girl saw something gay and immediately went " I need me some of that" lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.