Forum › A Kiss for the Girls' Scars discussion

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

So many unresolved threads. Dammit!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I guess the veil was pretty stylish, even if it was translucent only for the readers convenience (or was it? not sure :P)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So . . . world still messed up, looming dangers still threatening, the soeur system still makes no sense, but our kids will love in spite of all. I'm oddly OK with that.

joined Aug 7, 2020

feels like it got cancelled or something

joined Mar 16, 2017

This smells like it got axed

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Cancellaxe. Well that wasn't the best yuri manga, but was good enough to make me care about it, so it's a bit sad, again an axed series...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The kiss was cute.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Sadly an empty ending so not much to talk about.

joined Apr 16, 2022

You could really feel the axe in how none of the side characters got closure on their arcs, but I'm actually pretty satisfied in the chapter itself and this ending for Emielle and Eve. Emielle's backstory revealing she has a glamour that works on vampires was a genuinely surprising twist that recontextualizes both herself and other characters, and I thought it was interesting how the facade of kindness she puts on out of a desperate desire to be loved actually genuinely helped Eve get over her own grief.

Overall an extremely imperfect manga with wildly fast pacing, a nonsensical setting, and poor planning on the author's part to not leave themselves room for the side characters receiving closure, but you could tell a lot of heart and passion went into it and that shined through in its best moments. I had a lot of fun reading it and, especially given it seems to be the mangaka's first serialization, I think the author did a great job. I'm definitely looking forward to her next work.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I noticed two mistakes

Page 13: "That's your strenght."- should be "strength."

Page 16: "When I first met eve-san" - Eve's name isn't capitalized.

All in all, the ending was rather rushed, ending as soon as Eve and Emielle's conflict was resolved. It's a shame that it got cancelled.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Medetashi, medetashi
Its kind of early but now the girls are strong forever

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

So, we all agree that after Emielle graduated she finds her again, they get married, and live happily ever after yes?

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Sister system doesn't make much sense and Emielle talking about getting a little sister lessened a lot of the impact of that kiss and oath, a bit of a shame. Other than that, except for how the side arcs didn't get any conclusion, it was pretty satisfying to read.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Sister system doesn't make much sense and Emielle talking about getting a little sister lessened a lot of the impact of that kiss and oath, a bit of a shame. Other than that, except for how the side arcs didn't get any conclusion, it was pretty satisfying to read.

You just don't get the benefits of the Sister System. Imagine, having all the suggestive ribbon-tying and uniform straightening you can ever want! They might even do.... PIANO DUETS!!!!

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Guhhh, this had so much potential and could've been so much more, but atleast we got a happy ending. They introduced side characters and their own struggles didn't get any conclusion. Only the main pair got theirs. Truly sad what axing a series can do to the pacing of a story.

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I cannot believe that I like this manga. A Yuri Vampire one. Usually the ending is so cheezy. Same for this but somehow when I read it it feels very different.

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

absolutely chopped.

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

that ended so suddenly. it was a solid series, but if this is all it's going to be, then all i can remember it for in the future is how horrible the use of screentone was

joined Apr 12, 2023

I felt like it had some loose ends that we didn't get to explore. Wish we got to see more of Eve and Emielle afterwards. But all in all this manga wasn't really good or bad. 6.5 or 7/10

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I've put off reading this for awhile and this is such BS. This was a good manga and it was obviously axed. I'm so mad and sad I just don't know how to put it into words right now.....sigh, the art was amazing and the MCs were great and I was super looking forward to the story developing further (gotta get the positives in even if I'm still angry). Thanks translators, you all are awesome.

joined Apr 16, 2022

That author's note is rather painfully honest, lol. I've already went through this manga's flaws earlier so I won't rehash that. I just want to say that, despite its issues, the author's genuine love for the characters was clear the entire time, and she definitely has real talent. I hope she gets another serialization eventually, and when she does she applies the lessons she learned from this one to make something even better.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

The fact that lots of vampires die during their first attempt to drink human blood, still feels like an oversight from the vampire society and world building to me. Something that could be preventable. Regardless I'm still curious to see where this goes.

I don't think so.
That's just how society is.
People starving could also be avoided, but that doesn't mean people will do sh*t for it.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

"Alright, here are real weapons, now do REAL combat training!"

Students: do real combat training and hurt each other

"No, not like that!"

The problem wasn't hurting each other it's was about going to far, it wasn't a combat anymore.

Also I don't see the problem giving them real weapons, they can literally heal.

To reply you must either login or sign up.