Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

"it’s quite possible Evie would remember"

curious

Yeah. Remember what? What does Elsa know about Evie that even Evie herself doesn't??

My improbable guess is that Elsa also got isekaied and they were dating or knew each other on earth.

No no no.
It's nothing complicated. Elsa is convinced that Evie loves her. Or loved her. Everything Evie did to Elsa previously (before the "bad ending" that got her exiled) looks like conclusive proof in Elsa's eyes. Things like watch her all the time, pay attention to her moods and needs, protect her from harm, get into fights for her, take every excuse to touch her... even her bullying looked like the pranks a child plays to get closer to the girl she likes!

Like: pour water on her to have an excuse to dry her hair with a towel.

Or: hide her textbook to force her to share Evie's own, which leads to lots of casual touching.

And of course it was Evie who ran to the roof, rescued Elsa who was about to get killed and defeated the darkness spirit who had possessed her.

Because of this, Elsa was persuaded that Evie sincerely loved her. And she fell hard for Evie. And she ran after Evie when Evie got exiled.

But Evie wasn't happy when they met again, and since then she has been sending Elsa a ton of mixed signals. One day she acts besotted and possessive around Elsa, the next one she tells her to go back to the capital and find herself a boyfriend. One day she looks betrayed, hurt and desperate because some guy seems to be wooing Elsa, the next one she invites Garth to be Elsa's suitor.

It's no wonder that Elsa thinks she may need a potion to bring back Evie's "forgotten feelings" from the time they lived in the capital.

The way she treated Elsa before the bad end wasn't really that different than how she treats her now so that can't be it. Besides, Elsa specifically used the world remember, as if Evie has forgotten something in particular.

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 3:01AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Task failed successfully.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is a special potion that can awaken a person's buried feelings and make them act on what's in their heart. It's called "brandy".

joined Dec 10, 2021

curious

Yeah. Remember what? What does Elsa know about Evie that even Evie herself doesn't??

My improbable guess is that Elsa also got isekaied and they were dating or knew each other on earth.

No no no.
It's nothing complicated. Elsa is convinced that Evie loves her. Or loved her. Everything Evie did to Elsa previously (before the "bad ending" that got her exiled) looks like conclusive proof in Elsa's eyes. Things like watch her all the time, pay attention to her moods and needs, protect her from harm, get into fights for her, take every excuse to touch her... even her bullying looked like the pranks a child plays to get closer to the girl she likes!

Like: pour water on her to have an excuse to dry her hair with a towel.

Or: hide her textbook to force her to share Evie's own, which leads to lots of casual touching.

And of course it was Evie who ran to the roof, rescued Elsa who was about to get killed and defeated the darkness spirit who had possessed her.

Because of this, Elsa was persuaded that Evie sincerely loved her. And she fell hard for Evie. And she ran after Evie when Evie got exiled.

But Evie wasn't happy when they met again, and since then she has been sending Elsa a ton of mixed signals. One day she acts besotted and possessive around Elsa, the next one she tells her to go back to the capital and find herself a boyfriend. One day she looks betrayed, hurt and desperate because some guy seems to be wooing Elsa, the next one she invites Garth to be Elsa's suitor.

It's no wonder that Elsa thinks she may need a potion to bring back Evie's "forgotten feelings" from the time they lived in the capital.

I think it could be related to the incident at the beach

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Did she drink the suspicious sex potion?

Don't mess with unidentified liquids everyone. Safety first.

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 3:51AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Did she drink the suspicious sex potion?

Don't mess with unidentified liquids everyone. Safety first.

Nah, seems like she opened and/or dropped the bottle and got woozy off of the fumes

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Judging by Dahlia's comment here, most likely something about her childhood.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

as love potions go, that's actually fairly benign. it remains to be seen if it works as advertised though. doesn't seem like it but it's too early to say for sure.

joined Aug 29, 2019

as love potions go, that's actually fairly benign. it remains to be seen if it works as advertised though. doesn't seem like it but it's too early to say for sure.

True to form, "love potions" never work out the way the users intended for them to work. It always ends in embarrassment and disaster. It's kinda like the old "getting someone drunk to make them lose inhibitions and/or make them compliant" trope. At best Yvonne won't remember anything, but it's also likely that she'll figure it out and be incredibly ashamed by what the potion made her do and explain it away thusly to avoid any commitment. At worst she'll be taken aback by Elsa's rather egregious transgression (drugging your friends (or at least planning to) is kinda serious, hmkay) and want to distance herself (not gonna happen in this Manhua, though).

Elsa seems at least appropriately troubled by how things are going as a consequence of her actions, but I'm a bit wary of how things will go.

Look at me doing the moralizing for once.

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 6:46AM

B1329fb9-3ffa-457d-8058-460ab52e0f00
joined Sep 29, 2022

..this is definitely fruity.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

evie the madman, she drank it didnt she

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ either that, or the potion is so strong that just the inhaling the fumes has a strong effect. more likely what you said, but we did see that there's still some of the potion left.

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 8:04AM

joined Oct 9, 2022

Judging by Dahlia's comment here, most likely something about her childhood.

yes, it may have to do with her childhood.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I keep clicking, but it doesn't go to the next page!

This is a dastardly and devious cliffhanger, for sure. Dare I hope for tangible progress?

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

curious

I don't have time to find it right now, but it's strongly implied that Yvonne and Elsa met when they were young children, and that interaction forms the basis of Elsa's conviction that Evie is her "destined person." I know there's at least one flashback to Elsa's childhood where she's with a girl with long blond hair, and it was brought up in the context of Elsa and her belief in destined love. So a childhood marriage promise or something? The question is, did this happen before the point where Evie became her isekai'd self, or is it something from the "original" Yvonne's memories that "our" Evie has forgotten?

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

This is a special potion that can awaken a person's buried feelings and make them act on what's in their heart. It's called "brandy".

"I hope this brandy will help her remember" isn't the best idea, though :P

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Ok so she didn't drug her but I do wonder why she drank it. This could be an enlightening night for the both of them lol.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

It seems pretty clear to me that she didn't drink the potion, but rather that the potion is very volatile and the fumes coming out from the bottle were enough to affect her. Drinking a mystery potion would be too silly for her to do. Plus, Elsa was quick to open the windows when she noticed the smell, and there was a ton of potion left in the bottle.

Anyway, while love potion shenanigans are a little cliche, I do like that our couple is getting a kick in the hay to make them get moving along lol

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I think "act natural" -> "alright how about we sleep together" went a bit under the radar with the potion and whatnot but I find it pretty funny

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 6:37PM

joined Mar 23, 2022

Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god. the effect is more like an aphrodisiac to me but anyways I like where this is going now we are seeing a predator Yvone version.aaaaahhhhh aoo excited for the next chapter.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

We already knew that Yvonne is an ultra lightweight who gets drunk from fumes, don't we? That's not me misremembering? So she was curious, gave it a sniff to see what it was (could easily be construed as a perfume bottle), and immediately succumbed to AN effect. Maybe this is the intended effect, maybe not. But whatever the case, I hope this doesn't go back to status quo.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Well...at least it ain't jungle juice

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

curious

I don't have time to find it right now, but it's strongly implied that Yvonne and Elsa met when they were young children, and that interaction forms the basis of Elsa's conviction that Evie is her "destined person." I know there's at least one flashback to Elsa's childhood where she's with a girl with long blond hair, and it was brought up in the context of Elsa and her belief in destined love. So a childhood marriage promise or something? The question is, did this happen before the point where Evie became her isekai'd self, or is it something from the "original" Yvonne's memories that "our" Evie has forgotten?

I don't know why, but I always assumed that Yvonne reincarnated from scratch in this world but I could be wrong. The memory thing is intriguing and the "incomplete" comment from Dahlia after mentioning her father makes me believe that maybe the exile thing may not be what we believe it to be.

Also I laughed at the end of ch48, I was like "lol girl, why did you drink it?" before the door was opened and then afterwards "LOL WHY DID YOU OPEN IT?" I doubt this will fix the memory thing, she looks way too out of it for any sort of coherant thought.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I keep clicking, but it doesn't go to the next page!

This is a dastardly and devious cliffhanger, for sure. Dare I hope for tangible progress?

I feel the same way.
I don't trust cliffhangers, though. For most writers, they are an excuse to start something they just don't want to finish. If there was going to be actual progress, easy enough to start the progress and have a cliffhanger sometime before the resolution.

Sometimes writers surprise me. But not often.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I know enough about knowing things to know that this cliffhanger will not be leading to anything

To reply you must either login or sign up.