Forum › Heart of Cactus discussion

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

I need moaaaaaare

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Hmm, not to start a yuri-or-not-yuri discussion, but to me this looks much more like her adopting the cactus girl as a mother/older sister than anything romantic. And tbh, with how childish the girl looks I am more comfortable with that anyway

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Hmm, not to start a yuri-or-not-yuri discussion, but to me this looks much more like her adopting the cactus girl as a mother/older sister than anything romantic. And tbh, with how childish the girl looks I am more comfortable with that anyway

For future reference, that tag has been removed.

joined Mar 15, 2015

Technically, the girl is supposed to be a working adult, even if she doesn't look the part.

I agree that the cactus is more of an adopted little sister/daughter, especially since she calls the protagonist "Onee-chan."

I would have liked to see more. It's a decent start to a series, but there isn't enough closure for it to work well as a one-shot.

joined Aug 7, 2021

This was the first time I had seen the Not het tag in the site and got interested (I mean, we do have "Not yaoi" and "Not yuri"), only to find out this is the only one currently uploaded on the reader, lol.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

In the name of all the forum, I welcome among us our newest tag Not het which has been invented specifically for this oneshot.

Everyone, clap and rejoice!

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202022-06-19%20a%20la(s)%2023.19.48
joined Dec 21, 2016

message of the story: take care of plants, you never know if they'll become cute anime girls!

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

At leasst it was wholesome and she didn't end up banging the cactus-loli. The world is at peace.

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 6:33PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

At leasst it was wholesome and she didn't end up banging the cactus-loli. The world is at peace.

Sounds like a good way to potentially get cactus thorns in your genitals.

Screenshot_2
joined Jun 15, 2021

After reading the oneshot, I kind of understand the reasoning for Not het tag.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

You do? Cause I don’t. We’ve probably got a solid dozen of this exact story on here, and none of them needed the tag.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I kinda just thought the tag was made just for Daphie since she's prone to giving us non yuri stuff at times lol.

Either way cute one shot

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

A cactus is fine too.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I kinda just thought the tag was made just for Daphie since she's prone to giving us non yuri stuff at times lol.

Either way cute one shot

Exactly, I uploaded it and initially gave it no genre tag, then someone said "if it's two girls, it's yuri", so i added "yuri", but then i got dissed that i had been bamboozled, lol, so I removed it, but I wanted to be sure those who know me realize that this is not het, lol, you were right!

Happy you and a couple others are enjoying it!! <3

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I wish the cactus girl had more catcus references in her design to make it a lil clearer shes a plantgirl, but it was a cute one shot.

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

When I told my teammate to go fuck a cactus I didn't mean it literally

joined May 3, 2014

Either way cute one shot

Exactly, I uploaded it and initially gave it no genre tag, then someone said "if it's two girls, it's yuri", so i added "yuri", but then i got dissed that i had been bamboozled, lol, so I removed it, but I wanted to be sure those who know me realize that this is not het, lol, you were right!

the tag actualy worked since I haven’t saw the yuri tag but the not het one made me check the one shot XD

joined May 1, 2015

No wonder the landlord from maitsuki (Miyako) was angry at that other cactus.
Competition?

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 10:58PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Either way cute one shot

the tag actualy worked since I haven’t saw the yuri tag but the not het one made me check the one shot XD

loool me too. i was like wtf does "not het" mean, and i also saw it was scanalated by Daphie so i was even more curious hahahha

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

This officially became my 2nd favourite tag. 'Communism' still reigns supreme tho

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

This officially became my 2nd favourite tag. 'Communism' still reigns supreme tho

What about "Not Lizard"?

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

I for one love Not het - I feel like it could fit in perfectly with Not yuri and Not yaoi for series that have juuuust the right kind of genderfuckiness

joined Jun 11, 2016

You do? Cause I don’t. We’ve probably got a solid dozen of this exact story on here, and none of them needed the tag.

Yeah same. What is "Not het" supposed to mean here? Is it talking about the fact that the girl is a cactus and doesn't have gender? In that case, why not the "Not yuri" tag too??

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The Not yuri and Not yaoi tags are placed on works where it seems like, or there is an expectation that, the works are yuri or yaoi respectively. So what would make a work qualify for Not het would be that it appears like it's going to be a het work but actually isn't. There are probably a lot floating around the site that could use the tag where it looks like a het work but is actually yaoi or yuri

This work is actually a bit less clear in that regard, but the idea is that there's a reader expectation this will be het so the tag is there as a heads up

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

This work is actually a bit less clear in that regard, but the idea is that there's a reader expectation this will be het so the tag is there as a heads up

No, i'm fairly sure it's mostly because Daphne did some Het lately so when the Yuri tag get removed, she put the Not Het tag so people don't assume she did another Het. I for one don't see the need of it, you could just put no tag and nobody will assume it's het.

To reply you must either login or sign up.