Forum › Assault Lily: League of Gardens -full bloom- discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

"Gropius" lmao

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

whenever they start with the cientific mumbo-jumbo i just tune out , the exposition dumps so far are rather big and the power system is really generic so it´s hard to care about it

joined Jul 4, 2018

Yuyu over here does the Homura hair flip as she's walking away on chapter 2. Actually, screw it she probably has more similarities than not

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Big McHuge Large.

Chrome_owubdrgq2t
joined Apr 21, 2016

Looks dumb as hell, I'm in.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This is a large-type Huge and over here there are mid and small type Huge. ...

Who came up with that naming scheme‽

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This is a large-type Huge and over here there are mid and small type Huge. ...

Who came up with that naming scheme‽

Maybe it works better in the original Japanese?

YuzukiLovesYuri
Deb6618ca548e649b727673977142848
joined Feb 28, 2022

Why is there only 3 chapters? Also I love kaede in this one, but hate yuyu in this one, also love how the huges instead of the sphere blob they are, they're much more scarier and like a gunda- robot. Also if I see an interaction between riri(my beloved) and tazusa, I'm shipping them. I still ship the canon yuyu x Riri ship but its hard to ship them in manga for me. I love them in the anime though... RIRI I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I HOPE YOU KEEP YOUR SPECIAL SKILL OR A MUCH MORE STRONGER SKILL!!!! I also noticed this, it's pretty obvious but the manga is different from the anime even tho the anime is supposed to adapt the manga, it looks pretty fun, 99999999999/10 for best girl riri hitotsuyanagi and for being the first best anime girl ever that I simp so hard (also my first ever favorite anime that i literally love so much, too bad I can't buy their merchandises..)

last edited at Jul 5, 2022 3:46AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, if the creatures in this series (The Huge) linked up with the creatures in To Your Eternity (Nokkers) you'd be left facing The Huge Nokkers. Ain't nobody be able to stop that combination!

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 8:03AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I actually really liked the anime for this. Can't wait to see where the series goes as a manga.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Man, if the creatures in this series (The Huge) linked up with the creatures in To Your Eternity (Nokkers) you'd be left facing The Huge Nokkers. Ain't nobody be able to stop that combination!

Semelparous has The Hugest Nokkers. Some real chest monsters. They're unstoppable, unbeatable, no bras can contain them.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I know we're kind of teasing the content of this manga a bit, but it does feel nice to read an action manga that's just "beat shit up cool-style" with a little drama thrown in to spice it up.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I actually really liked the anime for this. Can't wait to see where the series goes as a manga.

There is an anime for this? I was reading it as an original manga. :/
But now that you mention it, I only now notice there is an anime tag. Maybe I should watch it?

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Why an Vietnamese origin girl wears chinese clothes?

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

So I guess the manga just assumes we watched the anime or am I missing a chapter? Shenlin, science girl, and Antarctica girl joined with no explanation lol

last edited at Sep 8, 2022 3:19PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

This is like a weird alternate telling and feels honestly more clumsy than even the anime, but I like these characters, so I'm here for it. Poly-yanagi-tai is my preference, natch.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Why an Vietnamese origin girl wears chinese clothes?

Cross dressing┐⁠(⁠‘⁠~⁠`⁠;⁠)⁠┌

joined Jan 6, 2017

This is like a weird alternate telling and feels honestly more clumsy than even the anime

Oh for me it feels quite the opposite. I find this to feel far better put together than the anime was

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

This is my first exposure to the franchise, so I'm just enjoying this. Usually not a fan of the overly forward types, but I really like how Kaede's written, being just, super wholesome and supportive without trying to dismiss or control Riri's feelings. Not sure how I feel about Yuyu so far, honestly. The whole "senpai savior who's changed by the time the protagonist catches up to her due to the loss of a loved one in the intervening time" is kind of a cliche for these sorts of stories, but if they do it well I'm sure I'll come around to her. But at the moment, I can't help but feel like Riri's barking up the wrong tree when Kaede is literally right there. Tragically monogamous...

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

This is like a weird alternate telling and feels honestly more clumsy than even the anime

Oh for me it feels quite the opposite. I find this to feel far better put together than the anime was

I feel this too. The anime was a lot of fun, but it felt like it lacked a lot of depth and chance to flesh out the characters since it was condensed into 12 episodes. This feels like it's taking it's time and I'm here for it.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Not sure how I feel about Yuyu so far, honestly. The whole "senpai savior who's changed by the time the protagonist catches up to her due to the loss of a loved one in the intervening time" is kind of a cliche for these sorts of stories, but if they do it well I'm sure I'll come around to her. But at the moment, I can't help but feel like Riri's barking up the wrong tree when Kaede is literally right there. Tragically monogamous...

Same. The anime kinda makes an effort to make Yuyu likable, but I still prefer shipping Riri with Kaede.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Well at least Tazusa got more characterization this time rather compared to anime where she was just funny cat person. The anime and manga both feel like they're missing something... just something different each lol

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(2)
joined Oct 3, 2021

This episode reminded me of The Incredibles for a second: hi

last edited at Oct 4, 2022 1:55AM

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I like the concept here, and the character designs are cute, but it just isn't coming together into anything all that interesting. The characters feel pretty generic so far, though they might develop in a good direction. The action is bland and poorly choreographed. To begin with, I think it's hard to stay engaged with fights against mindless monsters. If the fight choreography were better it could maybe work, but the fights so far feel like they mean nothing and have no stakes. The only manga I've read that made this sort of thing work is Attack on Titan, where they used the story's willingness to regularly kill off characters or have the protagonists actually lose battles make the titan fights entertaining (plus the 3d maneuver gear was visually interesting in use and had interesting limitations, which so far this power system does not). Even then AoT got way more interesting once they introduced human foes, which this story will hopefully do too.

The yuri romance aspect is done better. There's some actual tension in Riri's relationship with Yuyu, and I liked their dynamic with the training thing. It still feels painfully generic. There are a lot of characters being introduced, but they're all characterized so shallowly. They need room to develop.

Overall, the pacing feels slow, and they're dumping a lot of exposition without giving us much reason to care about any of it.

Does the anime do any of this better? I want to like this story, but I don't know if I can.

To reply you must either login or sign up.