Forum › Posts by ceiimq

ceiimq
School Zone discussion 10 Aug 06:37
joined Apr 21, 2016

When you're trying to be gay at work but the other girl's a shonen protagonist.

joined Apr 21, 2016

I'm super confused about the usage of the word "Straight" in this.

Like, I get it when stories use it for girls who aren't straight when they just haven't realized that they're gay/whatever, but this woman has literally been in a serious relationship with another woman for a full month, is explicitly willing to have sex with said woman, is not in the closet or otherwise trying to hide her interests and there's no implication what so ever that they're just "pretend dating."

And yet both characters somehow consider her a "straight" woman that only men have a chance with?
They're both clearly aware that the "straight" girl is entirely willing to date and sleep with women just from a personal desire to do so, how on earth do you even rationalize thinking of such a woman as "straight?" It doesn't make any sense!

Is this next-level useless lesbians? Is this what it means to go beyond? Useless Lesbian 2? Plus Ultra?

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm not Japanese, but I think the Japanese version of comphet includes the idea that it's perfectly possible for a straight woman to date another woman "in a straight way" as long as the relationship conforms to a certain stereotype - an older partner who's beautiful and experienced and basically perfect, and a younger partner who idolizes her. Think Maria-sama ga Miteiru.

The senpai is directly invoking that myth here. She tries to play the part of the perfect onee-sama because she thinks that's the only way this "straight" girl would date her.

The kouhai also buys into it and doesn't question her sexuality because she can tell herself she's just "admiring" her perfect senpai.

Of course the joke is that the actual dynamic of their relationship is completely different.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 7:17AM

joined Apr 21, 2016

At least Tazune had decency to not doing someting to hurt Midori and accepted the only truth that Midori doesnt love him anymore.

Yeah this chapter made me feel like there's hope for him yet. I hope he stays out of this story now and I also hope someone gives him a hug.

joined Apr 21, 2016

Oh come ON

ceiimq
PafuPafu discussion 16 Dec 09:13
joined Apr 21, 2016

Starting a petition to make Kodama Naoko stop writing stories and just draw boobs full time.

joined Apr 21, 2016

I expected something ridiculous, why is this so heartwarming.

ceiimq
joined Apr 21, 2016

dkgkhkfjdsgh how am I supposed to exist until the next Haruka/Kanae chapter

last edited at Dec 10, 2019 8:59AM

ceiimq
joined Apr 21, 2016

Fuck I'm going to need a notepad.

ceiimq
joined Apr 21, 2016

This series is Nickelodeon-tier so far and that's the highest praise I could give. I love Dowman Sayman's episodic stuff so much. I hope he(?)'s able to keep it that way and it doesn't get too bogged down.

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 9:14AM

joined Apr 21, 2016

So er...

We're using prison labor now.

The cast is all-female except for the character who comes in to save the girls from their tech incompetence. But then that one male character has to be non-human so he's not threatening.

Also you go to hell for not working hard enough at your job?

Chapter 3's wild guys, and I have no idea where the self-parody begins and ends. Help.

last edited at Nov 28, 2019 9:36AM

joined Apr 21, 2016

This may be shallow smut but it's my kind of shallow smut.

joined Apr 21, 2016

And yet again, the transwoman is "perfect". If she didn't say she was a guy before, none would have guessed.

IMO, this way of portraying transwomen by mangaka is as bad as portraying them as ridiculous muscled unshaved drag-queens haunting bars in Roppongi. It's a lie.

I personally get the impression that her proportions are deliberately (if a bit inconsistently) drawn to look different from cis women. To me she looks she looks completely credible as a 28 year old girl who transitioned in her early twenties, just seen through manga vision.

Is that manga vision what's bothering you? I'm fine with it myself. Stylizing and idealizing the appearance of ordinary people is just what manga does. If anything, I feel like the author here did a solid job of espousing that manga aesthetic without pretending that cis and trans women look identical.

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 7:04AM

joined Apr 21, 2016

Way to end it, I'm too confused to even.

This was a really fun manga though.

joined Apr 21, 2016

Way to end it, I'm too confused to even.

This was a really fun manga though.

joined Apr 21, 2016

This is such a nope rollercoaster. Chapter 7 had me genuinely moved too.

ceiimq
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Apr 17:48
joined Apr 21, 2016

Oh look it's my favorite artist I'm not sure what to think about.