Forum › Summer, Lemon, and Overlay discussion

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

What is vengeful about it ?

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Ooooo, this is the author of "Even if it was just once, I regret it"? That's legitimately one of my favorite manga, I am way more excited for this now. The premise was cool on its own, but getting more from Miyahara Miyako makes me so excited!

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Ahh, so you're saying they're both kinda fruity.

joined Apr 16, 2022

This is one of the rare legitimately unique pieces of media. It's not just the premise; I don't think I've seen this precise character dynamic before, a manic pixie dream girl who's secretly suicidal and a woman who's seemingly given up on life yet still constantly reaches for the "real world" she doesn't believe she can achieve.

joined Feb 22, 2018

Or, to be pedantic, "She's a Citron, and I'm a Pomelo."

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

While I enjoy this very much, I can't shake the feeling of disappointment I'll feel once we reach the moment of truth. Unless this goes such crazy and unexpected ways it'll surprise me.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So Sayaka is a sheltered girl who (apparently) plans a suicide, while Yunimaru may have been doxxed on Twitter at some point in the past, hence the reluctance to reveal her real name.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Yunimaru may have been doxxed on Twitter at some point in the past, hence the reluctance to reveal her real name.

That seems like a stretch to me, keeping yourself anonymous is common sense on the internet :P
... or at least it used to be, maybe not anymore.

joined Feb 1, 2021

"I'm perfectly healthy." [Citation needed]

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Kinda wondering if Sayaka has always loved Yunimaru (VA) for her work and for who she is, and this death note assignment is partially a guise to secretly “date” her, but Sayaka assumes that Yuni won’t return her feelings, so she plans to confesses then commit suicide. That way she won’t have to live with the rejection and knowledge that her love isn’t mutual (and potential disgust that she has for herself).

That’s my little brain theory, ATM at least.

E7970c69-edd3-4544-8de9-6a20ca0f7573
joined Aug 29, 2020

Sayaka singing Lemon by Yonezu Kenshi. This girl really loves her citrus

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Kinda wondering if Sayaka has always loved Yunimaru (VA) for her work and for who she is, and this death note assignment is partially a guise to secretly “date” her, but Sayaka assumes that Yuni won’t return her feelings, so she plans to confesses then commit suicide. That way she won’t have to live with the rejection and knowledge that her love isn’t mutual (and potential disgust that she has for herself).

That’s my little brain theory, ATM at least.

I was also thinking that she was probably a fan of Yunimaru, but I didn't think she could be in love with her. Neat idea.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Girl's terminally gay. That's what's up with her.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Why not have TWO firm puddings, ma'am. And you shall never see a more wretched hive of thieves and liars.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Best description of Twitter. :D

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Yunimaru may have been doxxed on Twitter at some point in the past, hence the reluctance to reveal her real name.

That seems like a stretch to me, keeping yourself anonymous is common sense on the internet :P
... or at least it used to be, maybe not anymore.

Depends on the individual. Some care more, some care less. Also, depends on where - getting doxxed on a discord server for a fandom you are part of is not the same as getting doxxed on a large, more generalized platform.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

I don't get what's bad about having your farewell letter read at your funeral... But then I have trouble with that kind of things in general. I have no idea what hurts others when it comes to death or love. (and since I'm depressive and suicidal myself I always end up hurting people by mistake :( )

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Sayaka singing Lemon by Yonezu Kenshi. This girl really loves her citrus

Kinda fitting with the funeral theme going on here.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Both women feel worthless, yet Konno ironically keeps trying to give Yumimaru hope and confidence. Renting a friend and her object of adoration is incredibly sad and desperate, but I think Konno is also motivated by compassion. Even two chapters in, I relate to the characters. The artist previously created an amazing manga involving a different countdown and the writing is great, so my hopes are sky high. Still less dark than that other summer manga..

I don't get what's bad about having your farewell letter read at your funeral... But then I have trouble with that kind of things in general. I have no idea what hurts others when it comes to death or love. (and since I'm depressive and suicidal myself I always end up hurting people by mistake :( )

I'm honestly conflicted about answering, but taboo is counterproductive, and that's a valid question:

At minimum, words from beyond the grave will force the mourners to grapple with a present-tense persona they've already been thinking of in past-tense, and who they will never meet again. I wouldn't call it "vengeful" but it is knowingly inflicting a kind of disorienting pain even if the words are comforting. For someone distant from family, or passive-aggressive in the slightest, a note would be a reminder of that distance and lack of reliance. For a suicide, the farewell letter is surprising most or all of the mourners with a suicide note, which further emphasizes how each of them was in the end useless to the deceased. I'm not saying a farewell letter can't be done well, and I think even family has no right to be possessive about someone's life nor how they handle death. "Ruining" one's own funeral is rad. A snarky or vengeful farewell letter is an interesting way to burn out, especially as a footnote to fighting, raging, to survive.

Gothic_Catalyst
14883450_345545539125601_1739065670976333342_o
joined Jun 20, 2015

I'm betting that the funeral is actually an arranged marriage.
Thank you for the chapters.

joined Dec 13, 2020

I wondered about it too, and I came up with the same answer, more or less. My speculation was identical to yours except no suicide and no disgust for herself—she just likes Yunimaru and wants to be her girlfriend. And all that stuff with funerals and death letters is pure nonsense, a very original, elaborate, imaginative plan to catch her attention.

Original, elaborate, imaginative... and risky, lol. Because when the reveal comes Yunimaru instead of feeling relief and joy could very well feel humiliation and rage and fury!

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Insurance for ruining a funeral by fulfilling the dead person's request????

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

i feel conflicted on how light hearted the interactions between the two mains are contrasted by the dark theme of her upcoming funeral.... I hope it ends up with the MC somehow persuading the female lead to not die

edit: what if the MC's name is Yuzu lol

last edited at Nov 9, 2022 3:22PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

I hope it ends up with the MC somehow persuading the female lead to not die

Don't we all? (niko)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I hope it ends up with the MC somehow persuading the female lead to not die

Don't we all? (niko)

We don't hope, we fully expect this to happen.

To reply you must either login or sign up.