Forum › A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait, the translation came back from the dead?

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

crazy

TheLubeTube Uploader
Lesbianfiction!
Me-A Scans
joined Jul 27, 2018

another person called us dead, 2 more weeks of splatoon 3

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

another person called us dead, 2 more weeks of splatoon 3

lmao

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'm a bit late for this chapter, but what the hell was that?

joined Apr 11, 2019

~BADLY WRITTEN RANT AHEAD~

This manga is in a weird place in my head. It's like watching a beautiful train crash off a cliff, but you cant see the bottom and cant know for sure it really crashed.

I get the feeling Aya genuinely cares about Marikia. The moments Aya felt embarrassed or opened up felt genuine. At the very least, felt more genuine than her smug persona.

I completely agree with what people are saying about Aya being too forceful. Anyone notice how Aya gives Marika 10k per day instead of 1m at the end, even though Marika has to give the money back if she fails either the wager or the contract? That's a manipulation tactic. If she were to give Mari the money at the end, Mari could quit at any point and not feel any loss. Whereas by giving the money to her a little at a time, the situation changes from "I could lose out on the chance for 1m" to "I'll be losing 500k." It's taking advantage of loss aversion and the sunk cost fallacy to keep Marika hooked. Highly suspicious.

I have no idea where this story could go from here. Marika has very clear growing feelings for Aya and probably a good amount of internalized homophobia that's now melting away, but she's falling in love after being highly manipulated, have her boundaries broken repeatedly, and even when she made it clear she didn't care about the contract she wanted to avoid "doing lewd things" she was sexually assaulted. On top of that, Marika thinks Aya was cheating on her. I have no idea how she could rebuild her relationship at this point. (The story is probably going to act luke they jist had sex and ignore the sexual assault)

I'm still going to read though. The story is f'd up but it's unlike anything I've read before. I genuinely don't know how this story will end or what twist is around the corner. I suspect that the foreigner (cant remember her name) isn't a genuine relationship for Aya. Either the foreigner is joking/lying, there's something shady going on, or one of them is a prostitue. I don't believe Aya is trying to two time, at least.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Daily pay could be manipulation but it also makes it more plausible and attractive even without loss aversion. "Be my bitch for 100 days and I'll give you $10,000 at the end" leaves one doubting if you'll get paid. Conversely, there's no way to enforce Marika giving any money back.

joined Apr 11, 2019

Daily pay could be manipulation but it also makes it more plausible and attractive even without loss aversion. "Be my bitch for 100 days and I'll give you $10,000 at the end" leaves one doubting if you'll get paid. Conversely, there's no way to enforce Marika giving any money back.

Theoretically, there's room for blackmail if Marika doesn't keep her word. ("Give me the money back or I tell your classmates you didcompensated dating,") I don't think Marika would even attempt to double cross Aya by keeping the money.

joined Apr 11, 2019

Weirdly enough, what I'm most curious about with this story is whether or not Marika would face consequences for not declaring income.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Anime!

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Weirdly enough, what I'm most curious about with this story is whether or not Marika would face consequences for not declaring income.

1mil yen is like $6k, so technically if this was in the US, you'd have to report that income. Whether or not you'd need to pay taxes depends on your situation tho.

however, there are plenty of businesses that take only cash to circumvent reporting more income so....

Yipeevois
joined Nov 29, 2022

questionable

asteriskybusiness
Furude
joined Jan 8, 2023

This scanlation got me into the light novels and they're some of my favourite books now, I was sad to see the manga end but I'm going to savour each one of these translated chapters as they come out. The work here by the scanlation team is god tier, as befits a series as good as Arioto!

Me
joined May 21, 2017

The art is so slay

Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

you know, even though the text says that marika's super good at reading the mood or whatever she has done nothing but make incredibly tactless statements for 9 chapters. I'm starting to think that neither of these two actually know how to communicate at all

joined May 28, 2019

Thanks for the chapter, that was a lot of text.

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

debated dropping this series for 5 months because of this chapter

Truly a yuri scanlator, all right

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

This scanlation got me into the light novels and they're some of my favourite books now, I was sad to see the manga end but I'm going to savour each one of these translated chapters as they come out. The work here by the scanlation team is god tier, as befits a series as good as Arioto!

Sorry, wait, what happened?

Ef409152bda0452ab6d673416e7554d71663038752_main1
joined Jun 22, 2022

thank u very much 4 the chapter mia

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Casually glossing over bar lady having a threesome with a 14-15yo and a 15-16yo like it's no big deal at all. Yikes.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Well that was a handful to comprehend

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Anyone notice how Aya gives Marika 10k per day instead of 1m at the end, even though Marika has to give the money back if she fails either the wager or the contract? That's a manipulation tactic. If she were to give Mari the money at the end, Mari could quit at any point and not feel any loss. Whereas by giving the money to her a little at a time, the situation changes from "I could lose out on the chance for 1m" to "I'll be losing 500k." It's taking advantage of loss aversion and the sunk cost fallacy to keep Marika hooked. Highly suspicious.

Just gonna put this out there but Aya doesn't give the money to Marika every day. That conversation about "10k per day" was her averaging the whole thing out in perspective.
The terms of their bet was Aya giving ¥1M to Marika if Marika wins at the end of those 100 days and does not fall in love or acknowledge that same sex relationships can work (much less apply to her). Aya wins and will get to keep the money if she manages to convince Marika that it's a possible route.

The only time any sort of "transaction" ever happening between them was when Aya gave Marika a bag worth ¥30k as "down payment".
Not saying it's better but from a different perspective, it wouldn't be too far fetched to put it at a similar situation as giving your significant other/person you're courting a slightly expensive gift. IF the bet was never the in place.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Casually glossing over bar lady having a threesome with a 14-15yo and a 15-16yo like it's no big deal at all. Yikes.

“But your honor, my client’s a very carnivorous femme top who won’t turn down anyone, so she cannot be blamed for this so-called ‘statutory rape.’”

joined Sep 13, 2022

you know, even though the text says that marika's super good at reading the mood or whatever she has done nothing but make incredibly tactless statements for 9 chapters. I'm starting to think that neither of these two actually know how to communicate at all

Well yeah, they’re high schoolers, so it makes sense that they’re not good at open communication. Plus we see — and hear from Marika herself — how “bad”she is with Aya (due to her underlying feelings). It’s part of why I like this series so much really.

Thank you for not dropping this one, translators and team, it’s one of my absolute favorites :*)

Zzhohcp%20(1)
joined Oct 7, 2021

Thank you for the excellent translation once again, that was a big one for sure. Thanks for not dropping it, you guys are doing a great job.

To reply you must either login or sign up.