Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

Is it possible the author could throw 50 chapters of fluffy romance into the garbage?

Usagi Drop has entered the chat

joined Jan 14, 2020

I've seen Harry Potter Marriage Law fanfiction tropes die out because of ethics, expect trope-inversion, no-comfort, and darker stuff of course. Similar with Soulmate fanfiction. So shall reader desire for this. To speak frankly, this sub-culture and genre has a long way to go. Maybe 50 years.

Lol, expecting fictional indulgence of dark kinks to "die out because of ethics".

If the Marriage Law "died out" I suspect it was just a passing fad, or a victim of JKR's undermining of her own fandom.

Though as far as HP and love potions go, a rather sweet Harry/Luna fic did throw in an somewhat ethical use as background detail: granting that pureblood families did a bunch of arranged marriages for whatever reason, love potions could be used consensually to make the marriage stronger. "We want this marriage to work for alliance/economic reasons, and it will work better if we're in love, bottoms up!"

Yuri_goggles_mugi
joined Aug 22, 2017

dew it.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Usagi Drop has entered the chat

I don't know what you're talking about, Usagi Drop only has 24 chapters.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Be hilarious if it turned out it was nothing like a love or lust potion, and the heart shape and pink colour were purely coincidental. Like, "Oh, this is the rare potion that can cure my poor sick aunt's heart disease!"

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Naughty girl, what are you thinking?

"Eh? What are you talking about? I'm totally not having any naughty thoughts!"
(panicky hides the love potion behind her back)

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Nothing can go wrong.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

joined Jun 25, 2021

more likely to be like the skirt lift incident. resolved immediately at the start of the next chapter and then forgotten

joined Jun 3, 2020

cue fake love potion scene

joined Feb 17, 2018

"you obtained everything you have now through your own hard work"

Elsa's like you're right, it was a lot of hard work pursuing you and stopping you from yeeting yourself out of my life, so I suppose I can take credit for all of that

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

hmmm

56%20dynasty
joined Jan 18, 2021

I like where this is going.

last edited at Oct 4, 2022 3:05PM

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

owo?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

It's Chekov's gun, regardless. I foresee a sweaty, blushy, encounter before realizing it doesn't work.

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

Yabe, don't do it.

joined Feb 2, 2021

I doubt she'd try to poison Eve. There's litterally no reason for her to medically abuse her

joined Dec 3, 2017

ah yes, I completely forgot this was next xD
can't wait to see how it's drawn out

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am shocked both the head nun and Yvonne are keeping their big secrets from Elsa. She's proven to be open-minded. Head nun's secret she'll divulge to potential enemy Yvonne but not Elsa? Eventually, we know, future Elsa will know about the system at its worst and will change the past so it no longer gives inescapable fatal or disfiguring choices.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

How dare they cut it there!! I have to wait a week to see what happens next? this is criminal behavior

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

alright nice to see that Elsa actually thinks about the consequences of using a love potion and decides against it, AND then we still get our fun because accidents exist. huzza

joined Jul 15, 2021

I got so worried at the introduction of the love potion... Elsa's probably going to have a hard time building back trust, but I'm really glad she's actually thinking about the consequences of using it!

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

How to get a love potion storyline without making one of your characters seem like a monster for stealing the other's free will and right to consent.

Also, bonus points to Elsa's towel for managing to stay on through all that.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 8:26PM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ah good ol love potion cliché, i never get tired of it

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

How much the whole scene ends in a missunderstanding?

To reply you must either login or sign up.