Forum › A Love Yet To Bloom discussion

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

That was cute :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This can't be happening LOL I just remembered the other day someone talking in the Haru to Midori thread, and I Was thinking "Oh how amazing would it be if we could follow authors and their updates, the author has SO MUCH talent, I need more" so I went to mangaupdates to find out that the author had no links, facebook or twitter... But I didn't give up!

I searched the name in kanji around twitter and found Yuri Navi post talking about the newest work!! that came out recently, I thought WOW! This must be destiny! so I came back here running to share with you all the amazing news and the twitter profile I proudly found by myself!!!! and then the moment I open Dynasty it says "Most popular in the last 7 days" - A love Yet To bloom" Published merely 2 days ago...

Well WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT :l Lmao

last edited at Sep 25, 2022 6:38PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Makes me think of this one

joined Sep 6, 2018

The mangaka has my attention, again. So it’s a one-shot, a very well done one-shot. Can she come up with something else? It’d be cool to let readers choose the one-shots that get turned into a series… that’s a lot to ask for, so I’m content and pleased mangaka is still at her trade/talent.

Keep up the good work!

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

"I've always wondered... what would it be like to find something I truly liked? And now I know..."

One of the cleverest nonexplicit confessions I've read, and definitely one of my favorites. I love how things unfurled from there too, especially Sakura's reaction.

I hadn't noticed at first who the author was, but once I did I was elated. "Haru and Midori" is incredibly dear to me, and I've been hoping to see, hear, and read more of this author for a long while, so this was a wish come true, pretty much. It's so good, such a cute and wholesome story, and honestly, even though I'm actually pretty satisfied with how it ended, I really, really want more. Both this story and characters, and of Fukaumi Kon.

Also, coming into the discussion thread, last thing I expected was to see not one, but two essay-tier comments, and while there's a joking tone to this comment, I really do appreciate that. This story really does tell more than its page or word count would suggest, and it does so subtly and cleverly, and I wouldn't have stopped to appreciate it if it weren't for those comments. I also feel obligated to reply: "This is a Wendy's..."

last edited at Sep 26, 2022 10:45AM

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Love the art style and the story was sweet and cute ;)

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

In every repetition of the pattern, closeness and distance take on new meanings, contextualized anew by Takamine and Sakura's experiences with each other, their memories and expectations, and also made more meaningful for us as we grow to know them better. And this itself ties into Sakura's gushing about the brilliance of books with subtle foreshadowing that take on new meanings, new secret signals with each read, and sequels to them that hint at shared universes and larger patterns without ever spelling them out, because magic shines best in ambiguity. Every aspect of the tale perfectly coheres, every element deployed in perfect concert, creating constellations of emotion that fascinate effortlessly, a naturalism polished so well as to become a dense, organic cosmos of its own- I adore the girl who seems to have a quiet eye of her own on Takamine, surrounded by knowing friends (one of whom seems quite similar to Haru of Haru to Midori fame, making Sakura's subtly-shared-universe comment even neater). All in all, a brilliant oneshot from a master of the craft. I hope we can see more of Fukaumi's work in the future.

This, I adore the way this one-shot handles the dichotomy between boring moments that go on in repeat versus those unique experiences that Takamine is looking for.
For starters, the characters meet during their daily trip home out of simple coincidence. It was their routine that resulted in that meeting, and even after becoming friends their interactions are built upon the fact that said routine is supposed to continue, since the obligations of school won't disappear together wih the need to travel through public transportation from one day to another.

This means a lot when you take into account that Takamine and Sakura's train schedules align only thanks to the fact that the former quit volleyball, were she still part of the volleyball club she would be leaving school too late to commute together with Sakura, which paints a suprisingly optimistic picture of the way external pressure from society influenced her decision to quit in the first place.
In this context we are presented with Takamine's ordeal: Her environment won't allow her to interact or engage with it due to an apparent lack of emotions, but she's internalized these criticisms to such point that even when she's alone she won't try to do anything without "liking it". A perfect example of this mindset is how Takamine doesn't bother to read her book at first and instead merely flips through its pages, not because she thinks it's boring, rather, her conversation with Sakura reveals she did that because she sincerely believed the book would be unable to make her feel what she was looking for.

What I'm trying to get at here is that is that this cute romance plot is paradoxically kickstarted by two elements straight out of a Kafkian nightmare, a medium that forces the character to go back and forth everyday between her home and a stage where she is unable to fit in without anything ever changing (the train), and a source of attempted self-comfort that only serves to remind this character of how incomplete her integration into society will always be (the book). But then it's all subverted through the power of perspective.
Sakura convinces Takamine to give "Night View" a chance, and despite both the book and the train being the same, she starts to appreciate them anyway thanks to the way Sakura's presence motivates her to keep trying things despite initially giving up on herself, thus turning the routine of commuting back home she used to find dull into something she looks forward to through her own personal change (literally having her hold a book named "Yearning" for this scene was going a bit too far, but I appreciate the visual metaphor nonetheless).

All in all, the story has very sweet theme of how even if the world around you backs you into a corner and it seems like your only choice left is to let indistinguishable days pass and blend into each other, there's always hope you will find a reason to look forward to 'tomorrow' in the end, as shown by the characters' simple promise to see each other again the next day.

That's one hell of an over-analysis, overloaded with words, and even including a stereotypical Kafka name drop. Sometimes a cute love story is just a cute love story. I think trying to tie it into greater themes of self-actualization in a grander sense is absurd.

Also, the reason the book is called "Yearning" should be made extremely apparent by the character thinking "I can't wait to see her again" on the literal next page. If that's a visual metaphor, then it's blunt enough to drive a nail into wood.

joined Jan 13, 2021

too cute!! loved it.

joined Apr 16, 2022

That's one hell of an over-analysis, overloaded with words, and even including a stereotypical Kafka name drop. Sometimes a cute love story is just a cute love story. I think trying to tie it into greater themes of self-actualization in a grander sense is absurd.

You're free to dislike long and involved literary analyses, but there's no need to shit on others who do engage in them.

joined Sep 3, 2017

are those real books? id love to read them after those glowing reviews xD

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

That sure was an awful lot of Yearning

Very good book, highly recommend. Especially it's sequel, Gal Pals. The shift in title style is certainly strange, but it actually kinda works

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

the shock of me finding out this was only a oneshot was real, I thought the title was pointing it to being an actual series

Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

i need moarr

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The purity of young love, before the suffocating realities of the real world tamper with every thought and action.

Ani_no_yome
joined Jul 21, 2020
joined May 10, 2022

Looks like this is getting a serialization, I really enjoyed this one shot so seeing more will be nice

girlswhokiss
Close
joined Apr 5, 2023

Seems promising

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I completely forgot about the one-shot (even though I quite liked it back then), so this is a really nice surprise ^_^ Kon-sensei is very good with these types of characters, so I'm looking forward to reading more! I enjoy how soft and elegant her stuff always is, it's a nice change of pace from some of the trashier stuff I've been reading recently (^^)

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Interesting. And cute.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

That silent mutual staring moment in last pages was quite nice. Lot of the time it doesn't really feel like anything in romance manga, because the moment isn't sold to the reader with some preparation like here.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

AYOOOO!!! BLESSED. It got serialized woooo

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Strap in lads and lasses, this ones gonna be fuckin' cute.

badoobeedoobeedoo
Capture
joined Nov 8, 2021

Great to see that this one got serialized :D I am ready for all the fluff

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...I've been hoping to see, hear, and read more of this author for a long while, so this was a wish come true, pretty much.

A quote of my own comment from not too high above that is even more relevant right now. I am a happy boy, folks. Very happy boy. The first chapter was lovely and I was pretty much melting, and I'm very much looking forward to more. I also actually really like how it restructures the premise that the one-shot establishes and opens it up for further development, as well as the little nods and direct parallels between the two. Thinking about it, I do not think I've read anything under the "public transportation" tag that I did not adore, so that's neat.

Sort of an aside, I'm not sure why but page 27 simply melted me, and the build-up to it as well, like, the two were staring at each other for a good few panels, and following with Takamine very firmly saying they will meet each other, I don't know, I just feel like squeeing.

last edited at May 1, 2023 10:10AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

This story has the legs to go far. I guess she found her club…

To reply you must either login or sign up.