Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

joined Apr 29, 2021

So about adachi breakdown in this chapter it was very depressing and the reason for it is Adachi can't properly control her emotion there's no one to console her and taught her how to do so And for shima her attitude isn't wrong "IF I WERE HER I WOULD SAY IT TOO" the reason for that is Shima is someone who can't express her emotion and can't understand people relationship so thats result in her being very slow when it come to people If shima able to express her emotion and understand other people alittle more she wouldn't said something like that at all but she can't so she just think it was a pain and said it out loud which make Adachi breakdown even worst I know this would happen just from their personalities alone this is such a hard read It really is awkward story in good ways tho

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

"Do you hate me just like my mom does?"
"you won't even look at me... so what was I supposed to do? How do I go about getting people to..."

A bad relationship with her mother that has given her a desperate desire for connection and (probably) some disability that makes it hard to handle relationships and emotions, resulting in very few relationships as a child for her to learn how to manage her emotions. Now, she's experiencing intense and confusing feelings for a girl that never reciprocates and she has no outlet for it. The girl needs some serious therapy, but the fact that she could hide in her room for days with seemingly no one even checking on her, I doubt anyone would step in to help

joined Jan 21, 2020

Could any LN readers spoil me on how this story goes on ? Havent really read this version after the first one got axed but this chapter was quite something and im curious on how it continues.

Nekopop%20avatar%20resized
joined Aug 12, 2020

How glorious is this manga! It's like a science experiment to see how two people with conflicting personality disorders react when they collide head on with each other. Adachi is completely doomed to suffer in this situation. It was wonderful to see her react honestly to what is she is experiencing. The raw power of her crossing the threshold of no return with the force of a freight train had me gasping. I felt like the author took a brave step artistically with this scene and pulled it off beautifully.

I think the most fascinating part of this story is Shimamura's internal dialogue, dissecting the roles people play around her, including her own, with a cold, unflinching eye that contrasts sharply with her adorable exterior. I find her to be a bit of a non-violent psychopath. She reminds me of Patrick Bateman in American Psycho, sans the violence It's fun watching her suitors try to connect with her emotionally when we know there is nothing to connect with. If Taru-chan could read Shimamura's mind, she would probably laugh and say "wow, I dodged that bullet!" and be done with her as a romantic partner. But what if Adachi read Shimamura's mind in the gym at the start of their relationship? This girl who seemed to have the promise of saving Adachi from her empty world of nothing, only to discover that Shimamura was as empty as the world is. What would Adachi have to live for then?

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I have to admit that at some point I started to expect at least a page of text only so this even feels underclimactic to a certain extent, but no complains really - very good depiction of that part of the story. In fact, the manga in my opinion has greatly improved in the last volume or two. I remember it was quite a discrete and noticeable shift - perhaps an editor change. Or maybe it's just that the story has reached the part where it's really good in the books. Or maybe the mangaka has also adapted to the story herself. Anyway, this was good.

Could any LN readers spoil me on how this story goes on ? Havent really read this version after the first one got axed but this chapter was quite something and im curious on how it continues.

Not sure what you expect to hear. It really just goes on further. Like life does. Like the name of the story implies - it covers the relationship of Adachi and Shimamura throughout their whole life, its evolution and growth.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I think the intense range of comments people have had on this from "God I hate Adachi" to "This poor girl needs counseling" shows how effective this did at conveying this breakdown. This was so well done, just like the rest of this manga. The characterization of these two had never faltered, even when that's been crazy painful.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I honestly admit I didn't actually read most of the breakdown, it was hard enough the first time in the LN. Just seeing the walls of text was enough. But now that we're through this, healing can begin.

joined May 1, 2015

Not gonna lie, I would love to get that type of serial killer love confession.
That is a joke.

joined Mar 19, 2022

When your friend is having a full on breakdown so you call her a pain and hang up, great job Shimamura.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

When your friend is having a full on breakdown so you call her a pain and hang up, great job Shimamura.

I mean, she's shown time and again she isn't capable of dealing with these sorts of things. Shimamura is acting very much like Shimamura here. Even if it's likely the literal worst thing she could've done.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

yikes that was relatable if you never learn you'll just keep suffering

joined Sep 23, 2022

Wtf shimamura

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

shimamura's sword, sounds very lewd( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

That meltdow, based

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I'm not gonna say anything particularly spoilery, but as far as the story as a whole goes this is easily the most difficult moment in the series. There are still a few bumps, but going forward it's basically all uphill from here.

joined Jun 11, 2021

ohh... i'm in pain. i desperately need the next chapter

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I mean, she's shown time and again she isn't capable of dealing with these sorts of things. Shimamura is acting very much like Shimamura here. Even if it's likely the literal worst thing she could've done.

Revealed later but the reason behind Shima's answer, beside being very Shima's like, is that she don't understand most of Adachi's monologue because she was sobbing all way through it so what Shima heard was only angry sobbing shouting. I mean yes, this answer wasn't the most appropiate but tbh she don't know what could be appropriate when she don't understand a word. Also Shimamura act like nothing happen the day after.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Woah, she is crazy.

joined Mar 23, 2022

dayum I like how the manga compressed the seven pages from the ln. Kudos to the scanlation team for all the effort for this bloody translation. I literally read the first ten bubbles then anxiety got me through.
I can understand the ouchy response from shimamura it's true but it really hits hard especially for someone who just got an emotional breakdown. adachi sounded really like a toxic and obsessive wannabe gf, it almost looks a hardcore confession to me plus emotional damage. Imagine when you are an introvert and you finally decided to pull out all the things running in your mind into words. at some point I'm glad she finally let it out. Now all she need is a good guide to handle her emotions and teach her how to step up a healthy relationship, though as much as I don't want shimamura to be a part of it, her relationship with adachi will be a great part for the little girl to grow.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I'm just grateful that the author wasn't afraid to write scenes that show actual flawed MCs having genuine ''ugly'' moments like that. Adachi and Shimamura are both complex, imperfect young women and it's a rare thing in that medium.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The worst thing would have been to hang up in the middle of it. At least Shima heard her out.

joined Sep 28, 2022

Both characters can be read as having some level of neurodivergency, it's one of the aspects I really like about this series. Though it can make for a really anxious read too.

While Adachi has trouble with emotional management, Shimamura has aspects of being on the other side of the spectrum where she doesn't always connect or process emotion. Which is part of why she feels she has trouble maintaining connections. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if she simply tuned out what Adachi was saying after a point. Her response of "You're just rambling and it's a pain to deal with" would certainly indicate that.

Was definitely a hard read though, wow.

this is exactly what i've been thinking about both adachi and shimamura, and it's awesome to see it put into words like this

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Pain

joined Jun 11, 2016

Holy hell, that was insane. I would like to thank Cue for translating and Quart for typesetting Adachi's monologue. However, I couldn't finish reading them because of the secondhand cringe, sorry.

I'm not gonna say anything particularly spoilery, but as far as the story as a whole goes this is easily the most difficult moment in the series. There are still a few bumps, but going forward it's basically all uphill from here.

Thank you for the spoiler, I really needed that.

joined Mar 19, 2022

The worst thing would have been to hang up in the middle of it. At least Shima heard her out.

Did she? It seems like she just ignored her and hung up because she didn't feel like dealing with it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.