Forum › 100 Days Until the President and New Hire Have XXX discussion

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

My standard reality check: "Imagine if the boss were a guy, how would I feel about this development?" In this case, very uncomfortable.

I'm sure there's works like that out there, and there's people who would like that sort of thing.

But you don't have to feel guilty for enjoying this one just because it's between two women. It's not real, and it's clearly written to be more lighthearted and fun than a sober look at employer/employee relationship power dynamics. Enjoying a trope in fiction isn't the same as condoning it in real life. :)

Plus, if it's any consolation, I've read the chapters on MangaDex, and not only is Shiramizu pretty damn into it once she realizes what the boss meant by "going out," but the boss herself is pretty hands-off and reserved when it comes to their "dating."

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Monica Lewinsky: The Manga!

BASED

Tbh I also started to read thinking it was a manga about the president of a republic and an intern. I don't associate "president" with "boss of a company" unless said explicitly. Perhaps CEO instead of president would sound better in this case.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Wait no one is questioning the fact the company only had one brand new plate, or that the one plate costs the rough equivalent of 10,000 dollars? Who buys a freaken 10G plate and just lends it to the company staff to use? Lol

I’m pretty sure that it’s supposed to be an ornamental plate (possibly an antique at that price), that she knocked over. It’s a bit of a stretch to assume that it’s actual dishware, especially since she was in what looks like a conference room.

Apparently, a boss who then can use the fact that it's broken to pressure a clueless employee into dating her. :-) My standard reality check: "Imagine if the boss were a guy, how would I feel about this development?" In this case, very uncomfortable.

To be fair, I don’t think switching the genders would change my feelings on the situation. The whole scenario was set up in a pretty lighthearted way, and the boss didn’t really seem intent on actually pressuring her into a relationship (it didn’t even seem like she was expecting her to say yes. It it ethically dubious? Yeah, probably, but it’s not really ringing any moral alarms for me. Imagining the boss as a guy really doesn’t change that for me, either.

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 5:35PM

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Apparently, a boss who then can use the fact that it's broken to pressure a clueless employee into dating her. :-) My standard reality check: "Imagine if the boss were a guy, how would I feel about this development?" In this case, very uncomfortable.

...fuck, you're right, I didn't think about it from that perspective. Either way I'm gonna read it since it's Suzuki-sensei's work, but that kind of dampens the whole thing. Hopefully the series' makes up for it somehow.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

...fuck, you're right, I didn't think about it from that perspective. Either way I'm gonna read it since it's Suzuki-sensei's work, but that kind of dampens the whole thing. Hopefully the series' makes up for it somehow.

Why think about something that isn't in the manga ? It's not about a male boss isn't it ? So why go out of your way and thinking that way for no reason ? You don't even need to think it as a man to feel that way. This developpement can be bad even it's a woman.

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

please tell me i'm not the only one that heard the "million dollar yen exchange for dubious social service" premise and immediately thought of ouran .. i feel like this art-style doesn't really correspond to my tastes but at the same time, i love it a lot? this is a great mangaka to watch out for

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

So let's see if I get this straight (excuse my French).

She broke a plate worth a zillion moneys.

She couldn't pay for it.

Thus, as a punishment, she got a girlfriend who is beautiful, smart, sexy, buxom, stylish and the CEO of a big corporation???

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wait no one is questioning the fact the company only had one brand new plate, or that the one plate costs the rough equivalent of 10,000 dollars? Who buys a freaken 10G plate and just lends it to the company staff to use? Lol

If it's worth that much, it's probably an antique, and it is probably not for use, but for decoration.

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

This is a violation of company policy and a case for the HR department.

joined Oct 26, 2016

Why think about something that isn't in the manga ? It's not about a male boss isn't it ? So why go out of your way and thinking that way for no reason ? You don't even need to think it as a man to feel that way. This developpement can be bad even it's a woman.

Yeah, everyone is free to feel how they feel towards any story, but judging a story based on some alternate version is disingenuous. What if the boss was a guy? What if the MC was also a guy? What if only the MC was a guy? What if the boss was non-binary? What if the boss owned the plate? What if the boss dropped the plate instead? What if they both dropped the plate? Do any of these scenarios matter actually since all of these are as fictional as the story itself?

Yes, there's some abusive power dynamics that can come into play with this setting, but I haven't seen anything like that in this chapter. I mean, the boss asks for clarification and is also embarrassed. If questionable content shows up later then I'll drop it, but I can't really judge something based on 'what ifs'.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 1:18AM

joined Dec 13, 2018

What if you were the plate. Anybody think about that?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I'd have a sudden case of split personality.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yeah, everyone is free to feel how they feel towards any story, but judging a story based on some alternate version is disingenuous. What if the boss was a guy? What if the MC was also a guy? What if only the MC was a guy? What if the boss was non-binary? What if the boss owned the plate? What if the boss dropped the plate instead? What if they both dropped the plate? Do any of these scenarios matter actually since all of these are as fictional as the story itself?

Yes, there's some abusive power dynamics that can come into play with this setting, but I haven't seen anything like that in this chapter. I mean, the boss asks for clarification and is also embarrassed. If questionable content shows up later then I'll drop it, but I can't really judge something based on 'what ifs'.

Apologies if I have ruffled some wrong feathers with my comment. The "what if" scenario I proposed was not meant to artificially guilt-trip anyone for liking this manga. The purpose of my "reality check" was solely to counteract my often-unconscious bias that gives a pass to potentially unhealthy relationships (like unequal power dynamics) just because they are between two women. As a yuri fan, I often find myself distracted by the lilies and subsequently disregarding developments that, just as @Lilliwyt said, can be bad "even if" they are between women. It is for this reason that when something makes me uncomfortable about a yuri relationship, I run it through the "het filter" to find the source of discomfort.

I will continue reading this manga, since @Gellydog's comment indicates that it gets better, but the first chapter still felt off to me.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 3:07AM

joined Apr 16, 2022

Apologies if I have ruffled some wrong feathers with my comment. The "what if" scenario I proposed was not meant to artificially guilt-trip anyone for liking this manga. The purpose of my "reality check" was solely to counteract my often-unconscious bias that gives a pass to potentially unhealthy relationships (like unequal power dynamics) just because they are between two women. As a yuri fan, I often find myself distracted by the lilies and subsequently disregarding developments that, just as @Lilliwyt said, can be bad "even if" they are between women. It is for this reason that when something makes me uncomfortable about a yuri relationship, I run it through the "het filter" to find the source of discomfort.

I understand what you're saying, but there's nothing inherently wrong with exploring unhealthy relationships in a fictional context -- they can sometimes make it more interesting, even. If you're able to enjoy a fictional unhealthy relationship when it's yuri but not when it's het, that's nothing necessarily to be ashamed about; it's just a matter of taste. You're not hurting anyone by reading a manga, after all. That said, you shouldn't force yourself to read a manga that makes you uncomfortable just because it's yuri either.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I love that it is obvious that the president didn't want her to pay it back.
Also love my twisted manga because it is fictional. LET'S GOOOOO

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Excuse me while I fall to the floor, smashing into many pieces much like the tale of Humpty Dumpty. Oh won't someone please put me back together again?

joined May 8, 2018

For some reason, the title made me giggle.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Excuse me while I fall to the floor, smashing into many pieces much like the tale of Humpty Dumpty. Oh won't someone please put me back together again?

Have you tried calling Charles III's men?

Received_330739178846629
joined Jan 15, 2022

My standard reality check: "Imagine if the boss were a guy, how would I feel about this development?" In this case, very uncomfortable.

"Well, f*ck.(⁠⌐⁠■⁠-⁠■⁠)" Was my subconscious reaction, yep. very uncomfortable.

Gonna edit this real quick, don't start an argument/ debate please, I just read another comment and yeah, I'll just clarify that "very uncomfortable" is if the development goes the bad way, but I guess that applies whether they are a man or a woman. Anyway, points the point, yeah? (⁠☞゚⁠ヮ゚⁠)⁠☞

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 8:38AM

joined Oct 26, 2016

I will continue reading this manga, since @Gellydog's comment indicates that it gets better, but the first chapter still felt off to me.

No apology required, I used to do the "het filter" too. I just wanted to point out that the "het filter" may not be accurate because you may have an inherent dislike towards het relationships. I absolutely do and it skewed scenarios in stories towards being harmful when they weren't harmful in the context of the actual story. Nowadays, if I want to do some sort of swap I either switch both of them to guys or both of them to some flavor of non-binary to try and remove bias.

And remember, in the end it's a story you read for enjoyment. If it's fun to read, keep reading. If it's not, stop. That's really the only rule for happy reading.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 1:41PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Have you tried calling Charles III's men?

I tried but unfortunately it seems they're all on vacation x_x

Elfollowermaximo
joined Mar 12, 2021

It seems interesting enough to make me wait for every new chapter...

joined Aug 8, 2020

I fully embrace my willingness to overlook problematic relationship dynamics just because it's Yuri. Same with my willingness to overlook tired tropes and clichés. All I care about is getting to read stories about girls being together, even if it's a little fucked up.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I fully embrace my willingness to overlook problematic relationship dynamics just because it's Yuri. Same with my willingness to overlook tired tropes and clichés. All I care about is getting to read stories about girls being together, even if it's a little fucked up.

I feel like this is what most people do regardless of whether or not it's Yuri. There's a lot of manga I like that have dynamics that IRL I would likely not be okay with, but I'm fine with in manga because it's fiction and we as the readers have a lot more information than we would in a real life equivalent. An easy example would be age gap stories involving a minor.

joined Jul 4, 2018

IT S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.