Forum › 100 Days Until the President and New Hire Have XXX discussion

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I never really got the whole "like as a person" trope in yuri manga. I know that being pan is a thing, but specifically in yuri there's certain instances were it feels like they're sweeping lesbianism under the rug ( or just being gay in general ) by using a more "socially acceptable" answer.
Idk, maybe it's just me getting wierdly upset over specific wording.

No, it's definitely a thing. And I like that Inori calls it out in I Favor the Villainess.

Misha: "Gender doesn't matter, the one you fell in love with just happened to be a girl".

Rei: "No, gender does matter. I like girls"

joined May 3, 2014

I never really got the whole "like as a person" trope in yuri manga. I know that being pan is a thing, but specifically in yuri there's certain instances were it feels like they're sweeping lesbianism under the rug ( or just being gay in general ) by using a more "socially acceptable" answer.

No, it's definitely a thing. And I like that Inori calls it out in I Favor the Villainess.

Misha: "Gender doesn't matter, the one you fell in love with just happened to be a girl".

yeah I HATE that too! because you won’t see the trope used the other way around, since people don’t just go from gay to straight! like imagine THAT conversation!(even tho it will be an interesting story, but we all know bisexual people are erased, and it will get people angry to turn a gay person straight using that trope) it only goes from characters that ar supposed “straight” the “gender doesn’t matter, love people as people” trope is accepted and it does bother me, like WAY not make that character Bisexual??? since the author decided to not bring the topic of sexuality make that character Bisexual.

last edited at Mar 14, 2023 5:19AM

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Poor little butch doesn't have a chance against hyper-femme president.

Is she even butch? Shortie still strikes me as the cute type rather than the handsome kind.

They mean Suzu-senpai is the butch, not the MC or the Prez

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

You just about never see the word '' lesbian'' used in manga/anime, ever. Real life Japanese society just isn't quite at a point yet where living an open same-sex lifestyle is a common accepted thing, let alone identifying yourself as such. They're very much still in the ''don't ask, don't tell'' stage at the moment, which is better than nothing. I'm confident they'll get to the next step at some point down the road. Heck, it's not like living an alternative lifestyle is always a bag of fluffy kittens here in the western world either (^^) We can't exactly judge.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

This series is super cute I remember reading it on mangadex a bit back shame it went on hiatus at 20 chapters and has been on it for quite some time :/ I love how innocent the MC is in this and it just grows more and more over the course of this.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm here once again to propose a threesome as a solution haha

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Admittedly, it's not that bad in this case, partially because we're dealing with a very roundabout conversation where she's trying to give an answer without necessarily outing herself, and partially because she's giving advice to a rather confused woman who so far hasn't even thought of such a possibility and for whom it's much easier to consider how she feels about one specific person as opposed to a generic idea of dating a woman. Any discussion of her actual sexuality can come later, once she's actually realized that she can feel like this.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

yeah I HATE that too! because you won’t see the trope used the other way around, since people don’t just go from gay to straight! like imagine THAT conversation!(even tho it will be an interesting story, but we all know bisexual people are erased, and it will get people angry to turn a gay person straight using that trope) it only goes from characters that ar supposed “straight” the “gender doesn’t matter, love people as people” trope is accepted and it does bother me, like WAY not make that character Bisexual??? since the author decided to not bring the topic of sexuality make that character Bisexual.

They do have a show like that I think where a gay man falls for a woman

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

I was getting so into it that I couldn't believe I reached the end of the chapters available

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I was getting so into it that I couldn't believe I reached the end of the chapters available

Author of this series has some kind of health complications, so this serialization has ended to chapter 20, according to Yuri Hime's announcement.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Nice to see this again, they're very cute

Author of this series has some kind of health complications, so this serialization has ended to chapter 20, according to Yuri Hime's announcement.

That's unfortunate to hear, I hope they're doing better now

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

You beat me to it. Rei Taylor is on fire in that scene. I think it both caused her best friend to understand her more
AND made her crush start to get used to the idea. And without being creepy (or at least compared to some of her earlier behaviour) if her crush ended up not working out. Remember, literally saving her LIFE is priority one for Rei.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Could it be... Aomi is under the misapprehension that Shiromizu likes her?

That cocky face (in page 7 last panel) makes me wonder.

Oh dear.

joined Oct 12, 2021

Man, I was about to say how it's been almost a year since the last upload, and then saw some comments here and checked the mangadex page. The cancellation notice was posted there 9 months ago, with chapter 20 being the last one released. Which really sucks, but the reason for that is the author's health problems, and by all means, health comes first. 

joined Jun 11, 2016

https://mangadex.org/title/9351c355-4468-4b1d-84a7-f5b645c7467b/100-nichi-go-ni-suru-onna-shachou-to-shinyuu-shain

it's completely translated on managdex btw. Not sure why it wasn't uploaded here until now.

joined Sep 27, 2017

https://mangadex.org/title/9351c355-4468-4b1d-84a7-f5b645c7467b/100-nichi-go-ni-suru-onna-shachou-to-shinyuu-shain

it's completely translated on managdex btw. Not sure why it wasn't uploaded here until now.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Well it's genuinely worrying that the creator's Twitter is gone, and that they've posted nothing on Pixiv since. I really hope they're okay :(

last edited at Feb 20, 2024 2:06PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

joined Oct 12, 2021

Edit: Well it's genuinely worrying that the creator's Twitter is gone, and that they've posted nothing on Pixiv since. I really hope they're okay :(

I believe this is their new Twitter, but I've no idea how to edit the author page on dynasty:
https://x.com/zuojisan?t=T_CWiun1syfSC8g5fuvvZQ&s=09
They have posted some cool stuff there, so hope they've recovered and are doing fine.

last edited at Feb 21, 2024 9:07AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

I believe this is their new Twitter, but I've no idea how to edit the author page on dynasty:
https://x.com/zuojisan?t=T_CWiun1syfSC8g5fuvvZQ&s=09
They have posted some cool stuff there, so hope they've recovered and are doing fine.

Whew, that's hopeful at least. Thanks for the heads up!

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Yikes. I wonder what gay guys feel about that one. It makes for interesting premise, but I’m it gives certain icky vibes if you will since it ch could possibly have people saying “see? it’s not hard.”

joined May 3, 2014

Yikes. I wonder what gay guys feel about that one. It makes for interesting premise, but I’m it gives certain icky vibes if you will since it ch could possibly have people saying “see? it’s not hard.”

oh it goes like that for SURE! i remember a american show, were Mormon gay men are married to women and they all know it! it was……UGHHHH

To reply you must either login or sign up.