Forum › 100 Days Until the President and New Hire Have XXX discussion

joined Dec 13, 2018

What if you were the plate. Anybody think about that?

I'd have a sudden case of split personality.

nice

last edited at Oct 21, 2022 2:17PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I agree with you, president-san. Shiramizu is the cutest. (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

Even when she's scratching her butt she's cute. (⁀ ᗢ⁀)

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Hopefully she discovers that gay dates also involve kissing :P

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Apparently, a boss who then can use the fact that it's broken to pressure a clueless employee into dating her. :-) My standard reality check: "Imagine if the boss were a guy, how would I feel about this development?" In this case, very uncomfortable.

...fuck, you're right, I didn't think about it from that perspective. Either way I'm gonna read it since it's Suzuki-sensei's work, but that kind of dampens the whole thing. Hopefully the series' makes up for it somehow.

Why think about something that isn't in the manga ? It's not about a male boss isn't it ? So why go out of your way and thinking that way for no reason ? You don't even need to think it as a man to feel that way. This developpement can be bad even it's a woman.

You're completely right. As other comments have also expressed I feel like I run the "het filter" to judge yuri or queer content in general beforehand because of my tendency to be bias and give a pass towards those kinds of works. But yeah, judging a story when it hasn't even started it's a pretty foolish thing to do, same with prohibiting myself from enjoying a work based solely on how dubious the morality of the whole scenario might be.

So far the story seems nice tho. Can't wait for Shiramizu to realize girls can kiss each other too lol

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Wait no one is questioning the fact the company only had one brand new plate, or that the one plate costs the rough equivalent of 10,000 dollars? Who buys a freaken 10G plate and just lends it to the company staff to use? Lol

I’m pretty sure that it’s supposed to be an ornamental plate (possibly an antique at that price), that she knocked over. It’s a bit of a stretch to assume that it’s actual dishware, especially since she was in what looks like a conference room.

Lots of people have given an answer like this. I had not expected that many people would have failed to "get" this--this is a classic, famous Japanese scam that has appeared in many, many manga. The way it works is, you have some piece of ceramic--plate, vase, whatever--which could plausibly be an antique worth a bunch. But it isn't, it's a cheap mass-produced knockoff worth 100 yen. You put it somewhere it's easy to knock over, or you maneuver yourself in front of someone in a hurry and have them "knock it out of your hands", et cetera. Then you shake them down for money and/or services, falsely claiming it's massively valuable. It seems to be the oldest con in the Japanese book.

In this case I don't think the president set it up. But probably upon seeing the broken plate she had this moment of inspiration, like, "I can do the plate scam! Whoa, for real, she's the type to fall for it too!" and went for it.

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

Apparently, a boss who then can use the fact that it's broken to pressure a clueless employee into dating her. :-) My standard reality check: "Imagine if the boss were a guy, how would I feel about this development?" In this case, very uncomfortable.

...fuck, you're right, I didn't think about it from that perspective. Either way I'm gonna read it since it's Suzuki-sensei's work, but that kind of dampens the whole thing. Hopefully the series' makes up for it somehow.

Why think about something that isn't in the manga ? It's not about a male boss isn't it ? So why go out of your way and thinking that way for no reason ? You don't even need to think it as a man to feel that way. This developpement can be bad even it's a woman.

You're completely right. As other comments have also expressed I feel like I run the "het filter" to judge yuri or queer content in general beforehand because of my tendency to be bias and give a pass towards those kinds of works. But yeah, judging a story when it hasn't even started it's a pretty foolish thing to do, same with prohibiting myself from enjoying a work based solely on how dubious the morality of the whole scenario might be.

So far the story seems nice tho. Can't wait for Shiramizu to realize girls can kiss each other too lol

A good example since the series just ended is can't defy the lonely girl that series started off with literal blackmail for kisses and technically ayaka was also using sora for her own benefit. By the end of that series no one considers that relevant because of how they interact with eachother and no one has a bad word to say about it. I am almost certain this is just a tool to make a cute story and not trying to be problematic or brush off something problematic.

As mentioned above this is a pretty classic Japanese scam that gets lots of representation in media. Personally based on the reaction of the boss I feel like she asked would you date me as a joke because after the snap reply yes she's silent and seems to be a bit shocked and then just rolls with it because she likes her subordinate.

last edited at Oct 25, 2022 10:00AM

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

After that ending this chapter better have the wholesome tag. God damn it felt like ate 26 pixie sticks.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Cuuute

joined Feb 1, 2021

Shiramizu is basically just a puppy.

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

I see a disturbance to the fluff that this series is and I do not like it but let's see where it goes

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I see a disturbance to the fluff that this series is and I do not like it but let's see where it goes

I mean, it's Suzuki Senpai, so odds are good that Coworker-san just wants in on that action. And, this being Suzuki Senpai, they might get it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Lol at pac-man Shiramizu.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

If this was anything else, it could have been sexual harassment

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

Love this, Suzuki Senpai never misses.

Also I just realized that Shiramizu kinda looks like Kobeni lol. Similar hair and wears a suit.

Though Shiramizu is way more airheaded then Kobeni lmao.

last edited at Dec 15, 2022 3:41AM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

yes, do the lewd owo

joined Dec 12, 2022

Aaa..finaly new chapter.. yeshh !!!

joined Sep 27, 2017

Gotta love the power of the internet!

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Girl is looking to speed-run now, there's still a number of days left lol

last edited at Feb 12, 2023 7:39PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

In previous chapters, the president didn't use honorifics on Shiramizu, but now she's using "-san." Did she start doing so in this chapter, or did the translator decide to start including honorifics?

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

GGRKS is an okay search engine. I tell you, it really went downhill after they changed their slogan from "dg nz vyvl"

Dyck Dyck Gr is my prefered search engine these days.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Epic page that I suspect I'm gonna reference a lot in the future, like every time a girl goes "But... what should two girls do if they're dating?" in a yuri manga:

joined Aug 21, 2017

The title of this manga is so ominous. They're GOING to do it. It's written in the strings of fate. Actual Rick and Morty "Jerry will fuck his mom" energy.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

I never really got the whole "like as a person" trope in yuri manga. I know that being pan is a thing, but specifically in yuri there's certain instances were it feels like they're sweeping lesbianism under the rug ( or just being gay in general ) by using a more "socially acceptable" answer.
Idk, maybe it's just me getting wierdly upset over specific wording.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Poor little butch doesn't have a chance against hyper-femme president.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Poor little butch doesn't have a chance against hyper-femme president.

Is she even butch? Shortie still strikes me as the cute type rather than the handsome kind.

To reply you must either login or sign up.