Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

I predict that Mitsuki and Jerkface will be doing committee work alone since Aya won’t be helping out anymore. Jerkface will ask why doesn’t she just tell Aya who she really is and we get a trauma backstory on Mitsuki’s insecurity of why she doesn’t feel like she can stand next to/confront Aya.

Bonus prediction: Mitsuki’s insecurities maybe come from the “childhood friend” we have yet to see, but that’s just my stab in the dark shrug

last edited at Sep 25, 2022 9:59AM

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

aahh things are coming to a head this is so exciting!!!

joined Mar 15, 2015

I predict that Mitsuki and Jerkface will be doing committee work alone since Aya won’t be helping out anymore. Jerkface will ask why doesn’t she just tell Aya who she really is and we get a trauma backstory on Mitsuki’s insecurity of why she doesn’t feel like she can stand next to/confront Aya.

Bonus prediction: Mitsuki’s insecurities maybe come from the “childhood friend” we have yet to see, but that’s just my stab in the dark shrug

Isn't helping out at the festival mandatory? That would explain why Jerkface chose a role that would let him go home early, but it should also imply that Aya can't just quit.

While Mitsuki will have to take the initiative, Aya will also have to come to terms with learning about Mitsuki's gender so she can talk about her feelings in a way that will resolve the problem. In short, both of them will have to work through their feelings first, so it's unfortunate that Aya not only can't bring herself to talk to Mitsuki, but is avoiding her.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I kinda hope not and that she is just socially insecure and really introverted. Every time we get a situation like this, it always ends up with a dramatic backstory and childhood trauma involved - for once, I wish it was just a person's natural inclinations to be the cause instead of some freudian excuse.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm so glad there wasn't any "oh are they related??" and thought there was a cousin or a twin gag lol

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

You're probably right, though I really hope not, just because I would hope to avoid that common scenario (it seems to always pop up in too many angst-y stories).

Guess my music preferences are kicking in because I kept hearing "Behind Blue Eyes" from The Who playing in my head while reading this chapter. Just seems to fit the mood too well.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

She said it! She said the thing!

joined Jan 14, 2020

I mean Mitsuki is being a bit of garbo in this situation. It's not like she's not aware of Aya's affection towards her "guy" side. So what was the plan to just lead her along till a situation like this would happen anyway in the future? Where it comes out by accident. More than disappointing the other girl seems like someone was being a coward.

Plan? What plan?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Now I wonder if the story will end at the reconciliation or if we will get to see their relationship develop (friends to this)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean Mitsuki is being a bit of garbo in this situation. It's not like she's not aware of Aya's affection towards her "guy" side. So what was the plan to just lead her along till a situation like this would happen anyway in the future? Where it comes out by accident. More than disappointing the other girl seems like someone was being a coward.

Plan? What plan?

Right? The whole point of the story is that Mitsuki is too shy and afraid to ‘fess up to Aya that she’s a girl.

It’s the introvert’s creed: “Never face up to a potentially embarrassing situation until there’s not the faintest hope of doing anything else (and even then hope for a miracle to save you).”

joined Feb 5, 2020

I was rereading the whole thing (...for like the fifth time by now) and coming across this, the bottom right panel with Aya blushing at school really really really excites me and keeps my hope up for the eventual reconciliation. Please make out soon. I meant make up, sorry not really

Plan? What plan?

Right? The whole point of the story is that Mitsuki is too shy and afraid to ‘fess up to Aya that she’s a girl.

It’s the introvert’s creed: “Never face up to a potentially embarrassing situation until there’s not the faintest hope of doing anything else (and even then hope for a miracle to save you).”

Definitely seems like Mitsuki's going with the flow because she's too much of a scaredy-cat is what I understood too. Like she just hopes that there'll be a way out somewhere. Totally something I would end up doing lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

SHE SAID THE TITLE
ITS THE END OH NYO

Surely you mean it's finally beginning.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Kicking a problem down the road and have it snowball should be a relatable experience to most people to some extent ngl

joined Sep 24, 2022

So is this like that self-fulfilling prophecy? You don't do something (or do something) to avoid a specific thing from happening ... And because of that, it happens.

Buuut it's fine. As in, I dig it, cause it is a somewhat unique situation, and while it pictures (at least for me) Mitsuki in a bit of bad light, I can understand it. She better make up for it and Aya better not just accept some bs and go with it as if nothing bad ever happened.

FWIW, it feels pretty close to how the average teenager might react, to me at least. Especially a somewhat socially awkward one like Mitsuki, who's probably used to making up excuses to avoid things. She's just not well equipped to deal with the whole situation and she's reacting on instinct at this point, like a shy teenager would.

I think a really important part here is that she’s not just shy, but still working to accept who she is at a really fundamental level. High school is awkward and unpleasant enough when you’re not struggling with your sexuality. It adds another level of stress when you have feelings for someone but you’re scared to express them and out yourself in doing so.

I have a lot of empathy for Mitsuki, it’s an extremely scary and vulnerable position to find yourself in. As much as I remember how much being closeted really sucked, sometimes it really did seem easier than opening up to someone and facing the potential consequences. They’re obviously both queer, so I’m looking forward to seeing them figure it all out, hopefully together.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Just kiss already

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Might be seeing this wrong, but are Koga's fingertips bandaged up? Maybe like a trying to sow an apology gift or something?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Might be seeing this wrong, but are Koga's fingertips bandaged up? Maybe like a trying to sow an apology gift or something?

It was mentioned on the previous page, but probably from guitar practice.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I don’t think it’s ever been stated that she even knows how to sew. As someone further back in the discussion said, they’re probably there because she’s been practicing with her new guitar, which can really slice up your fingers.

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

Oop here comes the angst train

joined Jan 14, 2015

leo pointing.png

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I enjoy how, along with her fingers being bandaged, she's visibly tired implying she's going super hard on practicing her new guitar.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I enjoy how, along with her fingers being bandaged, she's visibly tired implying she's going super hard on practicing her new guitar.

Enjoying its curves and practicing her fingering.

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Calling it right now.

Aya is going to leave the committee and then get surprised during the cultural festival when Mistuki is on stage playing for her.

Bonus points if in the mean time Mistuki figures out what happened, but instead of reaching out to Aya like a good communicator(she's still a teen after all) she gets roped into going in stage by our favorite 'cool' guy.

Edit: Because our 'cool' guy seems like the type to take advice from fiction, and a big gesture like that is definitely something a cool guy in a movie would do and Mitsuki is a cool 'guy' so it makes perfect sense.

It's going to be so good. Ugh, I can't wait.

my money is on this comment ya'll! great detective work officer kiramman!

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

I wonder if Aya would be this mad if her crush turned out to be an awkward boy sitting beside her at school (and Aya being het) instead of an awkward girl. I mean, god knows having your sexuality thrown into disarray can hurt, but it's difficult to tell how much that matters compared to the rest of the feeling of betrayal.

Also it's great to see Mitsuki's wear and tear from battling guitar strings.

last edited at Sep 25, 2022 11:17PM

joined Jul 7, 2020

depressium

To reply you must either login or sign up.