Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Daremo from Parts Unknown posted:

Hey listen, did Fukunaga just say to Mitsuki: “Keep trying to seduce my blondie, you lesbo bitch, and I'll fire your ass so hard you'll get burn marks on your buttcheeks!” or did I get his implied meaning wrong??

You got it completely wrong. He's in a poly relationship with Nanami and gets his kick out of jealousy. Why would he be against a new source of "pleasure" for him?

He just told her to be careful and keep her relationship with Nanami separate with her dealing with her as a customer.

Which is just what he did himself: when Nanami and Hiroki came to tour the Hotel, he made someone else do it.

joined Apr 16, 2022

In other words, Fukunaga's position is that Mitsuki needs to wait until Nanami's married so it'll be proper adultery.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

The next step is sort things out with Jun-kun. I don't know how it will play out, but I think he's not completely unaware there's something wrong with their relationship, so it may not be as messy as we think. He may even accept Kashiwai's relationship with Tsuzuki and not be actually jealous, which would be an interesting twist.

If Akiyama is going to go the maximum drama route -- and it's Akiyama so there's a high chance of that -- then Jun will inwardly be upset and jealous but agree to some sort of poly relationship because he still loves Kashiwai and doesn't want to lose her.

Oh, that's painfully plausible. I know a lot of people in healthy poly relationships, probably the majority of my social circles, but I have never seen trying to open a previously-exclusive relationship after one partner has already kissed someone else behind their partner's back go well. Tends to end in a lot of heartbreak and hurt feelings, but at least people have a better idea of what they want and how to communicate it going into their next relationship(s).

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Oh, that's painfully plausible. I know a lot of people in healthy poly relationships, probably the majority of my social circles, but I have never seen trying to open a previously-exclusive relationship after one partner has already kissed someone else behind their partner's back go well.

Your social circles must be vaster than the sample population of a Kinsey report.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Oh, that's painfully plausible. I know a lot of people in healthy poly relationships, probably the majority of my social circles, but I have never seen trying to open a previously-exclusive relationship after one partner has already kissed someone else behind their partner's back go well.

Your social circles must be vaster than the sample population of a Kinsey report.

It's almost like queer and poly people tend to clump together :P

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Well that's rough

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

All least, none is cheating anymore.

joined Apr 16, 2022

This chapter was one of the most stressful things I've ever read, it's like a manga version of Uncut Gems. I love it and cannot wait for more.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oof well, let's see how Mitsuki deals with actually being in a poly relationship, because I can see the tension building and while personally I would like to see it resolved in time. It is still to soon to say where exactly this is going to go.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

There are no happy endings for us here.

joined Sep 12, 2021

I disagree, I still think Kashiwai is cheating on her fiancé. She didn't tell him the whole truth about her infidelity and they haven't broken up yet.

I'm curious about how the boss will react to this. He seems like the jealous type, but I'm hoping he'll tell that guy to stop being nosy.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Weeb Depression posted:

I disagree, I still think Kashiwai is cheating on her fiancé. She didn't tell him the whole truth about her infidelity and they haven't broken up yet.

I'm curious about how the boss will react to this. He seems like the jealous type, but I'm hoping he'll tell that guy to stop being nosy.

Didn't tell the truth? He refused to hear her, so how could she?

They have broken up, obviously.

As for the boss, since Hiroki knows, Fukunaga knows too.

And you didn't read the manga or what? Fukunaga isn't the "jealous type". He reveals in jealousy.

So, Awa-kun may be in for a surprise.

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 6:12PM

joined May 29, 2021

joined Aug 1, 2021

god damn I hate this but I can't just drop it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

God I just love this even more with every chapter. I loved that panel transition from Awa asking if Kashiwai was gonna be alright, to Kashiwai waving away his concerns and then getting a cold dose of reality in the next. The impact of it just hurt so good.

I also love how even with Kashiwai's addition that Tsuzuki is still holding firm to her rules and doesn't give her any special treatment. It's a refreshing portrayal of polyamory. Seems to me the way this story is gonna go more into how Kashiwai will deal with the true reality of what it means to be with Tsuzuki and that there's more to consider than the fantasy that she's been having in her head.

I wonder if Awa revealing to the boss about knowing Kashiwai's involvement with Tsuzuki will do anything. Fukunaga already warned Kashiwai to keep business and private matters separate so I feel like this just proves she couldn't....

Sad there's gonna be a hiatus for the next month, but I'll wait patiently :) (still would like a chapter from Tsuzuki's pov soon!)

joined Apr 16, 2022

I wonder if Awa revealing to the boss about knowing Kashiwai's involvement with Tsuzuki will do anything. Fukunaga already warned Kashiwai to keep business and private matters separate so I feel like this just proves she couldn't....

Shouldn't the boss already know, since he's part of the polycule?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I'm sorry the more this series goes on the more I hate Tsuzuki. She's so fucking smug and like she's the queen bee and I just hate her so damn much. If I didn't want to keep reading this train wreck just to see Kashiwai get crushed and feel awful I would have dropped this a few chapters ago.

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 7:37PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

No not about the relationship but that it has already leaked into her work life by having coworkers getting involved. I read the boss's warning like "it's cool if it doesn't affect your work life and if no one finds out (like how i've been doing it)", but now it'll be revealed that someone else in the company HAS found out.

I'm sorry the more this series goes on the more I hate Tsuzuki. She's so fucking smug and like she's the queen bee and I just hate her so damn much. If I didn't want to keep reading this train wreck just to see Kashiwai get her crushed and feel awful I would have dropped this a few chapters ago.

I think you need to reread chapter 3 because we were shown that Tsuzuki is FAR from smug. She doesn't believe she owns her partners and doesn't manipulate them in any way. She set clear rules and boundaries for her relationships and is standing by them. Tsuzuki is not the one in the wrong here so there really isn't anything for her to deserve being crushed. Your comment actually kinda reminds me of how her ex-best friend reacted to her being "whatever" about her boyfriend cheating on her. Just cause you don't understand how she operates doesn't mean she's an evil cold hearted bitch

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 7:20PM

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I've been wondering exactly why the boss tried to discourage Kashiwai from pursuing Tsuzuki. We already know that he gets off on jealousy; is he just afraid of her monopolizing Kashiwai entirely, or is there anything more to it? Maybe he just knows the two of them well enough to think they're genuinely incompatible. Still leaning towards the first option, but I question it for some reason.

EDIT: ^ You're probably right.

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 7:21PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

What an amazing series, I'm getting such a kick out of it.

joined May 29, 2021

It's a refreshing portrayal of polyamory.

What's the line between polyamory and someone just making a harem for themselves? I get that not every instance of polyamory has every participant in love with every other participant, but the name by definition implies a lot of LOVE. Here I'm just seeing a bunch of people in love with one woman and they kind of barely tolerate each other, mostly to sate that ONE woman.

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 7:34PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

No not about the relationship but that it has already leaked into her work life by having coworkers getting involved. I read the boss's warning like "it's cool if it doesn't affect your work life and if no one finds out (like how i've been doing it)", but now it'll be revealed that someone else in the company HAS found out.

Ah, that makes sense. And yes, Kashiwai has absolutely failed at keeping her professional and personal lives separate when she's macking on her client in her work bathroom lmao. It's only right to take her off Tsuzuki's case, I guess the question is whether she'll face further consequences.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I think you need to reread chapter 3 because we were shown that Tsuzuki is FAR from smug. She doesn't believe she owns her partners and doesn't manipulate them in any way. She set clear rules and boundaries for her relationships and is standing by them. Tsuzuki is not the one in the wrong here so there really isn't anything for her to deserve being crushed. Your comment actually kinda reminds me of how her ex-best friend reacted to her being "whatever" about her boyfriend cheating on her. Just cause you don't understand how she operates doesn't mean she's an evil cold hearted bitch

I actually meant I want Kashiwai to be crushed I don't like Tsuzuki so I really don't give a shit what happens to her in the end.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Oh, how juicy. Kashiwai is seeing the consequences for her actions with Jun, and while she doesn't know how to deal with that other than the fact that she wants to be with Tsuzuki, she still doesn't quite have her head around how they operate as a polycule. That's gonna fuck her up a bit in the meantime.

I wonder what's going to become of Awa-kun's request. I can't wait.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Awa, you seem untrustworthy—your face is drawn too narrow.

To reply you must either login or sign up.