Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

joined Mar 23, 2022

mission accomplished: tae chan successfully got a new Pokemon,gotta cached them all. mai chan looks jelly! thank you sooooo much for all the efforts in this updates!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I hated the ending of this 100% I dislike Houjou and now knowing she's going to not only be around probably almost every chapter that pulls away from Mai and her cute flirting with Tae (evident as their was zero of that outside of the bonus chapter),

Tae mentioned they would hang out once a week but clearly she's going to now be stuck to her and it's going to become very obnoxious as Houjou's character in general is exactly that. With Mai's flirting it's cute and funny because even if she is a grade schooler she damn sure looks nothing like one... With Houjou... It's gonna feel like I'm reading Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga arimasu. No thanks I hope she doesn't even attempt to do a tiny fraction of the stuff Mai is done since the start of this.

Also the whole "don't take them away from me" when all they've shown of her is just be a raging bitch to Mai just doesn't work for me as every interaction between them has had zero friendship at all.

This series works because of the fun part of what Mai looks like and knowing her age I don't need and dumb grade school love triangles or grade school harems.

last edited at Aug 18, 2022 6:47PM

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Hitomi being best girl and the author subverting the usual forced-drama nonsense. I like it.

joined Apr 16, 2022

...explore the consequences and implications of an adult dating a grade schooler...

That is one hell of a sentence, lawd almighty. This isn't me taking a dig at you, I'm simply amused.

Yeahhh I kind of hesitated in how to phrase it, but well, it is what it is lmao.

I agree it would be a rather tall task to actually do this, but it's precisely the fact that, as you say, "Mai is anything but a normal grade-schooler" that would make it kind of work. This manga's premise is practically speculative fiction, which is why it prompted a bunch of hilarious theories earlier in this thread, and while that premise has mainly been used for comedy there has been a steady increase in dramatic storylines too ever since the end of volume 1. Even the whole "grade schooler harem" thing this volume ended on, while seemingly straight comedy, could easily be used to prompt Tae to realize that Yuki's affections for her (respect, replacement mother figure, etc) are fundamentally different from how Mai likes her.

I'm blanking out on the name right now, but there's another story which is somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine in which an older women unintentionally seduces three highschoolers thanks to her motherly nature

Ikenai Otona?

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Tae-chan having one 11 year old special friend rewarding, Tae-chan going the harum route priceless.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

No matter how cliche it is, the cuties are happy in the end and that makes me happy.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's cute, if weird...

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

It was a weird road to get to this point, but I can't hate how it ended.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Still an amusing read. Well balanced and not too over the top with the drama or the anticipation so that's always enjoyable. Eagerly waiting the next updates!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

So did Hitomi just want Azuma out of the way because she could intuit that Tae wanted have her hear to heart with Houjou or was she jealous Azuma was fawning over Houjou?

I'm going with jealous.

Definitely jealous. She and Mai are the same: they picked an onee-san and don’t want to share.

At least Hitomi-chan is great in every panel she's in.

Hitomi-chan, the character with zero (?) lines, is the best one of the bunch.
Such a chad.

last edited at Aug 18, 2022 8:31PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

No fucking way. she’s actually starting a harem of elementary school girls

If anything, the elementary school girls are starting a harem of Tae... (For all that she's supposed to be an adult, she doesn't really feel like one most of the time, IMO.)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wait. Did this just go from a Lolicon Yuri to a HaremLolicon Yuri ?

last edited at Aug 18, 2022 8:54PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm blanking out on the name right now, but there's another story which is somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine in which an older women unintentionally seduces three highschoolers thanks to her motherly nature

Ikenai Otona?

Good catch--I haven't thought about that one for a very long time.

This series is just profoundly weird, and while I always resist people who accuse readers of "overthinking" about stories, this one really doesn't bear a whole lot of deep thinking about the big picture.

The Mai-Tae interactions are quite hilarious, Hitomi is completely adorable, and the Older than she looks + Younger than she looks combo is a guaranteed "hijinks ensue." But as I've said before, the author making Mai ten [now eleven] just puts this into a completely bizarre space such that I haven't the foggiest sense of where the author is ever ultimately going with it.

EDIT: This is me suddenly realizing how on-the-nose it is that Hitomi gets "shortcake" and Mai gets "cheesecake" in the extra.

last edited at Aug 18, 2022 9:02PM

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

Tae can't stop WINNING

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

It's a Loli-triangle
Also, I can't get over the fact the Shion's favorite thing is stated as 'little girls' and whats on the backcover of the book. I have thoughts and feelings regarding this

joined Aug 6, 2021

This manga brings me nothing but disgust and disdain. It's a story revolving around an adult being attracted to a 10 year old, but it's loosely "justified" for some reason because she has the big booba. It's just as bullshit as the "I'm actually 3000 years old I just look like a child" excuse. You're all pedophiles. Adults being attracted to 10 year olds is fucked no matter how they look.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This manga brings me nothing but disgust and disdain. It's a story revolving around an adult being attracted to a 10 year old, but it's loosely "justified" for some reason because she has the big booba. It's just as bullshit as the "I'm actually 3000 years old I just look like a child" excuse. You're all pedophiles. Adults being attracted to 10 year olds is fucked no matter how they look.

You seem upset. Because there are about a half-dozen logical fallacies/inconsistencies in your post, suggesting that you are too upset to think clearly.

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

So the new smol girl also ended falling in love with Tae? Looool

This is getting better NGL

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

That's nice. The door is over there, if you'd like.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

"Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name~"

"And they're always glad you came~"

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Digesting and commenting on creative works is not a tacit admission of committing the actions in the works. Discussing a story as the story is presented, as enjoyers of storytelling, does not make us participants in the fictional world as if it were reality.

last edited at Aug 19, 2022 12:50AM

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

The slope is getting more and more slippery, Tae-chan. Be careful, Tae-chan.

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Uh...calling everyone that reads this manga a pedo is kind of a streeeetch. I read this manga and am in no way attracted to children. It's fiction it's not real, they're drawings. However when I've come across news of someone irl that took advantage of a child/children it makes me furious because that's an actual living being, it's reality and a kid shouldn't have to go through that ever.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...Tae to realize that Yuki's affections for her (respect, replacement mother figure, etc) are fundamentally different from how Mai likes her.

I'm fairly certain that she's aware of it to some degree, but is still stuck in the "is this a crime? am I a criminal? oh no she's hot; I'm going to jail!" phase to actually process anything, but I'd also like a development like that. Honestly, in a way, so long as it happens as organically as things have been developing thus far, I'm all for it.

Though we don't know yet just how Yuki's newfound affection will fully manifest, and this could be a very amusing can of worms in itself and I'm excited to see it opened.

Thinking about it... there is Mai's perspective to explore, it's obvious that she's a girl in love, but she's completely clueless at this point, so maybe if the series explores that first then there's something to work with. Though something tells me that this would be kept as an "escape avenue" if the series gets axed or gets close to ending.

Ikenai Otona?

Yes, that's the one. I genuinely love it, it's a great read.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I'm fairly certain that she's aware of [Mai's feelings] to some degree, but is still stuck in the "is this a crime? am I a criminal? oh no she's hot; I'm going to jail!" phase to actually process anything

Tae acknowledging that she's attracted to Mai is one thing, she more or less made peace with that in volume 1; she may get flustered by Mai's teasing but she's still able to mostly keep her feelings in check and maintain the status quo, albeit always with the constantly-repeated refrain that her friendship with Mai has a strict time limit. Her potentially acknowledging that her feelings are reciprocal (and I agree it's hard to imagine she's not aware of that on some level) opens up a much different -- and scarier -- can of worms, and it'll probably take something major to force her to face it.

As for Yuki's role, while the jokes about Tae getting a loli harem are funny, this manga has pretty consistently taken typical forced drama starting points (marriage interview! new rival! misunderstandings!) in novel, relatively low-key directions. That's why I think Yuki making Tae into a surrogate big sister or mother -- in a hilariously over-the-top and possessive way, of course -- is more likely than the manga turning into a genuine love triangle. After all, she calls Tae "onee-sama," putting her on a pedestal, while Mai has always treated Tae as an equal (and often as an inferior lol).

To reply you must either login or sign up.