Forum › My Female Friend Comes Home to Me Every Now and Again discussion

joined Apr 16, 2022

Loved this when I read the raw during my "let's read every Arai Sumiko work" phase a while ago, super happy to see it getting translated. These two are probably my favorite pair of Arai protagonists. Falling in love despite (but also because of) being so different it's almost (but not quite) impossible to see the relationship working out has a very strong appeal to me and I wish we saw it more often.

joined Mar 23, 2022

damn cliffhanger at it's finest!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

So sad to see that the story was dropped right when the plot was going to get traction (with the confession). Like, damn… Sumiko, you had something there. But maybe it didn’t work for the author and we gotta respect it.

For those who don’t know the author, currently they are working on “The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn’t a Guy At All”. It’s a weekly twitter series (so 4 pages per chapter) that comes out every Sunday. Besides that series, the author hasn’t been posting anything else, so any other series by them (such as this one, from their pixiv) are probably on hold or have been dropped by the author.

However, there is a 40-chapter (completed) long strip comic by them:
https://www.comico.jp/comic/7318
It seems like a love-triangle situation. Maybe some similar vibes to this story (Girl’s Love, Male Character involved), however not as serious because you can notice Sumiko’s comedic tone in the art style, just like in the Green background series, with the characters faces and the likes.
Couldn’t read it all since I don’t speak japanese, but if anyone wishes to pick it up… Maybe Yuri Project can.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wow What the heck? I saw the ch2 thinking it was a one shot! You Could totally read ch2 without realizing there's some context missing and think it was also a self contained story with a good ending that leaves people with enough room to think for themselves.

Should I read ch1 or wait for the third and see what happens ?

Nvm it seems that there won't be a third hahaha but yeah a confession breaks the circle/curse for both of them, you can choose what to think about what happened after, as for myself, I'm satisfied.

last edited at Aug 12, 2022 10:29AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

WHAT THIS IS ALL WE GET!? What a shitty way to end omg. Confessing a week before you leave... And the angst was at an all time high this entire chapter. Huge huge huge shame we wont see what happens next ugh.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Huge huge huge shame we wont see what happens next ugh.

What makes you think there won't be a third chapter?

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

that honestly really really works as an ending. would totally be fine on that note.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

i dont think its oh confessing to you before you leave, her intention seemed to be, I am going to go with her.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

i dont think its oh confessing to you before you leave, her intention seemed to be, I am going to go with her.

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

sumiko's art makes me so weak

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Huge huge huge shame we wont see what happens next ugh.

What makes you think there won't be a third chapter?

Last update was summer of last year

joined Sep 6, 2018

This is the good stuff! More please.

(There isn’t any NSFW, yet the feels are really strong with this one… kinda like “Haru and Midori”. That says a lot when I compare this one to that one… my compliments.)

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Came to the comments for discussion, leaving heartbroken that we wont get any more

joined Apr 16, 2022

To be clear, there will be more in this series; Arai wrote a series of Twitter shorts about this couple that the scanlators have already said they'll be translating. I think you all will be satisfied by them.

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Everything this author puts out is an absolute bomb

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

"I guess I will be marrying this guy at some point."

This sentence is doing some heavy lifting.

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

I LOVE THIS AAAHHH

Also, why no yuri tag?

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

Gotta love the combination of art and mood. Reminds me of Yamaji Ebine's works in the best way. The characters are elegantly caught up in themselves and each other.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Mfers will do this instead of talking to each other

joined Jan 14, 2020

well, this aint gonna end well

I'm not sure which of them confessed at the end, though I lean toward Utako, given the preceding "Aki-chan,"

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

Arai never misses. I love this series, "The Real Momoka," and "The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All." Hopefully, one day in the foreseeable future we can get closure to this series!

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Arai never misses. I love this series, "The Real Momoka," and "The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All." Hopefully, one day in the foreseeable future we can get closure to this series!

Well this just explained why I like the real momoka this much. Author doing such a good job with the art

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 5:56AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

So few good manga for us the Bi !!!

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

So few good manga for us the Bi !!!

What's up with that? On the rare occasion I do see bi characters in stories they tend to be treated almost like villains. They tend to be the character that is cheating or otherwise causing all kinds of drama.

It's a shame there aren't more chapters of this.

last edited at Aug 14, 2022 12:32AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

God. Damn. It.

This is why I don't read uncompleted works on AO3 anymore...

To reply you must either login or sign up.