Forum › Posts by sofine

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

like this is a bit lewd and mostly cute, but there's something very, uuh, gender about the current fad for butches/princes/tomboys who are specifically shown to be bottoms. probably for the same reason butch4butch 0.001% of yuri and femme4femme is 98.7%.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

really like coming back to this one. feel like it's about properly feminine desire? in as much as it's degendering, or monstrous for a woman to be "active", in a way violating the cannibalism taboo is more appropriate than a woman being active?

her roommate satisfying herself by cannibalizing herself blurs the line between active/passive and penetrating/receiving which are pretty frequent ways we organize the sex/gender/sexuality/role/prestige complex. very explicitly its a way japan organized men/not men as far as penalizing receiving msm and making lesbianism illegible and not even illegal. the mc who's not "good enough" to cannibalize her friend is nevertheless good enough to show explicit desire and join the "monstrous" side? does defying the cannibalism taboo recoup enough morality points? does desiring the sated cannibal meet the requirement for a woman to desire an active partner?

other interpretations are cool, taken literally its cool, playing around with taboos is fun, the horror edge spices things up, like, all in all its one of the best one-shots on the site. there's an elegant restraint to the shock value, mixed with the genre breaking cute face of canni-chan, that i find particularly compelling. the mc's bored face hiding desire is iconic.

also cannibalism probably stands in for masturbation, and yet the story wouldn't work at all if the masturbation was made literal. the cannibalism needs to be there as a breach to do work in.

sofine
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

this is perfectly fine? kinda feel like the "trap rei" stratagem has a certain lifespan, but this isn't toxic at all? like, kaya more or less confirmed she didn't like her boyfriend at all, and the boyfriend cheating there is well in the "maybe you should admit the relationship is fucked, but you fucked instead" area. that's understandable at least. that kind of avoidance is a very human flaw and just pretty shitty instead of incredibly shitty.

more or less, rei acted completely ethically. homewreckers can't expect to be liked by people, but are hardly the party at fault. rei's claim that she can only trust people who stay with her after she's hurt them is kinda toxic, kinda suggestive of backstory, and kind of wrong in this case? kaya isn't really hurt, and rei should know this. stealing someone's boyfriend from the trash can isn't stealing, and everyone knew that boyfriend was heading for the trash can. which means rei is a thieving cat only because its cute for her to be one.

is the kaya/rei relationship likely to work out? honestly, no. will it be worth it to both participants? probably. is it going to be as toxic as other commenters think? no, rather its likely to die from either devolving into friendship, or into just another of rei's relationships. probably the only romantic one, but maybe the only non-sexual one. kaya's open jealousy makes it hard to tell if she's ace enough and poly enough to be rei's only romantic relationship sans sex. doesn't really seems like it if she's plotting to avoid sex to trap rei instead of that being a preference. feel like the trap can't last and the question is, what then?

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

some of you are really like this, lol

"it's not transphobic if the evil male predator pretending to be a women doesn't say that he's a trans woman! transphobes would never say that 'men will dress up as (trans) women to get past women's defenses' means trans women aren't accepted! it just means that treating trans women as women is inherently dangerous to females."

"it's just an unfortunate coincidence this plot point comes at a time of maximum transmisogyny! you're a dick if you bring politics into art! see how oversensitive trans women are! they even thought that dig was intentional. you know what they say about a guilty mind."

"regardless, even if it was transmisogynistic then it isn't a big deal anyways, and the guys whining about it are just trying to bring a good women down. and no that wasn't another dig. i just use 'guys' in a gender neutral way and 'they/them' only for trans women who are within earshot."

"as we all know transphobes are willing to grant that trans women are just regretful, pitiable creatures like goblins. also dangerous violent and cruel rapists like goblins. they really just have a problem with violent males. which doesn't include russell brand, johnny depp, roman polanski, or any other famous male rapist, whom they support."

"we can all agree that transphobes are only against men preying on women, not trans women. the idea that they have a problem with trans women, who they see as definitionally men preying on women, is just because you agree that trans women are ontologically Rape itself. the perverts who are lavishing violence and ugliness on their on twisted mockery of women's bodies while defiling the Eternal Feminine."

sofine
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

pls moar secretly gloomy gay panic alien and recovering gloomy girl!
developments for the other couple seem likely. is grandpa an alien, a lothario for aliens, or an alien hunter who takes trophies?

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

kinda don't love how hina is walking on eggshells in the relationship even now. real bad vibes. it may be an artefact of a rushed ending but still toxic insecurity vibes.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

. the ideal format is an almost sitcom-like gag where somehow by the end of every chapter the mistress is in fact sucking her blood.

And if she isn't sucking her, the characters should ask "Why isn't she sucking her?"

turns out the characters asking "Why isn't she sucking her?" include matilda herself! a little too quick turnaround to forces mistress to suck her blood sorta justified by the hints matilda is already head over heels. a return to oneshot dynamics?

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

probably the worst way to work through the post-slap relationship. this was the most likely route but still actually kind of dark af. like, actually kind of realistic where the injured party just kinda wants to not think about it and pretend everything is fine. but, y'know, also literally how abuse starts in relationships! with the person in kurumi's position blaming themselves and being sure that they did something wrong to deserve it.

like sure, toxic actions happen in irl relationships without always proceeding to abuse. but we also need to take them seriously as a society? and they still very frequently doom the relationships? there's a reason even "just a slap" is an infrequent source of drama for the true endgame relationship in josei anymore. if taken seriously it is incredibly hard to come back from. compare run away with me, girl.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

it's been dry eraser marker squeaks 2 days since mistress last topped me and sucked my bloo- ah mistress you can't...

let's all be honest, setting the debate about the fantasy of someone assuming/enacting your desires and yet allowing you to remain the properly feminine passive recipient of passion aside, we're here to see mistress suck her blood. the ideal format is an almost sitcom-like gag where somehow by the end of every chapter the mistress is in fact sucking her blood.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

this anthology and this story in particular are highly underrated. it's the understated and almost unromantic take on classical yuri that imo is really special. yayoi in particular is elegantly and concisely portrayed here.

sofine
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

I was really supprised by the slew of tags, deciding to read the comments and now I’m bloody down right terrified to read it because it might trigger my gender disphoria >.>

I have some really werid curiosity about scenarios like this, witch is way I kinda like genderbend stuff or anything similar to this(the ones that are secessive hentai are too much), because humans reactions to such situation is really interesting, one thing to, doujin like this is mostly Het, does any one has some recommandations for this type of story but with yuri ?

This is imo def yuri but pretty eggy and the hentai in the last half is very uninspired hentai outside of forcefemme genderbend fetish.

Probably not exactly the right place but:

(neither is hentai at all)

"Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made" is amazing, though the early art is rough. Basically makes the trans subtext of genderbend stuff pretty explicit in clever ways. Characterization is very strong too. Yuri ship is sailing really quick recently, but is far from a foregone conclusion. It's more than worth reading even if the yuri ship sinks or is kept subtext. Honestly, it's one of the best manga i've read. It's definitely not cis, either from just taking the premise seriously or genuine familiarity.

"Onii-chan Is Done For!" is extremely yuri, is a very well done slice of life comedy, and is overall a pretty fun and wholesome time. Genderbended protagonist says the possibly the most trans thing a genderbended character has ever said in the third chapter, and almost cracks her egg before comedy sets in. Setting kinda requires that the egg doesn't crack and the kids don't grow up. Lots of wholesome trans vibes overall. Sometimes a little cis. Top tier comedy manga overall.

sofine
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

like this is yuri but it is mostly 100% pure trans eggyness. a 1:9 ratio of yuri to extremely egg in denial fantasies. notice the first half is all pretty non-sexualized living life as a girl things. if you're a guy or a femboy and this really makes sense to you, then you might want to try the idea "i really can become a girl in real life and live the rest of my life like that" on for size. it's at least worth exploring.

also imo it's 0% yaoi imao. senpai's right that kouhai's actual main motivation wasn't saving her but to actually get to be a girl.

sofine
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

I guess this wasn't as bad as the literal skinsuits/ possession skinsuit stuff I've seen popping up in hentai somewhat recently. I don't mean to kinkshame, but man I don't get the appeal of that at all.

Anyways onto this, it was cute for what was essentially forced feminization smut I guess?

the big part of the appeal is actually moderately explicit in the work funnily enough. the bit about how searching for senpai is cover up and distancing from the kouhai's real goal of living as a normal goal is mirrored by the distancing mechanism of dubious consent forcefemme from the very stigmatized desire to live as a girl, and the even more stigmatized desire to be a normal sexual being as a girl.

the rest is the usual "this is highly stigmatized and therefore erotically charged." if you "wanted to be a girl" before puberty, and were in denial, then during puberty it can be incredibly obvious especially if you "cross"dress or think of yourself as a girl. sexual excitement that was purely dysphoric becomes much less dysphoric when "cross"dressing in the same way that just existing previously became less or not dysphoric when "cross"dressing. yet the massive stigma, and the crushing guilt and shame, and the scary weird sexual feelings, and usual kink formation kinda all kick in.

like personally my "compulsion" to "cross"dress felt very forced and external to a part of me that was very aware that a "guy" wanting to be a girl was Very Bad and Perverted and Dangerous. the fact that it just removed dysphoria prior to puberty and did the same after puberty didn't make finding "forcefemme" stuff less recognizable. it was very close to my experience of being unable to stop being trans, and having distancing mechanisms like 100% repression and denial during the day that i was "cross"dressing and thinking of myself as a girl at night. plus the burgeoning weirdness of sexual feelings only working normally when i wasn't dysphoric, depersonalized, dissociated as shit coinciding with the guilt and shame of "cross"dressing and wanting to be a woman, and the feeling that this was coming from outside myself, and my masochistic tendencies really made forcefemme genderbender really work and be painfully relatable and also make me so guilty and ashamed i could die.

sofine
Oni Kouhai discussion 03 Jun 01:40
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

There's a fatal flaw in this premise.
When she gets horny, her horns come out.
The more horny she gets, the bigger the horns get.
The bigger the horns get, the stronger and more dangerous she becomes... because her strength gets more and more uncontrollable as it keeps increasing.

Oni kouhai will never be able to make love to her senpai without accidentally killing her. >_<

Obviously the solution is she's gotta be the bottom.

worst imaginable scratches incoming for senpai's back, and let's hope kouhai isn't a biter >_<

more seriously it's a really well executed story, super cute, well paced

and the, well, the mechanics of a relationship have to have worked out previously for that family tree to have not ended. the horned ancestors have non-horned partners so there's gotta be some trick to it.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

page 20 is truly a wound at best. this one shot's set up is really compelling, and couldn't be told within a one shot. a two or three shot might have been the way. still good but so unlike nakatani nio's other works. mangled to fit the wrong format.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

this was much better than i remembered. i read it as it was being scanlated, and got too hung up on the doomed? satoka x kotori ship. even though shiori x hiwa is pretty much the only fully requited love, it's a pretty delicious yuri. kinda need the growing gods to physically and mentally match pace better with their love interests, or step aside cause they're gods.

despite the color full pages, satoka and kotori in particular seem particularly ill-matched in a romantic context. satoka just can't get out of the familial onee-san role and kotori is so smothered in little sister love so she can't really grow. that's probably part of why chika is such a breath of fresh air.

hiwa not understanding that she's the one standing in the way between shiori and chika is adorable af and i really think seeing that play out would have been great. probably the best moment in the manga other than kotori's dream about chika and satoka. it's very well done and a very good character moment that allows for probably the best part of the story if you're willing to give up on satoka x kotori. while totally ruling out polyamory is such a decade! ago vibe, it's also true that polyamory is very much not for everyone.

rare shipping brain moment

the ship i want to sail the most is satoka x ayano (class rep). despite being probably the most unpopular ship, it's not impossible as it does have minimal little support! satoka finds ayano adorable, and ayano has one (1) doki, one (1) grip and one (1) beat panel of "love?" towards satoka in intermission 2. the relationship dynamic seems good with ayano being spoilable and genki as satoka likes, but is also adult enough to prevent satoka from going full adorable little sister mode. honestly, ayano liking satoka in the beginning could explain her being the first manipulated? into helping satoka study. it would be cute and make sense if ayano's request to play with kotori gained a secondary goal during that aforementioned beat panel. finally, ayano is also the only one who's seen satoka's ikemen side and that'd be an adorable "only i know that side of you kyun." who doesn't love a good "only i know that side of you *kyun."

if, as seems likely, kotori ends up with chika, or kotori bows out causes she's an actual god, then i think the following could happen and would be delicious if it did. satoka more or less might unconsciously seeks a replacement kotori in ayano (intermission 6). when ayano doesn't even get to choose between the (non-blood) sisters, then she might end up with her second choice as the only option. both would feel like they're settling pretty hard even though the alternative relationships wouldn't work well in practice. even better, both seem observant enough to be able to tell that the other is feeling that way. such a unstable relationship would be pretty cute and painful in equal measure. what's best is whoever falls deeper at any one time would be so vulnerable to doubt and heartache. so delicious.

sofine
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

parsee has such a nice way of showing she cares, what a great night for them both. and what a cute way to be honest.

sofine
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

Have an unusually active Natsuki which is refreshing, very cute.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

it's so cute and so wholesome

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

a random fave gets moar, won't argue!

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

Y’all, degradation kink is a thing.
I don’t think a oneshot needs to explain us the dynamics of a BDSM roleplay, having them say safe words and dropping the act all of a sudden, but even a quick search and an open minded reading can make you understand some people are into it and the boundaries in anything bdsm related have to be clear.

The degradee can sometimes purposefully do things that would irritate the degrader to get punishment, I think that’s the point because just getting called names and getting spanked when it wasn’t provoked in the slightest is indeed boderline abusive. It’s a matter of being a “bad girl who deserves to be punished” and a “good girl who deserves a reward”, it all falls within this type of play.

And if the last panel indicates anything, the sub girl obviously obliged to the request (command) of her gf, meaning she wasn’t forced and this is a consensual play.

(Would anyone who’s actually part of the BDSM community and not a virgin with access to the internet care to tell me if I am mistaken? If it is the case.)

Hi. Hello. IDK if you were trying to imply that I'm a terminally online virgin but I do, in fact, have IRL BDSM experience. The thing that's skeevy to me is the implict threat that if the sub doesn't go through with a fairly extreme form of public play, the dom is going to break up with her. There is no textual evidence that that implication is part of the scene, and that kind of thing is a classic example of something that boundary pushers do. Part of having safe and healthy BDSM is both people knowing they can back out of a scene. It is also, unfortunately, a plot element that comes up in a lot of fictional BDSM. People can get bad ideas from that sort of thing, and it misrepresents the emphasis on safety that is a core part of BDSM culture.

seems like ms domme threatens chastity or orgasm denial more than breaking up?
"B... But! You said if I didn't do it this way, you'd never do it to me ever again. Recently, you've constantly forced me to hold back..."
We really have incomplete information about how boundary pushing this is. Or if all parties agree on the domme seeming unreasonable and then caving. Threatening break-up doesn't seem on the table as far as i can tell from the translated text?

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

masochist-chan being treated nicely. how enviable. being a bratty sub works. (and yes the "meanness" is very hot.)

clang clang clang

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

it's back! i hope tuna-chan gets a little more slice-of-life learning how to be human stuff. that'd be a simple way to give her space and time to develop some more personality than "pig oddly excited to be cut into ham". so far it's cute but cute fishing focused hobby manga with implied yuri/vore is almost a little passe already?
edit rereading the first chapter... misaki's mercury levels have to be critical

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 1:33AM

sofine
Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

i really don't get everyone's reactions here. the story defies a lot of the "saving someone from bullying leads to romance" tropes. aki doesn't fall in love with iku-chan because iku-chan is saving her over the years. iku-chan just realizes she already loves aki when aki made some distance to save iku-chan with the bullies. no magic or heroic comeuppance came for the bullies, but staying by someone's side when they're being bullied really is all you can do sometimes. overall the story is understated in a pretty nice way.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

suletta unlocks a new fetish!

miorine's esophagus (chuckles) i'm in danger