Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

joined Jul 21, 2020

Am I the ONLY person who has fell in love with Rinarina?

Er, I mean, yandere is kind of niche....

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I wonder why she doesn't just say she's paying for extra tutoring. I mean, it's technically true, right?

joined Apr 16, 2022

Am I the ONLY person who has fell in love with Rinarina?

Most of us have fallen in love with the author I think

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

This author is a beacon of hope for all those struggling with life.

Just make your entire life into a hobby!

joined Jul 23, 2019

She's a housewife. Her main occupation is caring for her family and doing housework while her husband goes out to work. (In her free time she draws manga.) It's ok, nothing wrong with that, those are her life choices and all's fine with them, power and respect to her! But she's hardly what I call a role model.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

She's a housewife. Her main occupation is caring for her family and doing housework while her husband goes out to work. (In her free time she draws manga.) It's ok, nothing wrong with that, those are her life choices and all's fine with them, power and respect to her! But she's hardly what I call a role model.

She is a well-adjusted person who lives a life she built for herself and lives it to the fullest, enjoying every day of it. That's far better than 99% of people I know can do, so she is a goddamn role model (and a beacon of hope) in my book.

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 6:32AM

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I agree. She's a good wife to her husband, not Marie Curie or Rosa Parks. All this worship seems grossly exaggerated.
Awfully boring too.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

She's a housewife. Her main occupation is caring for her family and doing housework while her husband goes out to work. (In her free time she draws manga.)

Why do you assume that she's a housewife who draws manga in her free time and not the vice versa? Just because she has fun drawing this series doesn't mean this is not her main job. Making comics to upload to Twitter/pixiv or doujins for sales at Comicket might be a hobby, but an actual serialization requires professional commitment, not just something you do in your free time.

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 12:53PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

Just because Kosuzume says writing the manga "feels like just a hobby" doesn't actually make it one; it is, in fact, a full-time job with deadlines and everything. I understand being put off when people focus on the author instead of the manga but this backlash is going to some pretty strange places.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Ganma! pays 5k yen a page. Two 15-page chapters a month, 30 pages a month, she's making 150k yen a month. Even people who live off small part-time jobs make more. Thinking you can raise two children in Japan with that sort of income is a pipe dream. The family's breadwinner is clearly her husband, and she provides a little money on the side. That's why she said manga is her hobby.
As for being a wife and mother being a hobby too, that's a common joke you see often in manga; the meaning is that her housework is easy thanks to modern home appliances and babies are so cute she loves taking care of them, so she feels like she's more or less not doing work at all. Example off the top of my head: in ch1 of Neeko, when Neeko's full-time housewife friend calls herself a neet who does nothing but laze around? Same joke.

joined Jan 14, 2020

US $18,000 a year isn't the primary income, but it's more than a hobby, too.

And 30 pages a month is a lot of time commitment, too. Simpler pages than many in panel count, but fairly detailed art... For comparison, most full-time webcomic artists I know are doing 3 pages a week, 12-13/month. A standard superhero comic is 22 pages a month, but that's with separate people doing writing, penciling, inking, coloring, and lettering. Terry Moore did Strangers in Paradise on his own, 22 black and white pages + self-publishing work; that's around the high end. Questionable Content is 5 pages a week, but they're usually 4 panel pages with simple or re-used backgrounds.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

US $18,000 a year isn't the primary income, but it's more than a hobby, too.

You're not wrong, but they also have two cars, one for each spouse, which is not at all common in Japan, and she mentioned planning to change her car for a newer model just on a whim. They are visibly well-off. Hobby means she doesn't have a need to work, as her husband has a very good job with a high pay.

last edited at Aug 15, 2022 3:03PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Was sent to a study camp to work hard on her learning.

Only thinks of doing kyakya ufufu stuff.

Just another day in the life of Makino-chan!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Was sent to a study camp to work hard on her learning.

Only thinks of doing kyakya ufufu stuff.

Just another day in the life of Makino-chan!

And that's why we both feel for her and laugh at her misfortune.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

ah yes, such a nice family to decide her entire future and make her live life the exact way the want her to.
I now understand why her sister is so interessted to keep her girlfirend a secret.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I lost it at 'kyakya stuff'.
Also, I hope the author's family is well.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

ah yes, such a nice family to decide her entire future and make her live life the exact way the want her to.
I now understand why her sister is so interessted to keep her girlfirend a secret.

She had it coming to be honest. Putting 0 effort to do anything beside spending money to have gay sex. She honestly have nothing to say about it.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

You know I really thought after so many chapters this series was gonna go the route of Satou maybe start catching some feelings for Makino and they would actually end up together by the end of this... But the more the series goes on it feels/looks like Satou has zero interest in Makino at all outside of knowing she gives her money for sexy times.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

She had it coming to be honest. Putting 0 effort to do anything beside spending money to have gay sex. She honestly have nothing to say about it.

Because of her shortcomings, she deserves to lose her free will and right to her own choices?
That's harsh and very incorrect.

You know I really thought after so many chapters this series was gonna go the route of Satou maybe start catching some feelings for Makino and they would actually end up together by the end of this... But the more the series goes on it feels/looks like Satou has zero interest in Makino at all outside of knowing she gives her money for sexy times.

I could perhaps be wrong, but the idea I got from the ending is that Satou has agreed to do sexy things with Makino for free, not demanding even one cent in exchange, only asking her to put all her effort in studying to improve her grades. If I'm right, it is undeniably a small step forward.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

From the parents perspective sure

From a more wholistic perspective they are the ones that pushed her to escapism in the first place and are the ones who demands she choose a career in a very short time frame

They suck as parents

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Because of her shortcomings, she deserves to lose her free will and right to her own choices?
That's harsh and very incorrect.

Yeah, then maybe she can put some thought in her own choices instead of being a horny dog all day long. She basically make no effort into her "own choices", she definitevely had it coming.It would have been a different matter if she hadn't her mind in the gutter every hour of the day. Maybe that will make her realise there is other things in her life than wondering how many times she can afford Maron in the month.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

kosuzume made me google rs virus. apparently its seasonality has shifted to summer months due to covid precautions. interesting!!

joined Aug 29, 2019

I could perhaps be wrong, but the idea I got from the ending is that Satou has agreed to do sexy things with Makino for free, not demanding even one cent in exchange, only asking her to put all her effort in studying to improve her grades. If I'm right, it is undeniably a small step forward.

I have a sneaking suspicion that both you and Makino are in for a rough awakening and what Motokura and Satou have planned has more to do with studying for school than studying anatomy, despite how flirty Satou's avoidance may have appeared.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I have a sneaking suspicion that both you and Makino are in for a rough awakening and what Motokura and Satou have planned has more to do with studying for school than studying anatomy, despite how flirty Satou's avoidance may have appeared.

Oh 100% this there is no way Makino is getting free Kyakya ufufu stuff for free. Like I said to me it looks like Satou has ZERO interest in Makino at all. I mean she didn't even bat an eye when she finds out she's basically stalking her found out where she lived and then also took care of her while she was sick.

Since Makino is an idiot she's 100% expecting one thing and she's going into a solo study session with Satou and nothing more.

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 7:22PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Damn mommy author,only half a day!

She do be the titanium lady.

To reply you must either login or sign up.