Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

joined May 1, 2015

Damn, Kaori may not last a month to see the book sequel.
It is not fair.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh no our deeply insecure, incredibly worried over everything she does protagonist has met with a little sister who outright hates her. I wonder how she will react to this and if she'd manage to overcome this challenge

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 2:38PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

well… ouch

does anyone know how many chapters are left? or is it ongoing? (given the premise, i am inclined to think it won’t get past a 5th volume)

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

This series is making me anxious. I can feel death in the air, it's suffocating. I'm hoping for a recovery but I highly doubt that will happen.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Somehow I suspect the reason she didn't simply ask her sister to bring the book was exactly to get the two to meet.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Somehow I suspect the reason she didn't simply ask her sister to bring the book was exactly to get the two to meet.

Just as the Toxically Jealous Little Sister in *The Moon on a Rainy Night” backs off a bit, a new and even more virulent one appears here. Mere coincidence?

Sure, if you believe in coincidences . . .

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 3:32PM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

...... Why are we still here?

Just to suffer from the ending?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

...... Why are we still here?

Just to suffer from the ending?

yes

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

oh man there are even more layers to the angst

I love to suffer

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Ah, the classic jealous younger sister trope. No better way to amplify the angst :P

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Well at least some good things happened in ch 19

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Little sis needs to chill out because to be fair pretty soon NO ONE is gonna have Kaori sooooo.....

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

This series is making me anxious. I can feel death in the air, it's suffocating. I'm hoping for a recovery but I highly doubt that will happen.

Kaori literally says she's going to die, which is pretty blatant as far as death flags go. I'm holding out some hope that it's so blatant we'll get a curveball, but until then I'll keep my expectations six feet under.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

well… ouch

does anyone know how many chapters are left? or is it ongoing? (given the premise, i am inclined to think it won’t get past a 5th volume)

Latest chapter here was from the August yuri hime with it being the last in volume 4. So we have at least one volume's worth of chapters left

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Is it wrong that I find Kaori's little sister's jealousy adorable?

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 10:22PM

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

What's with all the mean-ass schizo little sisters who are super jealous of the love interest?
Also why is this particular one accusing the protagonist of "stealing" her big sister? She's always had a wonky health bar and it ain't the protag's fault if the big sis is in the hospital, she didn't beat her up or give her the covid or whatever

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Not wrong with the aaaanngggssstttttt.
Fcuk off mini Kaori.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

What do you think would be worse, if they actually acted on their, presumed, romantic feelings for each other and kissed (or more) before Kaori dies, or if it's all left as subtext?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The whole jealous younger sibling thing, which I've seen in manga after manga . . . I'm an only, so maybe I just don't get it . . . but does that ever really happen? It seems like one of these notions that superficially looks like it could make some sense but is pretty much nonexistent. Like, in real life does anyone ever give a damn about their older sibling dating unless they're with a total douchebag?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

What do you think would be worse, if they actually acted on their, presumed, romantic feelings for each other and kissed (or more) before Kaori dies, or if it's all left as subtext?

if/win Kaori dies she will know that Shizuku has feelings for her she's started to figure out said feelings and even if the way she confesses is inside of her novel as Kaori is reading it while she's sitting there. with the way Kaori's health is I doubt we will get a "or more" but I could at least see a kiss happening. It does have a yuri tag and not a subtext tag.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Fcuk off mini Kaori.

but she’s so cuuuuuuute

but does that ever really happen? It seems like one of these notions that superficially looks like it could make some sense but is pretty much nonexistent.

Personal experiënce says definitely not, but also…n = 1. They would have to be very (IMO unusally so) close siblings

last edited at Aug 2, 2022 3:53AM

joined May 29, 2021

I'm wondering this too. After all, let's be real...we know where this manga is going. She's probably thinking about the people who will be left when she's gone.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The whole jealous younger sibling thing, which I've seen in manga after manga . . . I'm an only, so maybe I just don't get it . . . but does that ever really happen? It seems like one of these notions that superficially looks like it could make some sense but is pretty much nonexistent. Like, in real life does anyone ever give a damn about their older sibling dating unless they're with a total douchebag?

There’s no way of knowing about any real-life numbers, but as a yuri trope it seems to function as a love-triangle surrogate—a way to introduce a temporary block to the MCs getting together without the author going all-in on creating an actual romantic love rival.

And then the process of setting the sister straight allows the not-sister MC to show their good qualities and/or the big sister to articulate their feelings (we’ve just seen both in The Moon on a Rainy Night).

I’m still stuck on finding out how many Japanese people actually become deathly ill from getting caught in the rain . . .

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

From the little sister's reaction, Kaori has been trying to erase her existence from her family the same way Shiuku has from hers. Thinking that that she's being kind, Kaori's been trying to put distance between herself and everyone she loves in the hope that people won't be so sad when dies. She even hid the fact that she was dying from Shizuku and wanted to pretend that she was merely going away after playing lovers for a time.

In Chapter 19, Shizuku realized how blinded she was to how many people around her loved her and worried for her and would care if she disappeared. In Chapter 20, we realize that Kaori is similarly (perhaps willfully) blind and still doing the same things that Shizuku used to.

Of course her little sister reacts like she does in this chapter. Her beloved older sister is dying and for some reason doesn't want to spend any time together. She's jealous of the one person her older sister hasn't abandoned.

Lay off the imouto, people!

joined Jan 3, 2020

Kaori tightens her grip on her phone when Shizuku mentions a book coming out next month...

Kaori doesn't think she'll be alive then, does she?

This is also why she sets up Shizuku to meet her little sister.

last edited at Aug 3, 2022 1:58AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.