Forum › I Wish Her Love Could Come True discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

LackLustre09721 posted:

Bruh, she gave me 2nd hand embarrassment, wtf was she even talking about lmao, her speech wasn't even related to the enthusiasm about being the student council.

Bruh, she was supposed to explain why she nominated Misaki. Learn to read.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

This feels a lot smarter than to fall into 00s shitty tropes.

I hope

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

I really don’t know what’ll happen next~~!! It hurts to read on but the suspense is killin me!

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I hope Yoh punches Ren in the face

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013
joined Sep 9, 2014

Not going to lie, that last scene made my stomach turn. I was kinda hoping he wasn’t going to go that far but it is wat it is. Not my cup of tea.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

that just felt fucking gross. they're better not gonna go deep into the shitty shoujo tropes and make Yoh waver ala "ugh i fucking hate him but why can't i stop thinking about that kiss" or "Oh no I kissed her crush. I can't date her after breaking her trust like that"

joined Jun 11, 2016

this is literally just a classic shoujo with a bit of yuri on the side. When was this thing made, 2009? It's so cliche and forced-hetero as hell. Why is this even on Dynasty??

"ugh i fucking hate him but why can't i stop thinking about that kiss" or "Oh no I kissed her crush. I can't date her after breaking her trust like that"

for something this cliche I'm afraid that it will go down this route, which absolutely sucks.

Also I kinda want some kind of warning for that forced kiss, that was sexual assault and gross as hell.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Like given how Yoh immediately thought of Nanase when he started getting close and was very much disgusted the whole way through I am hoping this will be used to then deconstruct the the Shoujo tropes of "you hate me so of course you care about me" and how forcing someone into a kiss is not actually a surefire way to get someone to fall for you but it sure will guarantee they'll despise you on top of whatever dislike was already there.

I don't have too high hopes however, but if it does go in that direction this could still be an interesting read.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Sexual assault, huh. Kinda disgusting how it is normalized in shoujo manga. I hope there will be actual consequences for that guy.

last edited at Sep 24, 2022 8:15AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

If you're concerned about this scene and don't mind spoilers, she won't fall for the guy and this is the worst extent of him forcing himself on her I think

joined Jun 12, 2015

Another sexual assault. Nice.

joined May 10, 2021

If you're concerned about this scene and don't mind spoilers, she won't fall for the guy and this is the worst extent of him forcing himself on her I think

I'll be coming for your table to flip it if yer lying.
Also I guess I'll give this another chance (I really appreciate this kind of spoiler so, big thanks).

Tumblr_6092d594b3a92296a4d35bac1b1a474c_c2d1131f_400
joined Apr 4, 2022

welp where did i put my gun

Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

Ew... forced het kiss

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Jan 2, 2022

Why do I have the impression that this will not be resolved with Nanase revealing what the student council president did a forcing him to face the consequences of his actions... Even though that would literally solve all of her problems (being pressured to join the student council and making clear that she dislikes the president) ?

This chapter was awful and, being unsure where things will go from here, I'm not sure that I want to see the next one.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Well that was fucking disgusting didn't feel like waking up this morning to read about sexual assault. I forgot Yoh did it in the first chapter as well but this one actually made me sick to my stomach and made me want to throw up. I guess it's used to paint him as a bad guy? If so it succeeded.

At least for now I don't see how Misaki and Yoh end up together by the end of this because of Misaki in the classroom confession she looked like she was about to cry when Yoh went into basically kiss her. She's gonna have to do a pretty big 180 to change her feelings from best friend to love her lol

joined Apr 26, 2022

Ew gross

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Great, I hate everyone and everything going on with this story :D

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I always knew that watching car crashes and train wrecks is my hobby, so it doesn't surprise me I still intend to read it despite this chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Re: the translator’s note—when was this first published?

I was sort of enjoying this, not as imaginary people in a created world, but just as a slightly off-kilter trope machine playing variations on the standard “unrequited love” scales. This latest chapter pretty much blew it for me, though—I’d have been more interested if the stuco prince had stayed the white knight he appeared to be and struggled with his own feelings in that context.

“Perfect guy who’s too good to be true turns out not to be true” is not only nasty, it’s trite.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Does this have a gory ending? Please say so

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I loathe this kind of guy in my yuri. Hahaha

If you're gonna come at me and tell that some girls also do this in yuri, well, I read for yuri so yes, I have double standards. Loooool

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I'll be coming for your table to flip it if yer lying.
Also I guess I'll give this another chance (I really appreciate this kind of spoiler so, big thanks).

Haha no worries, in situations like this I often prefer to be spoiled myself.

Slight caution though, things don't really get better until chapter 8 and the guy gets a redemption arc and "good guy" treatment by both girls that I don't think he deserves in the slightest.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Re: the translator’s note—when was this first published?

I was sort of enjoying this, not as imaginary people in a created world, but just as a slightly off-kilter trope machine playing variations on the standard “unrequited love” scales. This latest chapter pretty much blew it for me, though—I’d have been more interested if the stuco prince had stayed the white knight he appeared to be and struggled with his own feelings in that context.

“Perfect guy who’s too good to be true turns out not to be true” is not only nasty, it’s trite.

The disclaimer at the end isn't of my own doing but was included in the volume by the Japanese publisher.

I found it appropriate to add and translate it, because I knew people would be upset about the content.

Goes to show that even for Japanese people, it was probably controversial content.

As for when, it was published, it's from 2020.

Yeah, I know, these tropes were already stale by then. But as a reminder, it got published in a purely shoujo magazine (and as far as MU can be trusted, it's the only yuri series they ever published) and in the end, it doesn't go the way people think it will. Some people are biased because they read up until chapter 9 in Spanish, but there are 13 chapters total.

last edited at Sep 24, 2022 11:14AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.