Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

joined Jun 5, 2018

I've been keeping an eye on the raws and regarding the drama I didn't see any, they're really just making progress on their life and choices and exploring everyone, which sucks when you wait a month and they dedicate one to the guy in the bike, come ooooooon he already served his purpose! but the one chapter that came out today was just Nozomi and Shino alone and ...that's exactly what I needed!

For every chapter you mourn, is a chapter I appreciate. (Because I like reading about the guy on the bike)

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Another chapter where it feels like the author is specifially toying with the yuri fandom :P Never change, Kuzushiro-sensei.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Is this it? Is this how it begins? Ooooohhhh i hope it better beeeee~

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"What are Nozomi and I to each other?"

• Are we blood relations? No, we are not.

• Are we strangers? No, we are not.

• Are we acquaintances? No, we are not.

• Are we just friends? No, we are not.

• Are we lovers? No, we are not. [Narrator: Not yet, anyway.]

We are, in fact, Cohabiting Cuddle Bunnies!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

GASP They are... they are..!! ROOMMATES O_O

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUN

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Could it be that our relationship is... Simbiosis? t-that can't be, we're both human females

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

GASP They are... they are..!! ROOMMATES O_O

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Seriously, Japanese culture is notoriously skinship-shy, and that's certainly reflected in most manga and anime, at least in regard to grown people.

But these two "roommates" are all over each other, all the time, and, as we see at the start of this chapter, Nozomi is often the instigator.

And what are the odds that Nozomi ultimately nixed Shino's request to, ahem, sleep together? That is, sleep together again.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 6:36PM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

But these two "roommates" are all over each other, all the time, and, as we see at the start of this chapter, Nozomi is often the instigator.

Yeah, I feel like the only sensible answer at this point is lovers. I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up in Futaribeya territory, though

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww. I do like this series, even if it goes nowhere

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

The fucking tease from the author my god

joined Mar 23, 2022

I hope she will come up with the thought, can we possibly be lovers in the future? like yessss please me with all my prayers.senseiii whennn??? I hope we wont get the same heavy tease from the author with her/his another work about two gal friends related to deaf high school girl.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Why can't they be sisters, though? Adopted sisters are a thing, and that's basically this situation. You became a family, now you need each other like family, just start calling her your sister to everyone else and there, it's official.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, it's not not progress, I guess.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Remember this author used to make explicit yuri even with sex?
Me neither

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I honestly feel bad for wanting to see that line crossed, somehow. And yet, I also feel like there’s no way some of this isn’t the author intentionally teasing just a teensy tiny liiiiiittle bit...

At this point, I think I’m just reading into it what I want to see lmao.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

"What exactly are we--Nozomi-san and I?" Shino, we've been asking the same thing for 40 chapters, if not 109. Questioning that relationship is like falling down a rabbit hole (you are here).

And "At any rate, if we always stay like this, things might get difficult." Always? Difficult? The sister-like relationship seems fine, it doesn't seem like it will hold back Nozomi. That sentence doesn't make sense without it being either overly embarrassed or intentional subtext. Maybe the publication will take a different angle, but at this point if the story doesn't follow through on the subtext it's a plot hole.

last edited at Jun 20, 2022 5:05AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Good analysis Pyrrho.

Speaking of this author and yuri, I'm really sad the rest of Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san didn't get scanlated.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

"What exactly are we--Nozomi-san and I?" Shino, we've been asking the same thing for 40 chapters, if not 109. Questioning that relationship is like falling down a rabbit hole (you are here).

And "At any rate, if we always stay like this, things might get difficult." Always? Difficult? The sister-like relationship seems fine, it doesn't seem like it will hold back Nozomi. That sentence doesn't make sense without it being either overly embarrassed or intentional subtext. Maybe the publication will take a different angle, but at this point if the story doesn't follow through on the subtext it's a plot hole.

The way it works here is that Shino questions her relationships towards other people, but she never, ever properly questions who Shino is and nails it down. By lacking self-understanding, she also ends up lacking tools to define what her relationships are. You can't measure a true distance between two people, if you can't even find one of the measuring points.

At this point, just about all other characters probably know who Shino is better than she does.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

And "At any rate, if we always stay like this, things might get difficult." Always? Difficult? The sister-like relationship seems fine, it doesn't seem like it will hold back Nozomi.

It would if either or both of them started a new romantic relationship.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

And "At any rate, if we always stay like this, things might get difficult." Always? Difficult? The sister-like relationship seems fine, it doesn't seem like it will hold back Nozomi.

It would if either or both of them started a new romantic relationship.

I don't see why that would be a problem. Unless Nozomi wanted to move in with them or something, but I'd guess that, by the time their relationship reached that state, Shino would have likely already moved out. Nozomi and Shino's relationship shouldn't really get in the way of any romantic relationships (aside from some initial awkwardness perhaps). Of course that is from an outside perspective, considering the characters' personalities I suppose they would imagine it to be a much bigger deal than it actually is.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I always get a bit of a chuckle out of the classic '' oh no I'm graduating high school soon, life will never be the same '' trope. Now that I am in my late thirties, I can really see how unimportant those few years actually are in the grand scheme of things. To be quite honest, the one thing I'd like to tell adolescent me if I had the chance to would be something like '' just chill, none of it matters to you in like 5 years and you don't talk to 98% of the people anymore anyway'' :P

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think it helps, it's a micro society system...You'll end up with more or less confident after that but it's also true that your life could change drastically after your twenties, personality too.

Uuuhhh childhood friend route seems to be still there but dormant, I don't buy the "I only like my idol" lol

I want to Talk about the RAWs once again, in the latest chapter we hit a point that sounds like the climax trigger but it might end up being not much after all (like the previous 5 times when the drama went up to a 100) and return to status quo... But if not, I think Shino could try to make things more... intimate. It's always like this, first Shino gets a bit crazy, then Nozomi, then Shino, then Nozomi gets A LOT crazy then healing and now is Shino's turn again.

I think, I could see an ending but I don't want to make theories with RAWs

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Shino why when talking about your friends´ Kouhai you said you are not popular yourself when you also have a Kouhai that told you she loves you???

Did I miss something? Did I imagine that chapter??? I swear the last time the volleyball Kouhai showed up at the end of the chapter she told Shino she loves her!.. right??? and then she hasn't show up since.... did I miss a follow up chapter or am I remembering everything wrong??? I think I have to do a re-read....

last edited at Jul 30, 2022 2:41PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now there's a guy firmly in the 2D camp... :D

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Shino why when talking about your friends´ Kouhai you said you aren¿t popular yourself when you also have a Kouhai that told you she loves you???

Did I miss something? Did I imagine that chapter??? I swear the last time the volleyball Kouhai showed up at the end of the chapter she told Shino she loves her.. right? and then she hasn't show up since.... did I miss a follow up chapeter or am I remembering everything wrong??? I think I have to do a re-read....

Shino has always had a hard time remembering that the volleyball kouhai exists.

To reply you must either login or sign up.